It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLK Day Racist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: seeker1963

It's your logic why do you need me to explain it to you?

Exactly, just goes to show you don't really care right?

More deflections because you can't explain your one liners?

Really wanted to get deeper with you on this one, but you obviously have a reason to hide right?

I'll leave you to hide in your corner, but don't say I didn't give you a chance!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I wonder about perception with some people.

I posted about the need for a minority message... you came outta nowhere with people who preach equality are anti-LGBT. That left me only the supposition that you perceive all black people as anti-LGBT because some black people are.

Apparently I DID need to explain your own logic to you.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I wonder about perception with some people.

I posted about the need for a minority message... you came outta nowhere with people who preach equality are anti-LGBT. That left me only the supposition that you perceive all black people as anti-LGBT because some black people are.

Apparently I DID need to explain your own logic to you.

WOW!

All I have said and done in this thread is try to promote equality for everyone, regardless of race/religion/sexuality and yet here you are trying to say I am wrong?

You seem to promote division by selecting a race and telling everyone how they are treated so badly by society, while supporting the government whom has created the environment that allows this certain race to be treated this way, and yet you try to make me out to be the bad guy?

What the hell?

Are you in the race for the new spokesperson for the White House?

Have fun living in your fantasy world Kali!

At least you gave me 3 to 4 sentences this time to try to figure out what the hell you were trying to say!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Wondering if MLK day is racist to me sounds racist in itself.

Only a racist would wonder if MLK day is racist in my opinion.

edit on 19-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Enough.

Every time you don't like what I have to say on something, you accuse me of race baiting and supporting the government. I have yet to report you because I despise appealing to authority. THAT OUGHT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING. You can't comprehend much very well so I suggest you stop trying to argue out of your depth because all you manage to do is misinterpret anything, anyone says.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Why?

Can you explain that leap in logic?
edit on 19-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
If anything it shouldn't be a holiday at all, celebrates one guy who was supposedly preacher, had sex with many women, alcoholic, stole other peoples work in college... Yet none of our presidents get one holiday even (one who freed slaves to begin with). There are people who deserve a holiday way more than this guy!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Why?

Its like saying love means hate, or equality means repression.

Its like calling the sky the earth, or like calling hot cold.

Calling a day racist which celebrates the man who called for an end to racism is in itself racist, because the day is celebrated for an end to racism.

To call the day which celebrates the end of racism racist just shows the problem within the psyche of our current emergent racist generation.

I think its racist to call those who wish to end racism racist.

Its also race baiting. . . . I would imagine this thread goes against the T&C of ATS calling a day which celebrates the end of racism, a racist day is hate speach in my opinion. I will flag it to the mods in hopes they may remove it.

Instead of a trace buster think of it as a race buster

edit on 19-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

There will continue to be a need for a minority message for as long as minorities are treated unequally. You guys want minorities to be all accepting, act as if everything is equal when it isn't. We've come far but we aren't there yet.

The onus is on minorities to assimilate and integrate into the majority population, not the other way around. It's nauseating to continually hear about the "need for greater equality for minorities" by Western social justice warriors, whom seem to ignore that minorities in EVERY nation usually face some kind of inequality or discrimination.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Why?

Calling a day racist which celebrates the man who called for an end to racism is in itself racist, because the day is celebrated for an end to racism.

To call the day which celebrates the end of racism racist just shows the problem within the psyche of our current emergent racist generation.

Its also race baiting. . . . I would imagine this thread goes against the T&C of ATS calling a day which celebrates the end of racism, a racist day is hate speach in my opinion. I will flag it to the mods in hopes they may remove it.

Newsflash...

MLK Day has nothing to do with ending racism.

It's a national day of service.

www.nationalservice.gov...

The OP observed that some celebrating MLK Day may not be as color-blind and MLK had hoped for.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Why?

Newsflash...
www.nationalservice.gov...
The OP observed that some celebrating MLK Day may not be as color-blind and MLK had hoped for.

Now your saying MLK day has nothing to do with ending racism!

How ignorant is that?

Newsflash this thread is race baiting.
edit on 20-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Racist?

Seriously?

Listen to his speeches. Read his writings. He was nothing of the sort. Nor is the observance of his birthday.

Are some of the people observing his birthday bigots? Maybe. Maybe not. Certainly the vast majority are nothing of the sort. What they are is concerned, with good reason, that the lessons of Martin Luther King, Jr. are being forgotten.

Forgotten by whites. Forgotten by blacks. Forgotten by people who should damned well know better.

I have a dream...

Read it. Then listen to it. Feel the emotion, the plea, behind the words. A plea that has, to all intents and purposes, fallen on deaf ears for decades since he uttered them.

MLK was not about equal rights for just blacks. He was for every man. Every woman. Every child.

Some have perverted the message. But read/listen to the words... They speak far more eloquently of a dream that try as we may, will not die. Maybe someday we'll actually put them into action.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Not if they don't want to.

The rights of the few are just as important as the rights of the many.

Because they are fewer, they must needs have the protection of the Law to a greater extent then the majority. The majority have power to protect themselves. The minority do not.

With out that protection they are victims waiting to happen. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually they will become victims of the majority. That is unconscionable.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Greater equality? How about just equality? Our laws don't require everyone to be the same in order for them to be protected by them. That doesn't always seem to happen in reality though.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Jamie1

Go back to the Civil Rights Act.

The southern Democrats are who tried to block it. The Republicans were the party that were the impetus to get it passed.

Somewhere along the way it was turned into a political football, which the Democrats claim to own now.

That's complete BS.

A higher percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act than Democrats.

Want to try again.

Ahhh but if you break it down and look at the southern votes, more southern dems voted for it than southern republicans. More northern dems voted for it than northern repubs.

So no, no other try needed. Trying to paint the republicans as the champions of The Civil Rights Act doesn't really work. They helped, but they didn't ramrod it through Congress.

So no,

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Go back to the Civil Rights Act.

The southern Democrats are who tried to block it. The Republicans were the party that were the impetus to get it passed.

Somewhere along the way it was turned into a political football, which the Democrats claim to own now.

That's complete BS.
JFK carried 70% of the black vote. JFK (and RFK) were both well known for their support of the Civil Rights Movement (and their relationship with MLK and Coretta Scott King). Then in 1964, the Republicans ran Goldwater for President. Goldwater viewed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as unconstitutional and voted against it. MLK said that the nation would break out in "violence and riots, the like of which we have never seen before" if Goldwater was elected. If I'm not mistaken Johnson got something like 94% of the black vote.

So clearly this "somewhere along the way" narrative of yours is bogus.

It also bears mention that though Goldwater lost, "Mr. Conservative" was largely responsible for the resurgence in US conservativism and the modern Republican Party. Something of a parallel could be drawn to another famous "loser" — William Jennings Bryan — and the effect he had on Democrats at the turn of the century. People latch on to these out of context factoids like the bit about the vote on the Civil Rights act or "Lincoln was a Republican!" as though it some how makes the modern GOP look better.

Perhaps a bit of reading on the "Dixiecrats" and Strom Thurmond is in order?

Look up George Wallace, former Gov. of Alabama . He was the typical southern *democrat* at that time.
He is the one standing on the steps at the University of Alabama
with the state police preventing segregation.
edit on Tue Jan 20 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It is about the message and how it has been bastardized by people for their own, personal gain and often to keep us all separated.

Like you just did by saying, 'hey lets get some white folk up on that stage…'

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Newsflash...

Oh. While were at it lets get some cops up on that stage, too. They could pose in their uniforms, billy clubs raised, guns drawn…

That would be more "accepting" and inclusive too, you think?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join