It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Embed Reporter: ISIS Plans On Killing ‘HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS’ In ‘Religious Cleansing’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: IAMTAT

No. Killing one person or even a few people doesn't create a threat to the national security of a country.

Okay. Give me a number then.
HOW MANY foreign nationals does ISIS have to kill before you would call them a threat? 50?...100?...1000?...?

Any foreign national that goes into a country in upheaval or war is taking their own risk for whatever the reason, mercenary, journalistic, humanitarian, and really shouldn't expect to be either bailed out or avenged. If that sounds cold, that's the breaks. I have a heart but there are limits.

Most of what idiots like ISIS, murderous trolls who've escaped into the real world, do is for the attention and publicity. and thrive on that and we just keep giving it to them.

The people of the ME need to stand up or shut up. Where are their leaders? Let them fix it...without us.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: Siddharta

from Siddharta's information

Without our wars, there would be no terrorism today.

Oh ... that is so NOT true!
Wow .. talk about turning a blind eye to history.
Wars over there may be making things worse.
But the terrorism would be there with or without them.

There will always be terrorism, true. But what we do with it, how we react is what's feeding this crap.

I don't believe in intervention because we can never seem to do it at the right time for the right reasons. And honestly, if I had to lay blame, I'd blame the people who took this war global and perpetuate this war on terror too for their own selfish reasons. Their greed.

I suggest that since we insist on living in a world divided by country, we all just take a timeout, tighten our borders and immigration policies for a while, and stay at home and fix what's wrong with ourselves first and not go running around the world inciting people and then providing the solution to fix them militarily.

On a humanitarian level, that's up to the individuals and comes with its own risk, but that's just the way it always has been. As horrific as problems around the world might be, we can't fix them all and we usually make things worse not better.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

No. Killing one person or even a few people doesn't create a threat to the national security of a country.

HOW MANY foreign nationals does ISIS have to kill before you would call them a threat? 50?...100?...1000?...?

Trust me, they still wont call them a threat.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The ISIS terrorists that we kill are someone's brother, someone's father, someone's son, etc. While we may view them as detestable, those people view them as family. We kill them, then we've just radicalized someone else (maybe more).

Thank you for explaining your position so adroitly...

But, can't we agree that someone's brother, father, son, etc., threatening to mercilessly execute genocide against 'Hundreds Of Millions' of innocent men, women and children...is "detestable"? Are we wrong for wanting to kill them BEFORE they execute their genocide?

If a serial killer sends a note to the press saying he plans on raping and murdering 10 women and children in the next week...shouldn't we try to catch or kill him before he does what he plans?
edit on 19-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Trust me, they still wont call them a threat.

What say you to the billions in the world who view "us" as a threat? They're wrong and we're right and that's that?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I did agree to that when I said this, "While we may view them as detestable..." I certainly don't condone their actions, but what has all the war and bloodshed accomplished? The ME is more screwed up than ever before, and we STILL have people who think that violence will fix this problem.

What if we just tried ignoring them? The media stops reporting on them. We stop giving into the fear and stop giving them a platform to express their hate. My bet is that they will just go away. See the biggest problem is that, the violence is what they WANT. They WANT us to come after them and kill them. That justifies their actions and lets them know that what they are doing is working. The whole point of terrorism is to create fear. The biggest indicator that an entity is behaving based on fear is when they lash out violently and irrationally like the 1st world has been doing for the last 13-14 years.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The people of the ME need to stand up or shut up. Where are their leaders? Let them fix it...without us.

unfortunately the west has spent a long time interfering in the politics of the region for political and economic gain

once you've interfered it's very difficult to un-interfere - if you look at the type of regimes the west has supported over past half century it's no surprise to me that the region is in the state it's in - most politically moderate movements have been persecuted out of existence by totalitarian regimes supported by the west

to a large extent it's chickens coming home to roost imo

but most of the mess is abroad so we could ignore it and hope it goes away

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

I'd say it would be pretty easy to un-interfere if not for the very powerful people who benefit and convince us that it's difficult. When the hell are we going to call them out on their practices and crimes, which on almost every scale imaginable equal or even supersede those "iSIS" is perpetuating.

Would there be repercussions? Sure. Some that we can even predict but all that we can live through if we take the proper steps.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

We need ROE to make sure we don't have guys over that just killing anything that moves.

