It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLK Day Racist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

MLK was about being color-blind. It seems that he, and MLK day are being portrayed as being something for blacks, not being color-blind.

Observing that phenomenon is not being racist.

Oh is that why he marched right into the dark heart of white racist america? it wasn't to get the cops to beat them up and get that on nation wide TV to prove out white racism inherent in America, now would it?

I agree about his message, but his practice was something different. The people of Ferguson are aware of that. If there is a message about excluding whites on MLK day on that stage nowadays, I get it.

EDit to add: By the way, I wish it wasn't so, either. I lived through that era and saw it live. I know what he was trying to do, despite how he was received. They killed him for his message of equality and anti war stance.
edit on 20-1-2015 by intrptr because: additonal

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The people of this country are mostly fine where race is concerned, it is the users and leeches who use it as a weapon to keep us all down.

Or those that focus on color to stir things up.

Whats this thread about again?

The man or the message? If you respect him at all you'll quit disrespecting him by pointing out "color". Otherwise this thread is concealed racism itself and should be taken down.

I think that was the point of the OP.

MLK was about being color-blind. It seems that he, and MLK day are being portrayed as being something for blacks, not being color-blind.

Observing that phenomenon is not being racist.

Thank you! Some people don't want to hear that. Calling a person racist is the fastest way to shut someone down.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I don't know..tired of the race debate but I got a cool MLK story....

kazantoday.com...

bout a guy that got up and punched MLK during one of his speeches and when everyone rushed in to give him a thumping MLK told everyone to stop and to pray for the guy...I've heard a few variations of the story to include the man crying and then apologizing to MLK..but MLK meant what he preached. Seemed like a cool guy...imagine in times like that too...

We need more people like that today. Ones who actually want to get along...not divide.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join