It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Supreme Court to Take on Gay Marriage

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just a good place to put this.

BREAKING: Guam's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Struck Down by Federal Court
Same-sex couples in the U.S. territory can begin marrying as early as Monday.

www.advocate.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yay! thanks for sharing.. the world is getting it, that personal beliefs are personal beliefs but we can't rule with Bigotry or Hate

i'm hoping the US is close.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Didn't know where else to go with my joy

:-)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The 14th amendment is celebrated today and equality takes a huge step! I'm so happy!

Lots of people are gonna be #tin' themselves, though. Prepare for the "backlash"

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Prepare for the "backlash"

Man has been warned more times than can be counted. Prepare indeed.

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
same sex 'marriage' is decreed the law-of-the-land (100% reciprocity in all 50 States and territories...)
under the 14th Amendment -equal protection~ of article 1

well Sharia Law will butt-heads with that rule-of-law in the Muslim communities, for instance in some Metro areas in Michigan

let's see the Feds/FBI deal with that.... what? send in the militarized police forces to stop the tossing of gays from high-rise rooftops

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hard to believe Roberts Dissented... Some of his statement can be found here:
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.supremecourt.gov...
That is the opinion of the court, including the dissenting Justices. It should be an interesting read and one that I think that all should read.

Make no mistake there will be fall out on this case, and this case will reflect on other cases from around the country. We can only hope that the angles of our better nature will prevail and things will die down and remain calm.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

WOW!

Was holding my breath on this one.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Me, too, Annee! I didn't see how they would be able to go another way, but it wouldn't have been surprised if they had. Thanks to Kennedy! LOL!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

God is a created myth.

People, and their committed love for each other is real.

Get over it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Me, too, Annee! I didn't see how they would be able to go another way, but it wouldn't have been surprised if they had. Thanks to Kennedy! LOL!

For sure. I expected a "but".

This makes it so much easier.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
One step closer, now we must stand together and unify love for the other important steps

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join