It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLK Day Racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Comparing Sharpton to MLK is akin to comparing Hitler to JFK.

WOW...read a little. I was comparing Sharpton to her comment on playing politics. You're a super moderator and aren't even reading the thread, or are you purposely trying to make it sound like I said (or meant) something I didn't???

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

WOW...read a little. I was comparing Sharpton to her comment on playing politics. You're a super moderator and aren't even reading the thread, or are you purposely trying to make it sound like I said (or meant) something I didn't???

You are saying what you are saying. I ain't making this up.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Although MLK was really fighting for the civil rights of black Americans, he included whites to show he had support from the white population. If he would have allowed only blacks to become involved in the movement, the outcome may have been different. I think some African Americans today have lost the importance of showing unity when it comes to calling attention to social injustice against their race. When you alienate other races, it's displaying the exact opposite.

THANK YOU! Very well stated.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, "those people standing behind the speaker are all black" equates to those people are people. In other words, who cares?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You are saying what you are saying. I ain't making this up.

Then quote me...where did I COMPARE Sharpton and MLK. Go ahead! If you can't then you're lying. Your move!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Waiting...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
HELL NO it isn't.
HE was NOT about skin he was about UNITING the skins ALL as Americans...ONLY.

Then why on this day of all days is the segregation so obvious on these stages? Wouldn't it be better if there were people from every race, sex and belief standing there in celebration of MLK?

Because they want to be above everyone else. Everyone else is afraid of getting blindsided. They use race as a crutch while Martin Luther King wanted equality. You can't be the victim and be equal.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Still waiting and running out of patience. Are we done?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't think it's racist. I mean, most white people are indifferent to MLK Day. We appreciate what he did, and we support what he did, but we don't feel the need to set a day aside for it. I think having a day set aside for it, and people celebrating it almost shows how much people are living in the past and can't let go of certain things.

I support and appreciate it, while there's a day set aside, I guess I don't mind it.
What I do mind is that they close schools, banks, and the post office. That's going a bit far, I think.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream which he so eloquently expressed:

[i"]I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

His daughter was on the radio today and said she it is very heart warming to see whites, latinos, and asians protesting during the "black lives matter" rallies.

MLK's dream for his daughter was hijacked by opportunists who encourage identity politics.

I agree with you about the politics. I've seen this over and over again like recently with Sharpton. Of all people to speak or educate on race, why this person who makes his living on assuring continued racism...or at least the appearance of racism.

Go back to the Civil Rights Act.

The southern Democrats are who tried to block it. The Republicans were the party that were the impetus to get it passed.

Somewhere along the way it was turned into a political football, which the Democrats claim to own now.

Everything is political now pandering and demonizing now.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It would be ridiculous to think that there weren't white people involved in the civil rights movement.... good for them but, aside from societal advances, what did it do for whites? Did we put ourselves in a place of scorn and violence? As a rule, not a one off. Do we need a pat on the back for being human? MLK Day is a celebration of those that put themselves out there. Racist? Not seeing it.

Sorry...but that doesn't ring for me. MLK was against color and race being an obstacle. He stood for ALL people are equal. Yet looking at that stage...apparently not. When you think about it and look at that stage, it sure looks like "black" day, not MLK and race acceptance day.

Is that MLK's fault or the fault of those who choose to make excuses versus excepting responsibilities?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream which he so eloquently expressed:

[i"]I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

His daughter was on the radio today and said she it is very heart warming to see whites, latinos, and asians protesting during the "black lives matter" rallies.

MLK's dream for his daughter was hijacked by opportunists who encourage identity politics.

I agree with you about the politics. I've seen this over and over again like recently with Sharpton. Of all people to speak or educate on race, why this person who makes his living on assuring continued racism...or at least the appearance of racism.

Go back to the Civil Rights Act.

The southern Democrats are who tried to block it. The Republicans were the party that were the impetus to get it passed.

Somewhere along the way it was turned into a political football, which the Democrats claim to own now.

Everything is political now pandering and demonizing now.

Well the last time I agreed with you, a "super moderator" tried to twist my words. But I'll agree with you again. The people of this country are mostly fine where race is concerned, it is the users and leeches who use it as a weapon to keep us all down.

link   

Hardly. "MLK Day racist"? Your premise. Why even bring Sharpton into it?

link   

Oprah just wants us to watch her new movie. MLK was a good Christian, and I have no problem with MLK day. I do have a problem with people stiring the pot for political reasons.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

It would be ridiculous to think that there weren't white people involved in the civil rights movement.... good for them but, aside from societal advances, what did it do for whites? Did we put ourselves in a place of scorn and violence? As a rule, not a one off. Do we need a pat on the back for being human? MLK Day is a celebration of those that put themselves out there. Racist? Not seeing it.

Sorry...but that doesn't ring for me. MLK was against color and race being an obstacle. He stood for ALL people are equal. Yet looking at that stage...apparently not. When you think about it and look at that stage, it sure looks like "black" day, not MLK and race acceptance day.

Is that MLK's fault or the fault of those who choose to make excuses versus excepting responsibilities?

Obvious the latter.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

OMG...please go away, you're getting pathetic with your twisting of my question. Everyone else here is discussing a topic, you are the only one I see trying to derail the thread. Something you are supposed to prevent if I'm not mistaken?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

PS: What happened to you telling me where I compared MLK and Sharpton???

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The people of this country are mostly fine where race is concerned, it is the users and leeches who use it as a weapon to keep us all down.

Or those that focus on color to stir things up.

Whats this thread about again?

The man or the message? If you respect him at all you'll quit disrespecting him by pointing out "color". Otherwise this thread is concealed racism itself and should be taken down.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Oprah just wants us to watch her new movie. MLK was a good Christian, and I have no problem with MLK day. I do have a problem with people stiring the pot for political reasons.

It is too bad that now-a-days, everyone is out for themselves instead of for people in general. There always seems to be a selfish motive.

And on that note...I'm outta here. Mr. Super Moderator has sufficiently pissed me off.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

PS: What happened to you telling me where I compared MLK and Sharpton???

You do realize that you're now trolling your own thread....right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join