It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven" says he lied.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

the bible is quite clear that non have ascended except He who has descended first and that is Jesus.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

so any story of going to heaven is untrue it kind of make a fool out of God in the sence that He is unshure of what He is doing.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.”
― Mark Twain

OK,but did mr twain speak to jesus himself? Jesus didnt demand anything from anyone except faith. one of the marks of a con man is to make a profit is it not?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I had a good chuckle at this story.

I wish I was a jolly fat man so the laugh made my belly wobble resplendently.
edit on 16-1-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
It's an interesting thing - did he lie originally?

Or did the rift between his father and his family provoke this claim?

Wow, I like how you think the rational explanation is that he did go to heaven and see angels and that the 'conspiracy' is that it's not true.

some people are baffling!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's this kind of thing that makes me want to hoist the BS flag. Trusting Christians just got a lot harder.

It took this for you to not trust them? Was it the straw that broke the camel's back or your first encounter with deception?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000
Wow, I like how you think the rational explanation is that he did go to heaven and see angels and that the 'conspiracy' is that it's not true.

some people are baffling!

I don't think any such thing. However, there are a lot of strange things that have happened in this world. It is a potential, if unlikely, explanation.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The afterlife is real, alright, but do NOT look for the truth about the Afterlife in books which get hyped on Oprah and have a blue cover with clouds.

I don't believe anything Eben Alexander wrote and I sure don't believe one word in "The Afterlife of Billy Fingers".

There are (some) good books, start with "Dying to be me" by Anita Moorjani and especially the great books my M. Newton, the Journey of Souls series.

Again..just look at the covers of many of those books and how they already look like fakes....

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eladria
a reply to: Lolliek

You can assure your stepmom that the afterlife is very real.

The way you can discern the false accounts is when they just so happen to perfectly align with the agenda or dogma of one particular religion or denomination. And no I am not referring to those who meet religious figures such as Jesus or Mohammed. I am referring to those who meet Jesus or Mohamed and get told that if they don't join such and such church or follow the rules in a certain book, they will burn for eternity, or some variation of that. In those cases, you can be sure there is a hidden agenda behind the story.

God has no religion. God's Love is universal.

Even that which you are talking about has all come from organized sources with an agenda, you actually know ZILCH about what is going to happen next, and chances are quite high that the term "UNIVERSAL" will make no sense at all.

No matter where you look, something is trying to tell the ones that have escaped religion or try to take it higher that "ALL IS LOVE" despite INCREDIBLE EVIDENCE to the contrary, and that GOD, is not even a part of the equation, here.

You really have no idea what you were made for, or what this or any other place is, but thanks for being a part of a religion that successfully hides itself from its own followers, but enough of us see it, and won't let it pass through.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

What about looking to those who did audience readings on Montel Williams? Surely THOSE people have believable material in their books, right?

I generally can not read things about the afterlife where they go on about God and stuff and show obvious bias toward Christianity or any other religion, though a lot of times it is Christianity. It is a shame how much bull is out there to make people money. Usually it feels so propagandized and fake and yes, the covers can give it away. Also, if the name Kirk Cameron is anywhere on it, you KNOW to stay away!

I have seen a blog online somewhere that is interesting written by a lady whose son committed suicide and when I read it, part of me felt that she may just be dealing with her grief by writing a book/blog.. The son is supposedly very happy to be dead and communicates with her... I would look it up but I am feeling rather lazy. But I remember reading the people in the comments and it was like this womans son had developed a little "fanclub" and this just felt kind of odd to see. They talked about crushes and I just had to stop reading.. felt like a sideshow.

However..

I have had my own experiences with the afterlife that are very complex and hard to define. I came across that blog while searching about things related to my own experiences. I have written about them though just for my own account. Not for anyone else or to prove a point. I simply find it hard trying to research and learn what is what when it finds one in a sea of uncertainty with the amount of propaganda and biased stuff. There is just some stuff that can not be explained with words on paper, they have to be experienced. Sounds cheesy but it is very true.

If this kid was used for money, shame on the parents who encouraged it.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer
a reply to: Greven

the bible is quite clear that non have ascended except He who has descended first and that is Jesus.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

so any story of going to heaven is untrue it kind of make a fool out of God in the sence that He is unshure of what He is doing.

It is incredible how people do not see the logical blockades they get slammed into by all the variations in storytelling, all of the impossibilities in the combinations.

It makes me think they really do not have the mental abilities to see and think things through themselves, which is precisely why their soul is tricked into looking for ANY ANSWERS, find one close enough that appears to quell the fears and they feel good.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I am one of those people that don't believe in God.

I knew this story was BS from the start, but it got me thinking also.

If a God/Jesus existed...would they not come to you in a form you are more likely to accept?
edit on 17-1-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

So, true. There are interesting NDEs about people dying and coming back alive with their sicknesses being healed with medical records to show, but if it doesn't fit with the beliefs they already have they just ignore.

Good thing the NDEs with SOME medical credibility are not just about hellfire .

Peace to all

and don't be so paranoid watching negative NDEs with dark spirits . See a positive one which includes PHYSICAL miracles as evidence like Anita Moorjani being healed of cancer even when the doctors said it wouldn't happen.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
The afterlife is real, alright, but do NOT look for the truth about the Afterlife in books which get hyped on Oprah and have a blue cover with clouds.

I don't believe anything Eben Alexander wrote and I sure don't believe one word in "The Afterlife of Billy Fingers".

There are (some) good books, start with "Dying to be me" by Anita Moorjani and especially the great books my M. Newton, the Journey of Souls series.

Again..just look at the covers of many of those books and how they already look like fakes....

So you're saying to judge a book by it's cover. OK

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

So, true. There are interesting NDEs about people dying and coming back alive with their sicknesses being healed with medical records to show, but if it doesn't fit with the beliefs they already have they just ignore.

Good thing the NDEs with SOME medical credibility are not just about hellfire .

Peace to all

and don't be so paranoid watching negative NDEs with dark spirits . See a positive one which includes PHYSICAL miracles as evidence like Anita Moorjani being healed of cancer even when the doctors said it wouldn't happen.

There are no medically documented cases of people actually dying and coming back to life. You are confusing clinically dead with actually dead.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Your definition of dead is?

Lazarus syndrome

Remember I don't believe in an afterlife..

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Your definition of dead is?

Lazarus syndrome

Remember I don't believe in an afterlife..

My definition of dead is the irreversible cessation of biological function.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

See, I agree. BUT

What determines that? In your eyes and mine.

I say once your heart starts beating...for ten minutes your dead, your brains dies too.

The stories above prove wrong. Is it the science, a doctors incompetency, or should we adjust what decides death?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
sorry double post

edit on 17-1-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Why did you add in the word "irreversible" to the definition of death? Of course there is no one returning from permanent death. The point is that they died, the body was brought back to life and were therefore able to share their experiences in the body to others.

If I go on vacation was that not real if I return?

Death is when the body shuts down and doesn't function, changing on state of being to anothet (death to life) does not mean it didn't happen just because the process was reversed.

Does sleeping not exist just because you "reversed" back to awake?

Throwing in "irreversible" seemed very strange to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Floydshayvious

People make money selling God??????

Um, yeah.

You're just now knowing this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join