I am sure you are gonna tell me troops won't do that but we both know it's not true.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Perfectly said.
We already did the war song and dance with AQ and it did nothing but get a bunch of innocent people killed and AQ is still running around

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

What leaders, Iraq? Destabilised. Afghanistan? Destabilised. Syria? Destabilised , still ongoing TBC. Israel? When the # have they ever stepped in to help the West? Saudi? Too busy lopping folks heads off and arguing the toss over whether woman should drive cars.Yemen? Destabilised,living in drone chaos. Kuwait? Happy with their resources and clinging onto their dodgy world cup soccer event. Just who in the ME is able to coherently hold this together?
There's a huge schism out there and it's the Wests interference and pillaging that's created all this #storm.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Fermy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

Their lack of leadership is not our problem. And our proclamation and judgement on the same matter is what compelled us to get involved. Utter crap. Without further interference maybe they can step to it and figure it out. This proxy crap needs to end,

And that goes to my point to. We created it...we need to get out and STOP. Our continued intervention, as in us attempting to fix it, other than being a bag of BS excuse, is useless and pointless.
edit on 1/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Finding them isn't the problem. As I stated above. NO ROE.

So in other words, you just want to kill everyone and not be bothered to have any responsibility, or accountability, or morality for that matter? Conservatism at its finest.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The fundamental problem is this: How can one fight a physical war against an idea? The bottom line with all of the problems going on in the middle east, ISIS, the various terrorist groups, the east/west issue, and conflicts, is that the west is trying to fight a war with physical means and their opponents are fighting with an idea. And therein lies the problem.

People are willing to fight for ideas, and ISIS has shown, that to win this conflict, it has to be to the death, not to the surrender, not to give up, but be willing to die for the idea that they are right and everyone else is wrong. The west does not want to fight like that and the ideas that are espoused, along with human greed is calling to those who feel disenfranchised by the policies of the west.

From the get go, this was a civil war, and the solution, should have been to isolate the country, to prevent the inflow of supplies into it from the outside. To allow people out, but not in, and to ultimately block the flow of weapons and supplies in. It would have run its course and ultimately had ended long ago. But the political ambitions of different countries with interest in the area, have made that situation worse. Russia with military interest in that region, would not back off, and the USA, is not wanting to back off, and here again simple human greed to make a quick buck has cause more misery and suffering than what it should have been. If the major powers and their allies had blockaded and isolated this country, to prevent the flow of supplies in, then this would have ended years ago, with far less suffering than it has now. The only question is, can it be stopped before it expands any further, it is ceases to be ISIS causing problems to ISIL that is causing problems?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I go back to my earlier point:

If a serial killer sends a note to the press saying he plans on raping and murdering 10 women and children in the next week...shouldn't we try to catch or kill him before he does what he plans?

So, let me extrapolate:
It seems to me, that if ISIS plans on killing "Hundreds of Millions" of innocent men, women and children in poverty-ridden, third-world countries...and other countries simply say: "It's not my fight"..."It's nobody I know"..."They're not in MY backyard"...they're only killing poor people, with flies in their noses, who live in huts"...

...and WE just ignore it ALL...and do nothing to stop it...

...then the end result seems to be a foregone conclusion:
Hundreds of Millions of innocent and poor, men, women and children...will ultimately and mercilessly be raped and murdered, crucified, beheaded, tortured, and massacred.

Can you live with that outcome...comforted by the knowledge that you chose not to get involved in trying to stop those engaging in the genocide? ...knowing full-well, they told you their plans in advance?
edit on 19-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is what happens when muslims run amok in the middle east with no brutal dictatorships to keep them in line. Saddam would've kept them under control.
Enter the next US Republican president and it might be invasion of Iraq part 3.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Useless and pointless, hmm, I'm not convinced that we go storm into countries, make a complete mess of the entire infrastructure and witnessing the loss of life on a grand scale and then scuttling off is the right way either. Perhaps if Saddam was still about he'd brook no trouble from a bunch of murderous hooligans.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

So we just stay and make it worse? Throw more money at it (make more money) and hope this time it fixes them? Pass.

Everyone would be better off if we just got out of there and let them fix themselves. If they want to.
edit on 1/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

(post by FalcoFan removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join