It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richest 1% on track to own 50% of entire worlds wealth ............by 2016 !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: DenyTreason
Most common people are concerned by this especially when they see their own wages staying the same or decreasing over the decades in addition to being worked even harder now (doing the work of multiple employees nowadays) then ever.

And all this while at the same time they are being told that they cannot get a wage increase (with the allegations ie: LIES of wage increases leading to job cuts and rising prices), while they see ASTRONIMICAL increases in pay, bonuses by the fat cats in control who say such things to them. With these ASTRONIMCAL increases in compensation by the fatcats, and the current employees who today worker harder than ever, do people actually REALLY BELEIVE that the only solution is job cuts and rising prices if they got paid a fair wage that AT THE VERY LEAST kept up with inflation?

This is why most common folks have an issue with this wage inequality of today. It is not jealousy of the rich, it is that they realize that they are being exploited BADLY while it is they who are doing ALL of the WORK and are being compensated just barely enough to get by dealing with serious struggle and worry their entire lifetime.

Most common people have no idea about basic economics so they fall for liberal BS like economic inequality. The reason some are seeing increases in pay has to do with it being a knowledge economy. Certain skills are in very high demand while average skillsets are not. It is a result of technology and global competition. It isn't because the "rich" are trying to keep it all for themselves.

Americans no longer compete against themselves, but globally. Unfortunately, for the least skilled, there is some guy from IIT in India who can do your job at half the cost or the blue collar guy is seeing his job shipped to China. However, the guy that is a programmer or has some valuable skill is in high demand.

There will always be economic inequality. ALWAYS. Yes, there are some obscenely rich people but why do you care? These people earned their money by providing something of value on a large scale that in most cases betters the lives of many.

I LoLd. All your arguments are intrinsic of someone fully conditioned by & addicted to the system.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: DenyTreason
Most common people are concerned by this especially when they see their own wages staying the same or decreasing over the decades in addition to being worked even harder now (doing the work of multiple employees nowadays) then ever.

And all this while at the same time they are being told that they cannot get a wage increase (with the allegations ie: LIES of wage increases leading to job cuts and rising prices), while they see ASTRONIMICAL increases in pay, bonuses by the fat cats in control who say such things to them. With these ASTRONIMCAL increases in compensation by the fatcats, and the current employees who today worker harder than ever, do people actually REALLY BELEIVE that the only solution is job cuts and rising prices if they got paid a fair wage that AT THE VERY LEAST kept up with inflation?

This is why most common folks have an issue with this wage inequality of today. It is not jealousy of the rich, it is that they realize that they are being exploited BADLY while it is they who are doing ALL of the WORK and are being compensated just barely enough to get by dealing with serious struggle and worry their entire lifetime.

Most common people have no idea about basic economics so they fall for liberal BS like economic inequality. The reason some are seeing increases in pay has to do with it being a knowledge economy. Certain skills are in very high demand while average skillsets are not. It is a result of technology and global competition. It isn't because the "rich" are trying to keep it all for themselves.

Americans no longer compete against themselves, but globally. Unfortunately, for the least skilled, there is some guy from IIT in India who can do your job at half the cost or the blue collar guy is seeing his job shipped to China. However, the guy that is a programmer or has some valuable skill is in high demand.

There will always be economic inequality. ALWAYS. Yes, there are some obscenely rich people but why do you care? These people earned their money by providing something of value on a large scale that in most cases betters the lives of many.

I LoLd. All your arguments are intrinsic of someone fully conditioned by & addicted to the system.

At least I actually made an argument unlike you. So tell us, what is the acceptable ratio of wealth to be owned by the wealthiest. I keep hearing about this inequality, but no one can seem to say specifically when everyone had equality of wealth? What does that even mean?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I don't think we even need to be specific about it. Here in the UK seeing the poor struggling with relative wage decreases (due to failure to increase wages in line with inflation) and food bank usage on the up while the rich are getting richer, it seems obvious that things need nudging in the other direction at the very least. Not everyone is lucky enough to be born/raised with the ability to go and make vast sums of money for themselves, that doesn't mean they are fair game to be taken advantage of by those at the top.

A big problem from my point of view is the funding of political parties by big business with obvious repercussions. Let's be honest, when these people are all in bed with one another there are going to be a lot a mutual favours going on.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Addicted, or smart enough to understand how to get ahead and succeed in life through hard work? Is that something you don't think people should be conditioned to? I plead guilty then - I am conditioned to work hard, earn a solid paycheck, care for my family, and, while I'm not perfect, I try my damndest to worry about me and not how much my neighbour has. Do I get jealous? Sure. Of course I do. But what good does that do? I'm sure people look at me and wish they had my life. And people likely look at them and envy theirs. They always will, but the best response to do your job in life - provide for your family, look after yourself, and care for your neighbour. If you choose to spend your time wishing you could drag your neighbour down, so be it. Enjoy your misery.

