It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven" says he lied.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven
I feel it could benefit society a lot to actually hear Alex's story. He attempted to do the right thing later on, even though he did not have to. Sure he lied in the first place, but then he reformed. He pointed to himself and how people profit from lies all the time, in the past and still now.
His message is a good one.
It helps wake people up to manipulative strategies, compassion, and more.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TreesofLight
His action is a symptom of a larger issue.
I.E. If we peer into India with the guru embellishments.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Boy who came back from Heaven never lied.A different kid claimed He lied.Journalism getting worse and worse and worse.

www.christianpost.com...

Colton Burpo says He is telling the truth.It is a different kid saying..It is Malarkey who said He lied.Journalism cannot get things straight anymore whatsoever at all.
edit on 18-1-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

isnt that what the movie "heaven is for real" was based on?

these people keep shooting themselves in the feet.

"I did not die. I did not go to Heaven," Alex wrote. He continued, "I said I went to heaven because I thought it would get me attention. When I made the claims that I did, I had never read the Bible. People have profited from lies, and continue to. They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth. Anything written by man cannot be infallible."

He concluded, "Those who market these materials must be called to repent and hold the Bible as enough."

yep. we will surely take your sage advice into consideration...after fact checking, of course. thanks for reminding us of why we do that.

Different book, different kid. Same heaven is only for good Christians message though.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Colton Burpo is indeed a different kid - his book is titled "Heaven is for Real" and has been made into a movie.
Alex Malarkey's book is titled "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven" and is the one who now claims to have made it up.

The title of the thread is based on the book title.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

Or regular bookstores (not Christian bookstores) could just.....move the book into the fiction section.

Solved.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Segenam

originally posted by: violet

I don't buy into this Afterlife stuff. It's sad for those who did and do though.

Why ? ... I do believe very much in afterlife .. why is this sad ? .. it don't feel sad in any way to me .. Am happy about it ..

Unless you meant, its sad for the ones who believed the boy .. Hoping thats what you meant .. but its not what you wrote.

Enjoy ...

Yes I meant in believing these stories that prove to false.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: violet

while anyone with a brain could have told you that this story is a fake, why is belief in an afterlife sad? there being nothing would be even more sad. Why is a heaven so difficult to believe? Since the world is like a hell it goes to reason there would be a perfect place somewhere. Yin and Yang. Energy cannot be destroyed. Etc. Etc. Idk just saying that while organized religion might be annoying, belief in something is anything but.

a reply to: Tangerine

There is much evidence, historically, that a man named Jesus of Nazareth lived. Actually, there's more record of Jesus being alive than Mark Twain being alive.

You're right though that people don't come back from the dead.

Oh, and the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was the worst and most-pointless book I've ever read. And Twain sucks at writing
He's too cynical to be of any real literary merit in my books.

As I just explained in my last reply, I meant it's sad people believe stories that are faked, no matter what the subject is about.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Those people obviously were not dead. Their body functions were way down from the cold water. In cases like this there is a reason that they say youre not dead until you're warm and dead. They warm up most drowning victims before they call them dead.
There have been many cases of pulling people out of frigid water and after warming the bodies other functions return like a normal heart rate. . reply to: deadeyedick

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

When I read this over the weekend, I laughed so hard and for so long I thought I would break something!

So this kid decided to man up and tell the truth. Good on him.

The sad thing is this is just one of many. Most of these clearly fabricated or deluded accounts by other 'Heaven Frequent Flyers' will never own up, and the gullible religious people are only too happy to keep on believing in them.

Maybe, just maybe this might wake some people up and encourage them to start thinking a bit more critically. Well I can hope.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Tangerine
Why did you add in the word "irreversible" to the definition of death? Of course there is no one returning from permanent death. The point is that they died, the body was brought back to life and were therefore able to share their experiences in the body to others.

If I go on vacation was that not real if I return?

Death is when the body shuts down and doesn't function, changing on state of being to anothet (death to life) does not mean it didn't happen just because the process was reversed.

Does sleeping not exist just because you "reversed" back to awake?

