It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RISE OH YE NATIONS! Repent!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Again why is he a bad guy?

If we all go crawl into our neighbors window and pilliage through their belongings and then call the neighbors bad guy because we get kicked out or worse?

This could all be cleared up if we could provide a copy of our invitation.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

yeah the confessional is not bad on its face. it contains useful ingredients, presumably, such as a fellow believer (the priest) and someone to confess to, and be prayed for. the point is not that it isn't useful, but that it isn't required that the person be an ordained priest of a specific version of christianity.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

If we all go crawl into our neighbors window and pilliage through their belongings and then call the neighbors bad guy because we get kicked out or worse?

because he took the creation of the creator, convinced them they were bad, and set them under a law that paul would later refer to as the law of sin and death. so then the creator pays them a visit and they are all farked up in the head. he's like "who told you you were naked?" (it wasn't bad to be naked and suddenly it was bad to be naked, and the creator is not the one who told them that. so who did? logic puzzle, process of elimination)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I never said ordained priest.. I am using ATS because I have brothers and sisters here..

That man is saying tell no one.

The same peace can be achieved in privacy

Which is very unbiblical.
edit on 14-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

well it's true. you can pray privately and confess privately, it's just more edifying to do so with others. edification is not a requirement, it's just useful. sorta like, the mud was not a requirement to heal the blind man's eyes but it was useful for that particular man because of his faith in the healing properties of the mud.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Its not about what evil has been committed in whose name..

what matters is who is God?

God came to me and gave me that answer, and I am clear in that answer. I know now who God is.. I am HIS follower.. I am HIS anything HE wants me to be. HE called me HIS people, and offered me forgiveness when i deserved it least.

I will give anything for more of HIM.. for more of this...

I don't expect many to understand, but I will follow HIM just as HE wishes for me to. I know its not for everyone... but it IS for me and many others. Its good, and not evil.

Yet, I am still just me. Still just a person who is doing their best with what was given to them. I am a sinner, and I make mistakes.. but I DO love HIM. HE loved me first.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: deadeyedick

because he took the creation of the creator, convinced them they were bad, and set them under a law that paul would later refer to as the law of sin and death. so then the creator pays them a visit and they are all farked up in the head. he's like "who told you you were naked?" (it wasn't bad to be naked and suddenly it was bad to be naked, and the creator is not the one who told them that. so who did? logic puzzle, process of elimination)

you kinda time traveled to make those points there.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Its not about what evil has been committed in whose name..

what matters is who is God?

God came to me and gave me that answer, and I am clear in that answer. I know now who God is.. I am HIS follower.. I am HIS anything HE wants me to be. HE called me HIS people, and offered me forgiveness when i deserved it least.

I will give anything for more of HIM.. for more of this...

I don't expect many to understand, but I will follow HIM just as HE wishes for me to. I know its not for everyone... but it IS for me and many others. Its good, and not evil. Only we are evil.

you are under the law of sin and death, that's true, but think about this. have you ever done a process of elimination to solve a puzzle?

if you can do nothing to EARN your salvation, if you personally have nothing of value that can add or take away from your situation, and if salvation is a FREE gift, which you can neither earn nor un-earn, and if god is the same yesterday, today and forever, you were never, at any point in your life (or any previous lives where/if applicable), at risk of not being saved. it's a time puzzle.

it's god's will that none should perish. there appears to be a conditional slant to that statement which may be the result of translation error. if it's god's will, then none WILL perish lol
time, it's all resolved in time. we're all gonna be okay. maybe not right away and it may get bumpy (and it has gotten bumpy), but, he said it's his will that none should perish, so they won't. same yesterday, today and forever.

what kind of situation would allow for that? clearly, the actual bad guy gets ousted and he can't tell us we are useless sinners night and day.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Yet, not one verse of Paul was used in the OP. Just the old testament and some new, none of Paul's teachings at all. And still, people get angry ...

it seems to be the message in general, not Paul people don't appreciate. And that is your right, you don't have to like the message.. the message is only for those who want to hear it.. its not for everyone.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

the people who sat in darkness have seen a great light. And for those who lived in the land where death casts its shadow, a light has shined." From then on Jesus began to preach, "Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near."
Mathew 4:16-17

Jesus HIMSELF preached repentance. None other than Jesus taught people to turn away from sin.

Each man has his own sin.. we are reasonably unique in that.. but repentance was taught by Jesus, and I am a follower of HIM...

