It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richest 1% on track to own 50% of entire worlds wealth ............by 2016 !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

They think they own us, they dont!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Take all their money from them, redistribute it all equally amongst all humans on Earth, if the 1% resist, put them on trial for crimes against humanity with the punishment of death.

That easy... now we just need some politicians in place that actually have the guts to call for something like this, or enough angry people in the world to revolt against these economic capitalistic oppressors.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
It is inevitable under the nature of capitalism, and the humanity is currently singing to the tune of enforced capitalism.

Resources can be bought, including those essential for life, such as water, shelter, food etc, it allows for monopolisation.

Monopolisation = control

Control=power

Good ethics do not figure in the basic formula of attainment of such power, in fact evidentially,the top power stratas have been shown to contain a high percentage of those lacking ethics, therefore the end result is unethical, selfish power and control.

The only way forward is to reformulate capitalism, where ethics figures as a factor, or for the implementation of a new non capitalist formula.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LiveForever8
a reply to: stirling

It is frightening really.

I was reading an article the other day about an owner of one of our football teams here in the UK and how he was worth approximately £500,000,000. I was pondering how unimaginable it would be to have half a BILLION pounds in the bank when I noticed that a few sentences on from that the article also stated that he was Britain's 457th richest man.

Mind boggling.

after you get done pondering what it would be like to have that kind of money take some time and ponder how it would be to wake up one day and find out that the whole danged financial system has collapsed and all your paper wealth is only worth one night's worth of warmth coming from you fancy million dollar fireplace.

I think if I had that much money I would invest a little in a nice small cottage somewhere out in the middle of nowhere and a whole mess of long lasting food.. the rest I would use to adopt a few needy families just to get them off the welfare rolls, maybe save a few homes for some people.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Take all their money from them, redistribute it all equally amongst all humans on Earth, if the 1% resist, put them on trial for crimes against humanity with the punishment of death.

I'd like to nominate this for the most ridiculous post in ATS history (and that's saying a lot). Crimes against humanity? Go watch some more movies pal. Your bitterness is the real problem.

FYI...there never will be (never has been) any such thing as "equal for everyone on earth". The sooner you accept that the better.
edit on 20-1-2015 by stolencar18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

originally posted by: LiveForever8

a reply to: stirling

It is frightening really.

I was reading an article the other day about an owner of one of our football teams here in the UK and how he was worth approximately £500,000,000. I was pondering how unimaginable it would be to have half a BILLION pounds in the bank when I noticed that a few sentences on from that the article also stated that he was Britain's 457th richest man.

Mind boggling.

after you get done pondering what it would be like to have that kind of money take some time and ponder how it would be to wake up one day and find out that the whole danged financial system has collapsed and all your paper wealth is only worth one night's worth of warmth coming from you fancy million dollar fireplace.

I think if I had that much money I would invest a little in a nice small cottage somewhere out in the middle of nowhere and a whole mess of long lasting food.. the rest I would use to adopt a few needy families just to get them off the welfare rolls, maybe save a few homes for some people.

I like the way you think!

Screw money and the materialism it came in with!

Grow in love for and with your families thats real wealth.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

I'd like to nominate this for the most ridiculous post in ATS history (and that's saying a lot). Crimes against humanity? Go watch some more movies pal. Your bitterness is the real problem.

FYI...there never will be (never has been) any such thing as "equal for everyone on earth". The sooner you accept that the better.

Your rhetoric sounds suspiciously like " I got mine jack so # you........."
You need an empathy injection.....

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The richest 1% of what? The richest 1% of the entire world make about $34,000 a year.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

The guy he was responding to called for the murder of 1% of the world's population and HE's got an empathy problem? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
You are right that the 1% figure is meaningless without context. A more frightening figure from I believe the same report is that the richest 85 individuals in the world have the same wealth as the poorest 3.5 billon.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The 1% protect the 0.0001% 1% is a lot of people. Like Navydoc pointed the average income across the globe may come to that figure for the top 1% but he is averaging in those that make nothing in the 3rd world. Those that are doing ok and NOT living in the 3rd world and can afford a vacation once or twice a year will defend the system tooth and nail because they don't want any less than what they have and they see many with a lot less.

I say abolish interest based banking and make debt illegal. No more taxes. Governments print and spend is the best way to inject money into the economy. Banks should have to earn their business, not have a monopoly on business.