You know...it's funny. You copy and pasted that response to another poster. It's very reminiscent of the tinfoil hat crowd that responds with something ignorant when they don't have a valid statement. Like the anti-vaxxers freaking out over autism or whatever the flavour of the week trend/conspiracy is...the default response is one like yours instead of something intelligent. The same way you say I sound like someone addicted to the system I could say you sound like someone addicted to the handouts and gimmes.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
All the money in the world won't come close to paying off the debt of the big countries of the world and their citizens.

The national debts are a fiction. The Fed a cabal of Rothchild banks, creates money out of thin air, supplies it to the U.S. government at interest which is thereby the national debt. So how can you be charged interest on nothing? It is one of the many Larceny by frauds that are perpetrated upon the 99%. Throw off these parasites before they kill us all and destroy the planet! "Behind every great wealth lies a great crime"- Honore De Balzac

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Replace money.......

With what?

We just sit around in mud huts trading chickens singing kumbya ya?

Yeah the current system is broke but is there a better system?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

2. Why do you feel you're entitled to someone else's money, regardless of how they obtained it? If they obtained their riches through hard work or even inherited it from their family, do you deserve that money too? I concede that many of the wealthy are sketchy - but where do you draw the line?

I draw the line at:

Have they evaded taxes?

Have they broke the law?

If so confiscate there ill gotten wealth.

If not? Leave them alone.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Bonus question: What is the purpose of your thread anyways? With all due respect, I wonder if you're bitter or jealous, or perhaps one of those people who refuse to work to earn an honest days pay (you know they're out there). I know that's a silly question that anyone would deny, but I have to wonder...What do you hope to accomplish? You think someone will suddenly cut you a cheque for a cool million and you'll be on your way?

I think most of us are less annoyed at the rich and more annoyed at the governments setting up and unlevel playing field with different rules and cronyism.

When the super rich can pay off the goverment to change or ignore a law they don't like you have a problem.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

These people earned their money by providing something of value on a large scale that in most cases betters the lives of many.

Yes many did.

But there are many like the bankers that caused the 2008 crash that certainly have not betterd the lives of many and who escaped any consequence of there actions, in fact the genral public got lumbered with the bill while they walked away with there 100 of millions.

Or the many career politcians who have made millions of back room deals and pork barrel spending?

I have no issue with the Richard Brandsons or Elon musks its the greedy , law dodging corrupt bastards above I have a issue with.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

a reply to: stirling

I haven't logged in for months but a few questions (because this really is an insane thread you've created - watched The Dark Knight Rises too many times?)
1. What is this "human inheritance" you speak of and believe was stolen?
2. Why do you feel you're entitled to someone else's money, regardless of how they obtained it? If they obtained their riches through hard work or even inherited it from their family, do you deserve that money too? I concede that many of the wealthy are sketchy - but where do you draw the line?
3. Perhaps this is a tough concept for folks like I'm talking about to understand, but if you "strip the 1%", you create a new 1%. There will always be a 1% - someone will always have more. Those with less will always envy them and be bitter.

Bonus question: What is the purpose of your thread anyways? With all due respect, I wonder if you're bitter or jealous, or perhaps one of those people who refuse to work to earn an honest days pay (you know they're out there). I know that's a silly question that anyone would deny, but I have to wonder...What do you hope to accomplish? You think someone will suddenly cut you a cheque for a cool million and you'll be on your way?

My problem is not having enough money to compete with them. I can't lobby any Government. I would ask for monopoly laws to be introduced world wide. You made your billion, get out of the way and let someone else have a shot. I'm also a little worried about 400 people dictating what the rest do by using money to buy people with. I don't call that jealous or bitter. I call that a looking out for societies best interest.

Here's how it's going to go down. They either give up the greed or die by the greed. Oppress 7+ billion people and see if they don't eat your children. Your move. We're not having an Oligarchy. Numbers wins, money is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

originally posted by: rickymouse
All the money in the world won't come close to paying off the debt of the big countries of the world and their citizens.

The national debts are a fiction. The Fed a cabal of Rothchild banks, creates money out of thin air, supplies it to the U.S. government at interest which is thereby the national debt. So how can you be charged interest on nothing? It is one of the many Larceny by frauds that are perpetrated upon the 99%. Throw off these parasites before they kill us all and destroy the planet! "Behind every great wealth lies a great crime"- Honore De Balzac

I have my money invested in tangible commodities. I have a bushel of potatoes in the basement, half a cow in the freezer, and a bunch of supplies to last months if need be. The best thing is that our food pantry saves us twice as much as the money we would make in the stock market because we buy things on sale all the time. The slips show that we safe between thirty and fifty percent when we shop. Why worry about investing to make money when investing can save you more than you would make.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Everyone should throw 20% of all they own into fund , then share the total out with everyone . I bet 80% would be better off .