You can decide to throw out all of Jesus' teachings, I refuse. Had I thrown them out, I never would have heard God talk to me in the first place.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WashMoreFeet
A sure sign of one's need for repentance is a smug, self-righteous aversion to the idea of it.

The act of calling men to repentance is not a self-righteous act in and of itself. Nowhere in the OP was there a claim that the person making this thread was:
1. without their own sin
2. not in need of repentance themselves

What human can fathom the mysteries of God? Who can probe the limits of the Almighty? He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. The whole of Creation in and of itself is a testament to His unsearchable and unknowable majesty. We, mere human beings, cannot even travel beyond our own solar system, yet in our foolish vanity we mock the One Who created it and everything beyond. We haven't even searched the limits of the earth, we are still learning about our own bodies, yet mankind has no reverential fear and awe of the One Who fashioned the earth from nothing and our bodies from dust.

The impudence and audacity of mankind is almost beyond comprehension. Most people can't even explain how a cell phone works, but they are all too ready to criticize God's judgment within His own creation.

All men are sinners and all men will be tempted with sin as long as they remain in bodies of flesh. None are good according to God's absolute standard of good. Those who truly think they are "good" are really blind to their own state of wretchedness. Any act of "righteousness" on our part is still like a filthy rag in comparison to God's perfection and holiness. Can a mortal be more righteous than God? If God charges His own angels with error, how much more those who live in feeble bodies of clay, whose foundations are in the dust, who are crushed more readily than a moth?

Who are we to question God's judgment? Who are we to criticize His ways? As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are His ways higher than our ways and His thoughts higher than our thoughts. He has seen the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end, yet we do not even know what will happen tomorrow. And still, men maintain their indignant affront towards His sovereignty.

All of creation is fallen and flawed, lost to corruption by the sin of one man. However all of creation has been reconciled back unto God through the righteousness of one Man. Even though creation has been reconciled, it still remains in a fallen state which must finish its course to completion. Creation will reach a maximum state of entropy. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics which was introduced into the closed system of creation the moment Eve reached for the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, will reach equilibrium. There will be a culmination of all things.

Those who are alive must be given opportunity to repent, those yet to be born must be given the opportunity to choose eternal life. All men will be offered the choice, whether through the spread of the Gospel by missionaries or by divine providence. Perhaps some even at the moment of their death, right before they cross over. Who is to say how God ministers to each man their opportunity for salvation? All human beings capable of salvation will be given the opportunity to choose. Because God is just, this must be so.

The point of this thread is to remind men of their opportunity to choose, and to encourage them to choose wisely.

Beautiful post.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

the people who sat in darkness have seen a great light. And for those who lived in the land where death casts its shadow, a light has shined." From then on Jesus began to preach, "Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near."
Mathew 4:16-17

Jesus HIMSELF preached repentance. None other than Jesus taught people to turn away from sin.

Each man has his own sin.. we are reasonably unique in that.. but repentance was taught by Jesus, and I am a follower of HIM...

You can decide to throw out all of Jesus' teachings, I refuse. Had I thrown them out, I never would have heard God talk to me in the first place.

i'm not saying that it isn't important to follow the law (he said so as well. ever ask yourself why the pharisees, saducees and scribes thought jesus was trying to eliminate the law? and his answer : i didn't come to destroy it but fulfill it. why did he say that? because the bad guy was using the law to condemn people ). it is there as the law of sin and death. meaning, that it is only applicable to us currently, because we are currently on a planet owned by the bad guy, who uses the law to condemn us. we have to navigate that, and so jesus tells us how to do that, for our own sakes.

same with the blood sacrifice. is blood sacrifice really necessary for forgiveness of sin or does the guy who owns the planet, demand it? think of all those ancient religions who had blood sacrifices. were they all serving jehovah?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
it's god's will that none should perish. there appears to be a conditional slant to that statement which may be the result of translation error. if it's god's will, then none WILL perish lol
time, it's all resolved in time. we're all gonna be okay. maybe not right away and it may get bumpy (and it has gotten bumpy), but, he said it's his will that none should perish, so they won't. same yesterday, today and forever.

what kind of situation would allow for that? clearly, the actual bad guy gets ousted and he can't tell us we are useless sinners night and day.

You are correct, it is God's will that none should perish. However, God gave mankind their own free-will, something even the angels and our adversary are forbidden to tamper with. Since our enemy cannot touch our free-will, that is the point of using deception. By God's own law, our free will cannot be tampered with. Thus God, being perfectly just, obeys His own law.
Men will perish, but it will be because they chose to do so by their own free will because they were deceived and loved not the truth.

