It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Text of President Obama's State of the Union Address, as prepared for delivery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Dear Mr. President, members of Congress and Distinguished guests...

I seriously just skimmed though it...after reading the first paragraph, tears welled up and flowed like Niagara, not out of hope but ...

out of a serious lack of TRUST ...

which hasn't been in the my heart since the death of JFK; call me what you will but, since then, I've seen and heard nothing in 56 years but war, death of American's, bad economies, worsting of health insurance to the point where even Medicare is taking the homes of those that work so hard in 30 years to retain. All gone with a stroke of a pen. Civil Obedience performed by those we once trusted has completely vanished, Policeman no longer are regarded as role models but instructed to fear those that voted them in to keeping us safe.

and that is the short list....

I can't go on and won't list them though there would be volumes without number if we all did and we ALL have heard enough. Change those and we might begin to trust again, but Time is the true test of every character, and truth is best reflected by it's actions not by mere words.

This true blooded American does no longer trust in his own Government due to being a victim of the state and no longer feel safe within it's own borders. Let me say that again...I do not feel safe within the borders of my own country, and I know I can say that with assurity for most Americans. I say that with a broken heart and rivers of tears but remain hopeful for my children's children and Nephews and Nieces and ALL those what would defend the Republic and the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic without hesitation.

I am hopeful, and have a dream that the next generation, and the one after, will take the reigns of Diligence, intelligence, Respect and brush off bitterness, anger, resentment and greed to move forward to create a government where the USA is truly a light of life, liberty and the pursuit of Happiness unto itself FIRST and those that would stand with her. Right now, She stands, nearly alone with very few next to her has she once did no more than 70 years ago. Her allies can be counted on one hand.

in the face of all that is ...

I pledge Allegiance to the Flag, of the United States of America, and to the Republic of which it stands, ONE nation, UNDER God, INDIVISIBLE, with Liberty and JUSTICE for ALL.

~SSG of 9 yrs in the National Guard, Honorable Discharge; Brother of Naval serviceman awarded for Heroism (peacetime) and Nephew of Retired Naval Veteran of 3 wars and 12 invasions (Deceased) and Uncle to a Marine of 4 years in Iraq

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

This true blooded American does no longer trust in his own Government due to being a victim of the state and no longer feel safe within it's own borders.

Mencken agrees,

All government, in its essence, is a conspiracy against the superior man: its one permanent object is to oppress him and cripple him. If it be aristocratic in organization, then it seeks to protect the man who is superior only in law against the man who is superior in fact; if it be democratic, then it seeks to protect the man who is inferior in every way against both. One of its primary functions is to regiment men by force, to make them as much alike as possible and as dependent upon one another as possible, to search out and combat originality among them. All it can see in an original idea is potential change, and hence an invasion of its prerogatives. The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are. The Smart Set (December 1919)

Mencken

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So when do I get my community Obamaducation?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
SOTU speeches are all the same.Propose a bunch of programs that we all know will never see the light of day,praise the military and promise them even more money and power.Throw in some BS human interest story that won't be remembered the next day and there you have it.How many years have we heard roughly the same speech? I do find it funny how everytime this PR exercise rolls around more than a few members here buy into the illusion that the POTUS is actually in charge of anything.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I wasn't going to post anything about this address. I didn't watch it.....I have a hard time listening to what I perceive as a lack of sincerity.
So I thank SO for printing the text.

It's hard for me to say anything nice....all I see is the potential for more taxes for me and mine to pay for his pie in the sky ideas.....and I still cannot afford the faux insurance plan I had shoved down my throat....nor can i afford to see a doctor, or get a prescription filled.
I have yet to feel the full brunt of the Detroit Bankruptcy.....or the sellout of the Detroit Water System....things the federal government did not feel the need to get involved with....as corporations and banks are more important than people these days.

The energy regulations are hurting. That is a worry.....

I feel the economy is not doing as well as we are told. I see prices rising. And quality deteriorating.

I don't see jobs being created like we are being told......and part time jobs with no future will not return this country to greatness.

I don't know anyone who can save for retirement.....most I know live paycheck to paycheck. Homes in my area are still falling to foreclosures.