Throwing in "irreversible" seemed very strange to me.

No, they did not die. You just think they did. Some research would show you the difference between clinically dead (which simply refers to certain machine readings) and actually dead. Doctors know the difference. Perhaps you should talk to some of them about this.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

So I guess since there have been thousands of fake ufo pictures and fraud videos of them aliens don't exist and everyone who saw a ufo lied as well? Just saying thats the logic you are following. There possibly can't be a big foot at all either cause people have been caught in lies about that as well. So one person lies about a story that makes all of them liars.. Some chick got caught lying about being raped well i guess all women who claimed rape lied. Hmm good logic ;/ (dont go to church not a christian) Just pointing out the idiocy in that line of thinking.
edit on 19-1-2015 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2015 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

So I guess since there have been thousands of fake ufo pictures and fraud videos of them aliens don't exist and everyone who saw a ufo lied as well? Just saying thats the logic you are following. There possibly can't be a big foot at all either cause people have been caught in lies about that as well. So one person lies about a story that makes all of them liars.. Some chick got caught lying about being raped well i guess all women who claimed rape lied. Hmm good logic ;/ (dont go to church not a christian) Just pointing out the idiocy in that line of thinking.

The kid admitted to having lied. No, one person lying does not prove that everyone lies. However, if you're referring to the existence of heaven, there's simply no testable evidence proving that it does exist and the onus is on the one making the positive claim to prove it. Claims are not evidence so it really doesn't matter how many people claim heaven exists.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
He lied but the dad is the biggest culprit,he helped him wrote the book the mom was against it she knew it was bull,but didn't go against dad and son in public.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

It's called skepticism and not being a gullible idiot.

It goes like this - until something can be demonstrated to exist, there is no good reason to believe in it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The kids description contradicted the bible on enough points to raise my suspicions but i refrained from disputing it in case it was my ego talking and because he got quite a few details right as well.

The bible never says the devil is disfigured in any way. it says when he was made it was the full pattern and then god broke the mold. he was beautiful beyond compare. the wisest of Gods creation. The strongest of the angels at least of the order of cherubim. perfect in everything until iniquity was found within him. when he is thrown to earth at the sixth trump he will be able to convince people he is Christ. hard to do that if you are ugly or malformed. (or wearing a set of red long handled underwear, sporting horns and hooves and wielding a pitchfork and murdering people)

He did get some things right that are pretty obscure to the point the average christian does not know them; like what angels and men and women look like in spiritual bodies. they are all androgynous appearing to be men appearing to be about 25 to 30 years old. There is no real gender in heaven. there is no sex because there is no need for immortal beings to reproduce. Jesus says none give or are given in marriage in heaven. all angelic visitations in the bible describe angels as being as described above.

if i recall correctly he patterned his description of the after life on Jesus's description from the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. but could not help some mention of flames. (i may be mis-remembering it. i saw his interview (pre-confession) only once a long time ago.) According to the bible itself Hell does not exist yet. the lake of fire will not exist until after Christ's 1000 year "day" is over. There is absolutely no one roasting in hell at the moment.
edit on 19-1-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I replied with a long comment to that whole article, because I was completely BLOWN UP by his reasoning.
It has to be approved, and most likely it will not, because Even when I used to be a devoted Christian, I see that Christianity has absolutely no COMMON SENSE! AT ALL! So I just vented on that article and most likely no one will ever see it posted lol

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Floydshayvious

I love that reaction

edit on 1192015 by AzuriteStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Is it bad that I want to read the book now just to see how convincing it actually is?
I mean, millions of people believed him. It had to be convincing, right?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic
Is it bad that I want to read the book now just to see how convincing it actually is?
I mean, millions of people believed him. It had to be convincing, right?

well ask any christian and they are likely to tell you that Eve ate an apple in the garden of Eden or that angels have wings or the devil runs around in red skivvies or that bad people are burning in hell unconsumed right now. all things that are not actually in the scriptures. sooooo it would be rather easy to mislead them on theology even though one would hope they are familiar with the scriptural textual basis for thier own religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join