It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven" says he lied.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

The Bible is fiction and myth.
Period.

Fiction and myth.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Greven

To me this ties in directly with my views about the spiritual make up of humans. I have stated in other threads that we have different spirits that all attach to us at different agas and this seems to fall in line with that. Is this not the classic case of growing up and forgetting what it was like when we were younger. My theory is that when we are 4or5 we are joined and when we are 12 or 13 we are joined again. It makes sense to me anyhow that over time the whole thing could become cloudy. It is the battle that we all have inside of us.

eta
While i believe in the joining of spirits as i outline here i have realized i had this obe mixed up with another when i posted this. I think in this case this person did lie just as he stated. My bad i thought this was a different case where the person was not full of it.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: rupertg
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”
― Mark Twain

OK,but did mr twain speak to jesus himself? Jesus didnt demand anything from anyone except faith. one of the marks of a con man is to make a profit is it not?

No one spoke to Jesus, himself. There's no historical evidence that he ever lived. He's a mythological character in a storybook.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Perhaps the boy was not lying about his experiences - but rather that he came to believe they weren't experiences of him going to Heaven (since he didn't die). Thus, implying that the book is misleading.

There's surely some complaint by the mother that the boy isn't getting his share of funds from the book, but the story is a little more complicated if you read the link Veghead provided to the mother's blog.

How could he not have been lying? There's no evidence that Heaven even exists and, most importantly, he didn't die. No one has ever come back from the dead.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
The afterlife is real, alright, but do NOT look for the truth about the Afterlife in books which get hyped on Oprah and have a blue cover with clouds.

I don't believe anything Eben Alexander wrote and I sure don't believe one word in "The Afterlife of Billy Fingers".

There are (some) good books, start with "Dying to be me" by Anita Moorjani and especially the great books my M. Newton, the Journey of Souls series.

Again..just look at the covers of many of those books and how they already look like fakes....

The afterlife is real? Really? On what do you base that definitive statement, if I may ask?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rbkruspe

I have had my own experiences with the afterlife that are very complex and hard to define.

You died and came back from the dead? Do tell.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

lol I have spoke to Jesus and many people have come back from the dead. There are many stories of the coast guard pulling bodies out of the water that had been dead floating for hours in frigid waters. Then after laying on deck for an hour they suddenly come back to life with no help from any person. There are many stories of people coming back from the dead in hospitols.

eta i am 10' away from someone alive now but has been declared dead by doctors...
edit on 17-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
How could he not have been lying? There's no evidence that Heaven even exists and, most importantly, he didn't die. No one has ever come back from the dead.

His mother had a suggestion on this - she's not been a part of pushing the book for a long, long time. Her thought is that he might have had unusual experiences while in a coma - that these experiences might have happened, but that they were more like hallucinations.

So, experiences were perhaps real to him, but not real in the sense that he went to Heaven or anywhere else beyond the confines of his mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

lol I have spoke to Jesus and many people have come back from the dead. There are many stories of the coast guard pulling bodies out of the water that had been dead floating for hours in frigid waters. Then after laying on deck for an hour they suddenly come back to life with no help from any person. There are many stories of people coming back from the dead in hospitols.

eta i am 10' away from someone alive now but has been declared dead by doctors...

Thinking someone is dead and them actually being dead is not the same thing. There are no medically documented cases of people having come back from the dead. Period. Yes, and I've spoken to Frodo.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Tangerine

His mother had a suggestion on this - she's not been a part of pushing the book for a long, long time. Her thought is that he might have had unusual experiences while in a coma - that these experiences might have happened, but that they were more like hallucinations.

So, experiences were perhaps real to him, but not real in the sense that he went to Heaven or anywhere else beyond the confines of his mind.

Yes, that's possible. Even more likely is the possibility that his father is a con artist.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I know this will be ruff for many of you.
But, I don't think anyone here even gets it. The whole
G-D story is a fiction. With fictional characters with
fictional names like Malarkey. To prove only that the
clueless don't even get a clue, as to what is really going on.
Clueless even with the most blatent of clues. Clues to what?
Anyone wish to speculate?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Makes me sad as a close friend bought it... He actually based his life on its... Thank you Ed if you see this. You really helped us.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: s3cz0ne

Makes me sad as a close friend bought it... He actually based his life on its... Thank you Ed if you see this. You really helped us.

Why would your friend have based his life on a kid's story about death?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Actually, it's not ironic at all because it's the very definition of malarkey.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Maybe aliens erased his brain and implanted a new thought

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
Lol. This was also my first thought. I mean, has there ever been a more appropriate surname?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

while anyone with a brain could have told you that this story is a fake, why is belief in an afterlife sad? there being nothing would be even more sad. Why is a heaven so difficult to believe? Since the world is like a hell it goes to reason there would be a perfect place somewhere. Yin and Yang. Energy cannot be destroyed. Etc. Etc. Idk just saying that while organized religion might be annoying, belief in something is anything but.

There is much evidence, historically, that a man named Jesus of Nazareth lived. Actually, there's more record of Jesus being alive than Mark Twain being alive.

You're right though that people don't come back from the dead.

Oh, and the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was the worst and most-pointless book I've ever read. And Twain sucks at writing
He's too cynical to be of any real literary merit in my books.
edit on 18-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
double

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
From the comments section...

"Anything written by man cannot be infallible."
" They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth."

Does. Not. Compute. Head. Exploding.

Pretty much sums it up...

Edit: Argh... Its not quoting right... Its missing: "Anything written by man cannot be infallible."
" They should read the Bible, which is enough. The Bible is the only source of truth."

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.... And to all the "Malarkey" comments... I envy you all for being first, I won't add another because it is probably in poor taste/way too repetitive at this point.
edit on 18-1-2015 by s3cz0ne because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2015 by s3cz0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

There is much evidence, historically, that a man named Jesus of Nazareth lived. Actually, there's more record of Jesus being alive than Mark Twain being alive.

You're right though that people don't come back from the dead.

Oh, and the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn was the worst and most-pointless book I've ever read. And Twain sucks at writing
He's too cynical to be of any real literary merit in my books.

Apparently, you're unaware that historians rely on contemporaneous documentation to prove that someone actually lived. That means documentation produced at the time the person in question lived by someone who lived when the person in question lived and who witnessed that person living. I'd ask you to cite such contemporaneous documentation proving that Jesus actually lived (and you're welcome to attempt to do so) but I can save you the effort by telling you that not a word was written about Jesus by anyone who lived when he allegedly lived who claimed to have witnessed him living. In fact, nothing was written about him until two generations after he allegedly lived. I look forward to your response.

Mark Twain was the pen name of writer Samuel Clemons. Clemons was witnessed living by many people who wrote about him, including newspaper reporters. He was employed by newspapers, too. He was photographed. There is abundant contemporaneous documentation proving that Samuel Clemons (aka Mark Twain lived).

As for heaven, there's not an iota of testable evidence proving that it exists.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join