Exactly.."the stock market doubled"...good for the 1%ers that have more than enough already...does nothing at all for working class folks facing food prices that have more than doubled in the last decade while wages either stayed flat or declined.

Wtf...are all these douche bags oblivious or intentionally aholes?

Regular folks are honestly on the brink here...the only ones who have benefited in the last 3 decades are the top 5%.

Not one single working class person has gotten ahead.

There are vastly more working poor now than at any single time in american history.

Crime is about to go through the roof.

As those like me with no charges arrests or convictions are forced to steal or sell drugs etc...to feed our kids.

I don't want to be a criminal...but my kids went hungry for the first and last time in this week.

I work 2 jobs..their mother works 50 hours a week.

We pawned everything we have at this point...the cable is off..our truck is shot..

I don't take a dime from the gov..I am a worker not a taker....wtf am I supossed to do here but watch my kids starve and die?

I served I went to college and couldn't finish because it cost too much..I am at the end of my rope...

I have worked very very hard my whole life.....is this rely all that there is to this bs american dream?

Never see your family because all you do is work..and then suffer constant pain and die because you cant afford to go to the doctor?

This country and this world can go f ck itself....the only point is letting greedy pos crap get more....f ck it I am done.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
This man couldn't lie straight in bed!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

When you graduate High School with at least a c+ average. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
EXPRESSION OF ANGER: So what gives this guy the impression that he was elected to do what HE wants as opposed to what the people of this country want? I didn't watch the address because I wanted to get some sleep...and sleeping angry doesn't work well for me.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

The shadow of crisis has passed, and the State of the Union is strong.

N.L.B.S.

Will we accept an economy where only a few of us do spectacularly well?

Class warfare plug, inaccurate and misleading.

Will we approach the world fearful and reactive,

Hello? Approach the world with eyes wide open and admit that radical Islamic terrorism exists. Can he even say the words ... radical Islamic terrorism?

Will we allow ourselves to be sorted into factions and turned against one another

That's rich. The dude has had Al Sharpton as his race relations advisor for years and had him visit the White House dozens of times. Obama spent 20 years in a divisive religious 'blame the white man' cult in Chicago (Black Liberation Theology). He appointed his racist buddy Holder to run the (in)justice dept.

about ten million uninsured Americans finally gained the security of health coverage.

You IDIOT. 85% of this country had healthcare that worked and that they liked. You BROKE the entire system in order to get (allegedly) 10 million people health coverage ... many of whom don't want it and can't afford it. Obamacare SUCKS. It's not free health care .. it's forced purchase of a product that many can't afford and it's destructive for small business. It's causing underemployment because small business' are dropping working hours to part time for employees to avoid paying Obama

Middle-class economics works.

Obamanomics = trickleup poverty.

or refighting past battles on immigration

Obama immigration = invite all the illegals in and give them a pat on the back for being here. Amnesty. Major $$ tax payers have to put out to support them all.

middle-class economics means helping working families feel more secure in a world of constant change. That means helping folks afford childcare, college, health care, a home, retirement — and my budget will address each of these issues, lowering the taxes of working families and putting thousands of dollars back into their pockets each year.

You IDIOT. You can't provide free childcare, free college, free health care, a stand alone home for everyone ... and cut the taxes of working families. It doesn't work that way. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Someone has to pay. And 'soak the rich, punish the productive taxes' doesn't work.

I say this: If you truly believe you could work full-time and support a family on less than $15,000 a year, go try it. If not, vote to give millions of the hardest-working people in America a raise.

I say this: If you are only capable of earning $15,000 by flipping burgers at McDonalds, then you should NOT be popping out babies that you can't afford. Use your head.

We still need laws that strengthen rather than weaken unions,

Yeah .. because unions sure helped Detroit .. right? Dumb.

By the end of this decade, two in three job openings will require some higher education. Two in three. And yet, we still live in a country where too many bright, striving Americans are priced out of the education they need. It’s not fair to them, and it’s not smart for our future.