Does nobody wonder why WW2 was fought full circle around Switzerland? That is where the bankers were, counting the dead's money and recording the debts of future baby boomers.

The 1% can stay. They are smart and have their uses but the banking cartels need to be stripped and their power to print money has to go back to elected officials or else give us communism.
edit on 20-1-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

The guy he was responding to called for the murder of 1% of the world's population and HE's got an empathy problem? Seriously?

Anyone with any sense would be able to tell what he meant.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I got mine? Ya...I got a decent job (under 6 figures), a comfortable lifestyle but sometimes I still have tight months between paychecks, a great family, and I live in a decent average neighborhood. My son goes to a public school and our household has two incomes. I worked my ass off to get where I am and I'm content with it. Do I work harder than some who have more? Perhaps, but I don't care what they have.

I don't need an empathy injection. You need to quit being so damn greedy and selfish. Your (and others) demands that the rich give all/some/most of their money to you is nothing more than laziness and greed and selfishness. Don't hide behind words like empathy or act like you're preaching some noble course. You're not. You want free money that isn't yours so you don't have to work. At least the poor on the street who beg, cup in hand, for spare change have the decency to ask for a little money (we'll set aside the topic of what they do with the money). You're worse than them - you're DEMANDING something be given to you that you have no right to. If I were you I'd be embarrassed.

Maybe you're right. I don't have any empathy for people like you.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

I think as humans we should be able to DEMAND free water/food/heat. Maybe even shelter. The people in this thread defending wealth disparity & "hard work" are pathetic examples of the human race. & the same people who will be rioting in the streets when all those pretty numbers on their computer screens disappear.
edit on 20-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

I think as humans we should be able to DEMAND free water/food/heat. Maybe even shelter. The people in this thread defending wealth disparity & "hard work" are pathetic examples of the human race. & the same people who will be rioting in the streets when all those pretty numbers on their computer screens disappear.

I'm afraid of sounding immature but your post actually made me laugh out loud. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wealth, unless it's earned through some shady methods. If some entrepreneur starts up a business and it thrives and he makes a billion bucks what's wrong with that?

For you to call people like me - someone who defends wealth and believes in hard work - a pathetic example of the human race is ridiculous. Let's get a few things clear. You have no RIGHT to free water/food/heat/shelter. And let's take it a step further....Let's imagine we COULD demand these things. What if I don't like what I'm given? You have to know that if everyone is demanding something then everyone will receive the same. Say everyone receive chicken and rice. What if I want steak and lobster? Shouldn't I have the opportunity to earn my steak and lobster? What if I want a bigger house than the standard house? Maybe a big garage so I can build a woodshop inside it. Can I work harder to earn some extra cash to get that for myself?

Let's simplify this because you seem to like crude, simple terms: Who the hell do you think you are to tell ME what I can or cannot do with my money, what I can or cannot have and/or earn, and who do you think you are to tell me I can't try to better myself and my lifestyle based on my own choices? If I manage to become rich some day I plan to enjoy it. Your envy and bitterness is only going to lead to more envy and bitterness in your world. That may be a hard concept to understand for someone who thinks that wealth and hard work are the traits of a pathetic human, but that's your problem. Enjoy your misery. I have a woodshop to save up for.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: rickymouse
All the money in the world won't come close to paying off the debt of the big countries of the world and their citizens.

The national debts are a fiction. The Fed a cabal of Rothchild banks, creates money out of thin air, supplies it to the U.S. government at interest which is thereby the national debt. So how can you be charged interest on nothing? It is one of the many Larceny by frauds that are perpetrated upon the 99%. Throw off these parasites before they kill us all and destroy the planet! "Behind every great wealth lies a great crime"- Honore De Balzac

I have my money invested in tangible commodities. I have a bushel of potatoes in the basement, half a cow in the freezer, and a bunch of supplies to last months if need be. The best thing is that our food pantry saves us twice as much as the money we would make in the stock market because we buy things on sale all the time. The slips show that we safe between thirty and fifty percent when we shop. Why worry about investing to make money when investing can save you more than you would make.