"... the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved." (2 Thess 2:10)

God's people can speak the truth to others, but we cannot make them accept it. For many, their hearts are too hardened to even comprehend it. But their condition is still one of their own doing, their own choice to accept the truth or deny it. Much truth has been spoken just in this thread alone, but most would rather argue than do any sort of self-examination. Self-examination leads to accountability, accountability leads to submission, submission leads to repentance and repentance leads to salvation. Then, salvation leads to a person's awareness that they were deceived. And that which was deceiving them wants to avoid that at all costs.

edit on 1/14/2015 by WashMoreFeet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You are making this a conditional statement which it isn’t .Repent means to change.Sin means to miss the mark of maturity.The phrasing of the words and the way it is taught makes it sound conditioinal of an act performed where Yahoshua is always stating truth of what will be.

Yahoshua is saying you will change( become mature) because the kingdom of your heavens is near.In other words your mind is your heavens.When they are ruled by the creator God you are in the kingdom of your heavens(your right mind).You have fallen into the same religious ditch many have fallen into and are still there.Acting like “you” did or could do something to ”change” yourself to be mature to enter the kingdom of your heavens.That by asking for forgiveness or making an apology or performing an act of religion changes you.The creator God is the one enacting your repentance of changing.The method you (and many) are using is no different than the religious Jews did(except being more deceptive and delusional)

You have what Yahoshua stated all backwards( which is the way of religion) he is proclaiming a truth by statement you WILL change (repent) because the kingdom of your heavens(being freed from your religion) is near(soon).It is a very ironic statement because they were actually becoming more religious (as you are).That is Yahoshua saying you are building your “house” on the sand and it will soon fall.

Religion calls man to repentance as a method to herd moral and ethical behavior of their beliefs.The creator God calls men to repentance to change them from immature (held captive by their religion) to maturity (freed from religion).

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WashMoreFeet

well i'm of the opinion, that without full revelation, none can or will, be held accountable by a just and loving god. we lack massive amounts of real truth. much is hidden from us. if my kids have enough compassion and sense to understand why someone shouldn't be found guilty for doing something they didn't have full, prior knowledge of....

here's an example:

paul said he didn't let women speak in church because of eve. and that eve was fooled into committing the crime, but adam was not fooled and did the crime anyway. to be fooled suggest you lack data, thereby making you subject to being "tricked" . had eve been giving the level of understanding adam had, would she have made the same mistake? we don't know, cause it doesn't say. this is a perfect example of lack of data leading to condemnation. it's mind boggling that anyone would believe the creator god would do that to his creation. but it's not hard to believe the bad guy would.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The sin was attributed to Adam because it was to Adam whom God gave the command. Eve had not been created yet when God commanded Adam not to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Adam was responsible for Eve, as she had been made to be his companion. However, when the serpent appeared, Adam was nowhere to be found.

Accountability for not eating from the Tree fell upon Adam.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No... you are incorrect. Paul was speaking to a specific question some converts to Christianity had. He was explaining a thing, and then after his full speech he qualified all that he said with one thing:

1 Corinthians 11:16 But if any man seemeth to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

If you want to understand from a biblical perspective, here is a nice link:
bibleresources.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WashMoreFeet

The sin was attributed to Adam because it was to Adam whom God gave the command. Eve had not been created yet when God commanded Adam not to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Adam was responsible for Eve, as she had been made to be his companion. However, when the serpent appeared, Adam was nowhere to be found.

Accountability for not eating from the Tree fell upon Adam.

so then if the "sin" was adam's fault, why was eve cursed with pain in childbirth and death of the body, just like adam for her part in it? she was condemned as well, and apparently (unless that part has been removed from the text) it didn't matter if a supernatural being who was smarter than both her and adam, put together, tricked her. just being tricked was enough. i mean, REALLY? REALLLLLY? HONEST ENGINE??

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

No... you are incorrect. Paul was speaking to a specific question some converts to Christianity had. He was explaining a thing, and then after his full speech he qualified all that he said with one thing:

1 Corinthians 11:16 But if any man seemeth to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

If you want to understand from a biblical perspective, here is a nice link:
bibleresources.org...

look up paul's teaching on women in the church in timothy.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yes, but now your saying something different to appeal. In your OP your statement was the complete opposite.

Just like a christian to pull crap like that. you got caught, own it.
edit on 14-1-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join