Then they should get money for school the old fashioned way ... work for it and take out loans. I couldn't afford college so I went into the Army and they paid for it ... and at the same time I was earning a living. There is no reason why anyone in this country should be forking over their hard earned money just to send people to college for free. They need to get off their butts and get the money themselves. I did it. It can be done.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
How can he say the state of the union is strong when it has gotten weaker. What you see before you is a false economy. He is like any other politician ...................always letting his alligator mouth overload his hummingbird arse.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

My first duty as Commander-in-Chief is to defend the United States of America.

And yet it sure looks like you are empowering those who want to destroy us.

Second, we are demonstrating the power of American strength and diplomacy.

How? By cutting our military and going on an unending apology tour?

In Cuba, we are ending a policy that was long past its expiration date..

The one good thing you've done.

The best scientists in the world are all telling us that our activities are changing the climate, and if we do not act forcefully, we’ll continue to see rising oceans, longer, hotter heat waves, dangerous droughts and floods, and massive disruptions that can trigger greater migration, conflict, and hunger around the globe.

Fear mongering. The science isn't finished on this. Next thing you know, he'll be hawking Al Gores carbon credits on street corners. It's smart to try to be green and have a cleaner world, but this 'climate change' fear mongering is not the way to do it.

I still believe that we are one people.

And yet you are the most divisive POTUS we've had in my lifetime.

live the idea that we are our brother’s keeper, and our sister’s keeper.

But we aren't.

Imagine if we broke out of these tired old patterns. Imagine if we did something different.

Maybe you should take your own advice ... (Mr. 'they cling to guns and religion') You are partisan and divisive.

A better politics is one where we debate without demonizing each other; where we talk issues, and values, and principles, and facts, rather than “gotcha” moments, or trivial gaffes, or fake controversies that have nothing to do with people’s daily lives.

And yet that's exactly what you do ... partisan rhetoric. oh, and Bengahzi isn't a 'fake controversy'.

it’s possible to shape a law that upholds our tradition as a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants.

Dude .. throwing wide open the doors of the country and inviting the illegals in is NOT good for anyone. And we already have laws in place that regulate immigration. It has to be a controlled flow otherwise the country suffers. That's basic economics. Go take a class on it sometime.

We may go at it in campaign season, but surely we can agree that the right to vote is sacred; that it’s being denied to too many;

WHAT are you talking about? Anyone who registers to vote can vote. Voter ID cards prevents voter fraud. Surely that's something you would want ... less voter fraud. Unless you know that voter fraud benefits your political group, eh?

We may have different takes on the events of Ferguson and New York. But surely we can understand a father who fears his son can’t walk home without being harassed.

The man in Ferguson who got shot wasn't 'just walking home and getting harassed'. He was a thug who attacked a cop in his police car. Surely you can understand that ... but then again ... obviously you are incapable of admitting it.

I have no more campaigns to run.

When you leave the White House, you'll go repeat pretty speeches written by other people for big money. So you do have more campaigns to run.

My only agenda for the next two years is the same as the one I’ve had since the day I swore an oath on the steps of this Capitol — to do what I believe is best for America.

God help us.
edit on 1/21/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy
The scary thing is there are actually Americans out there that buy his lies and broken promises.

I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. The subjects I've looked at have all different education levels, but the one common thing I've found in most and the only common thing is if you place them in a situation that needs them to rely on their own skill set and power they're unable to cope with it well. Even if they survive it seems to be by shear luck or someone else coming around and helping them in the end. I'm unsure if this sole link between them all, so the study goes on.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Nothing like telling the passengers on a sinking ship everything's fine.
So many whoppers told there give that man a crown.
If only words matched deeds......
That oath he swore on the steps of the Capitol - didn't he have to do it again later?
edit on 21-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
No mention of droning children, pensioners & pregnant women?

He save the women and children punch line for reasons to raise taxes and eat the "rich".

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That had everything to do with the UK, and it's operation boot so BP could buy the Anglo-Persian Oil Company.

Did the UK stage the overthrow? Nope the CIA did and last time I checked the CIA was an American agency.

You mean the poors greed right ?

Those poor rich people their wage slaves wanting to make enough to live so they wouldn't have to live on government subsidies.

That would be the Potus having a problem with accepting reality.

No it has to do with you being ignorant of historical fact.

As his policies have been EPIC failures.

If you call low unemployment, a dropping deficit, Wall Street the highest it's ever been and the lowest federal spending in decades a failure then you need to learn what the word failure means.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And yet it sure looks like you are empowering those who want to destroy us.