And the other 20% would be multi millionaires still .
edit on 19-1-2015 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Everyone should throw 20% of all they own into fund , then share the total out with everyone . I bet 80% would be better off .

Imagine if Everyone actually did that. 100% of people. 99.9% would be better off and the .1% would still be wealthy beyond what they could spend. Which speaks volumes of why things are they way they are now.

Greed is a power addiction.
edit on 19-1-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

So you're telling me if you were a multimillionaire you'd pay all your taxes, etc, and then give 20% to "the fund"? It's one thing to be one of us - the so called (I hate this term) 99% - and look up and say they should give their money out. What about those people who earned their money legit? They should be forced to give up more to us? If I worked my ass off and became a millionaire (fingers crossed) I'm not so sure I'm wanting to give away 20% of it to everybody else.

Also...how often do we contribute this 20%? Every year? Monthly? Do I deduct 20% of my imaginary bigshot paycheck every month for all of time?

This may sound selfish, but if I ever become rich, keep your hands off my money. I earned it. If you don't like HOW I earned it or what I do with it that isn't MY problem. If I choose to be greedy, so be it. That's my right. If I want to give a bunch away, that's my choice. Not yours. It isn't up to you and I or anyone else to tell the "1%" of the world that they have to give their money to us. That, my friend, is greed and selfishness - just as bad as what people accuse the rich of being.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Truth be knownst the richest had a head start......they pulled off mega crimes like the Chinese opium wars and far worse...
Do you think the Queen of England, or Holland got their vast wealth honestly?Honourably?
Not a chance....
Take Canada for instance...the wealthy are inheritors of royal grants or ex bootleggers for petes sake....
Countless names and companies got rich by stealing, bribing and even murder.....the money system is your slave master......
If you cannot wrap your head around it you must endeavour to educate yourself as to what really went down in history.....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last
fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money. ~ Native Cree Proverb

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Here's a good film to watch that will give you a clearer view of how our monetary system works. I'm not sure how some of you view these films but personally I found it very fascinating as before it I didn't know too much about this topic.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I draw the line at:

Have they evaded taxes?

Have they broke the law?

If so confiscate there ill gotten wealth.

If not? Leave them alone.

Very few people in the top 80 didn't get in that position by working hard or being smarter than the average person. We aren't talking about the guy that works 70 hours at his own little business to make $100,000. We aren't even talking about the run of the mill millionaire real estate.

People get that wealthy by learning to control the system. They can control which laws are written by promising elected officials jobs or contracts.

They DON'T ADD value. We don't live in a perfect open market. If we did, then there shouldn't be such an imbalance - the free market balances things. They learned how to rig the system so it's not labeled as market manipulation.

And no, we don't need to tear down the entire system. If political corruption was appropriately investigated and prosecuted (including anti-trust laws), there wouldn't be this imbalance.

Yes, they should be tax to take away most of their wealth but still leave them with more than they could spend.

edit on January 19th 2015 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wish I had a daughter as smart as you kiddo.......

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Life is a virtual reality game for us "souls". All that money, yea you can't take it with you. And the OP should take solace in the one absolute truth: One day everyone will die. All the power and wealth in the world will not allow you to escape death.

One member nailed it by basically stating that the current system we live in is just make believe. Pretend. Money is created out of thin air, from imagination. We all know this, and yet allow ourselves to be enslaved to this system. And the system itself is so devious, and manipulative that it is virtually impossible to escape from it. Humans have been divided and conquered to such an extent that it has caused us to only be able to survive by living inside the current system. Could humanity unite in celebration and allow for us all to be able to live, have a roof over our heads, eat healthy, and not just survive, but truly live? Yes. But we don't. And there are those that are currently actively participating in keeping the status quo "as is".

But it is wrong. It is all just....wrong. All one needs to do is search within themselves to know that the current make-believe monetary systems of the world are just the completely wrong way to do it.

But it will take a massive event/revolution for the entire world to break free from their monetary slavery. And many are so deeply rooted in the system that they cannot see that everything they do is dictated by those few who have set themselves up to enslave humanity, whether they realize it or not. Nor do many WANT to break free from the current system because they have been brainwashed their entire lives (or are just too entrenched in their greed and selfishness) and simply cannot think outside the box.

But realize then that this life is short, and death awaits us all...so if you are struggling, or just hate this world and the current system of slavery that has been set up, well it won't last forever.

a reply to: stirling

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join