Outstanding my brother Rickymouse. You continue to contribute greatly appreciated commentary. Even if I don't agree with you, I always enjoy tossing your ideas around a bit. Don't forget some good organic seeds, may I suggest High Mowing Seeds from Wolcott, Vt. ? PEACE.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
The 1% protect the 0.0001% 1% is a lot of people. Like Navydoc pointed the average income across the globe may come to that figure for the top 1% but he is averaging in those that make nothing in the 3rd world. Those that are doing ok and NOT living in the 3rd world and can afford a vacation once or twice a year will defend the system tooth and nail because they don't want any less than what they have and they see many with a lot less.

I say abolish interest based banking and make debt illegal. No more taxes. Governments print and spend is the best way to inject money into the economy. Banks should have to earn their business, not have a monopoly on business.

Making debt illegal really creates another problem - how do the majority of people buy things like homes or cars? Sure, we could save for years and years and hope to pocket the money and pay cash, but what do you do in the meantime? You may need a car to get places and you certainly need a home. You can't wait years for those things. The ability to borrow money from a bank to get large amounts of money now to pay for big ticket items is pretty important to most people.

To think of it from another angle....Say you're a home builder. You own a company that builds average family homes. Suddenly debt is illegal, which means borrowing is illegal, so now people really can't buy my product (the house). Puts me out of work pretty quick.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I have about twenty packs of heirloom seeds in my box. I buy them when they go on clearance and use them the next year. Last purchase was around twenty packs and I spent about five bucks. I have had good success doing this, but if they get over three years old, only half will sprout. At one year almost all of them sprout and produce well.

Been doing that for years. I usually get pepper seeds, green beans, tomatoes, and cucumber seeds. Mostly the seeds where I need to start them in the house ahead of time. The ones in the stores in late January are old anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

I'm afraid of sounding immature but your post actually made me laugh out loud. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wealth, unless it's earned through some shady methods. If some entrepreneur starts up a business and it thrives and he makes a billion bucks what's wrong with that?

For you to call people like me - someone who defends wealth and believes in hard work - a pathetic example of the human race is ridiculous. Let's get a few things clear. You have no RIGHT to free water/food/heat/shelter. And let's take it a step further....Let's imagine we COULD demand these things. What if I don't like what I'm given? You have to know that if everyone is demanding something then everyone will receive the same. Say everyone receive chicken and rice. What if I want steak and lobster? Shouldn't I have the opportunity to earn my steak and lobster? What if I want a bigger house than the standard house? Maybe a big garage so I can build a woodshop inside it. Can I work harder to earn some extra cash to get that for myself?

Let's simplify this because you seem to like crude, simple terms: Who the hell do you think you are to tell ME what I can or cannot do with my money, what I can or cannot have and/or earn, and who do you think you are to tell me I can't try to better myself and my lifestyle based on my own choices? If I manage to become rich some day I plan to enjoy it. Your envy and bitterness is only going to lead to more envy and bitterness in your world. That may be a hard concept to understand for someone who thinks that wealth and hard work are the traits of a pathetic human, but that's your problem. Enjoy your misery. I have a woodshop to save up for.

My only problem is the following cycle:
Birth, school, job, family, death.

Our world is a disgusting paradox. A literal Pandoras box of [insert negative human trait]. I'm not *really* saying wealth & hard work are pathetic; it's the idea that all we know & strive for is based on & controlled by the ideas of growth, wealth, profit, & fiat economies. Everything you think & every argument you've made doesn't go beyond the surface of day to day life & the FACT there is no meaning to existence other than procreation. Now that procreation & love has been wholly industrialized & corrupted by "materialism", the only thing most people can do is trudge along in the current system & wait for death. Unlike myself, you may not think like that day to day or even somewhat regularly, but it doesn't make it any less true.
Nihilism = acceptance. Deniance of nihilism = denial.
Just because you feel fulfillment & self satisfaction doesn't change the FACT that much of the world lives in squalor & systemic slavery.

Long term conditioning won, we lost.

I'm not jealous of the 85 people holding more wealth than the bottom 3.5 billion people, are you?

I accept that our system is broken, has been broken a LONG time, & deserves to end, whatever the outcome. If you don't see that the system as a whole, in regards to the future of humanity, is broken, nay, EVIL, then yes, you are a pathetic human in my eyes.
Don't bother trying to insult me, I'm well aware of how alone I am in my views.

I think it's safe to say that the lobbyist industry is pretty shady, & potentially one of the largest creators of selfish Individual wealth at the expense of others, though you probably think lobbyists are the good guys and putting a cap on campaign contributions would be a bad thing. After all, it is their money to do with as they please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join