Who would those people be? Corporate America or the Muslim terrorist seeing how he secretly is a Muslim.

How? By cutting our military and going on an unending apology tour?

He has increased military spending and the apology tour was a lie spread by FOX and Rush.

Fear mongering. The science isn't finished on this.

Yes science is finished on this the only scientist that say it isn't are the ones on the payrolls of the oil companies.

And yet you are the most divisive POTUS we've had in my lifetime.

He has pushed for people to treated more equally than any other president we have had in quite a while. Wanting blacks to be treated as equally as whites is not be divisive.

And yet that's exactly what you do ... partisan rhetoric. oh, and Bengahzi isn't a 'fake controversy'.

Yes it was and the report that the Republicans had ordered proved that.

Dude .. throwing wide open the doors of the country and inviting the illegals in is NOT good for anyone. And we already have laws in place that regulate immigration. It has to be a controlled flow otherwise the country suffers. That's basic economics. Go take a class on it sometime.

When did he throw the doors open? When did he send out that invitation? Also without illegals the economy in several states like California and Texas would crash.

When you leave the White House, you'll go repeat pretty speeches written by other people for big money. So you do have more campaigns to run.

Campaigning means you are running for a office he will just give speeches like every other president does so they running campaigns too?

God help us.

There's your main problem no mythological creature is going to help you that is up to you to do.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

21st century businesses will rely on American science, technology, research and development. I want the country that eliminated polio and mapped the human genome to lead a new era of medicine — one that delivers the right treatment at the right time. In some patients with cystic fibrosis, this approach has reversed a disease once thought unstoppable. Tonight, I’m launching a new Precision Medicine Initiative to bring us closer to curing diseases like cancer and diabetes — and to give all of us access to the personalized information we need to keep ourselves and our families healthier.

What he said about curing diabetes and cancer. If they have it cured by the time his term is up, the Democrats will have the White House from 2016-2020. I have huge doubts about it. I know he has said a lot of things even in 2008 that haven't happened yet. I paid attention to the whole speech, but this paragraph will stick with me over the next few years. You don't make big promises like that without something to back them up.

And exactly when did he say anything about curing diabetes and cancer before leaving office?

Nothing like holding someone to a promise they never made!

Normally, I'd ask what the hell you were listening to during the President's speech when you think you heard something that was never stated.

But this time, courtesy of Skeptic Overlord, you have the entire text right before your "lying eyes."

It' no wonder he can't meet your expectations. It's because he has no way of knowing what you promised to yourself during his speech.

But I'm content knowing that you'll just keep on holding your breath waiting for it to happen. Because there is nothing more pleasing to this Democrat, than watching Right-Wingers turn Blue.

edit on 21-1-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
More nonsense filled with false hope and promises, like every single politician ever.

one day it will all end

until then 'No we cant!'

Q

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
No mention of droning children, pensioners & pregnant women?

There may have been I stopped at "terror touching our shores"...

"God bless"?

Seperation of church & state?

No such thing as Christian terrorists?

I can't even...

Sure there are christian terrorists. Terrorists of every race, creed, etc. But Islamic/Sharia Law is terrorism against humanity. Encourages an environment for barbarism and attempts to keep humanity in a perpetual state of arrested development. Gotta love their/your argument "...but moslems aren't the only ones doing it, everyone is!". Way to address the problems within that religion. But then you'd just claim it's all fake and the MSM is to blame. Tell us, are they to blame for making it up, or for the fact that we even know about it? And you can cry "islamophobe" and [rather inaccurately] "racist" all you want, you're nothing but a christian-hating anti-semite "racist" yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hendrick99

you're nothing but a christian-hating anti-semite "racist" yourself.

I know you can't back that up with evidence...
But I gotta say that made me laugh heartily...

However inaccurate it was!

Anyways...
"Terrorism against humanity"...

Doesn't that cover all terrorism?

From what Buddhist, Christian, Islamic, Hindu & Judaic extremists all participate in?

& where did I say it's "made up"?

Have you ever seen my input regarding ISIS, the Taliban & others?

I'm gonna guess no!
edit on 21-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join