It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RISE OH YE NATIONS! Repent!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: undo
Interesting take on those chapters in both posts, undo. Unfortunately, you are talking to a brick wall. Doctrine always trumps critical thought. (Brick wall in general. Not OB specifically)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
remember, the law is the accuser. the law condemns. jesus saves. these are 2 entirely different things.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Interesting take on those chapters in both posts, undo. Unfortunately, you are talking to a brick wall. Doctrine always trumps critical thought. (Brick wall in general. Not OB specifically)

it's just the result of realizing that there's a bunch of text that people never really think about and how that applies to stuff like this. for example, in the book of job, the bad guy is in the divine court accusing job. what's he even doing there? he clearly has access to the divine court and divine law. and he's been using it against humans, like job, for a long time.

i do believe, jesus is set to claim ownership of the planet, and all that stuff will stop.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: OpinionatedB

ever read romans 7 and 8? the more you think about it, the crazier it gets.
you know he actually says the law is the accuser? you know who the accuser is right? what brought sin into the world?
the accusation of it. who accused adam and eve of being sinful? THEY DID! lol god was like ....

"hey, who told you you were naked?"

ever wonder why it would be a sin to be naked, if that was the condition god created you in? he seemed to be a bit confused about it as well. he was like, "Wait wait. you're upset that you are the way i made you? how curious!"
yeah.......

No, it says that they were ashamed of their nakedness, not that their nakedness itself was a sin. The sin was in rebelling against God and it exposed them, because at the moment they ate the fruit their eyes were opened. They recognized they had sinned for eating the fruit, not for being naked.

But you shouldn't go around naked because you should cover parts of you that need covered. God created them in the condition of innocence but it was rebellion that made them no longer innocent and that one act was passed down where mankind is no longer innocent as a whole. That doesn't mean babies are not innocent, they certainly are, but now babies that grow up do realize at some point that they will understand what right and wrong is.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

the rebellion was procreation. and since it said earlier to go forth, be fruitful and multiply, it couldn't have been rebellion against the creator, but rather, against the guy who owns the place, who didn't want us to have eternal bodies, if we were going to procreate. it can't be both.

it's like a logic problem.
edit on 14-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I have always been taught that those who are in hell are there because that is where they choose to be, and that even in Hell the shout curses at God.

The whole world is in need of repentance and a great reformation, because we now view sin with rose colored glasses. We now call sin freedom and glorify it. We in our minds need to change. We are those who grow up being choked by the thorns of glorified sin and stupefied spirituality.

God does not leave our side for a moment and that needs to be a resurrected pillar of thought in man. That is what is needed for us to change, That is needed for us to have peace because it is God that is Peace.

We walk with a sort of heart rending pang that God gives us to know we must get our souls back to Him and the eye of our hearts placed upon Him. It is not abnormal, it is not neuroses, it is not solved by taking life devouring psychotropic medication. It is solved by coming back to a pure thought of what true love is.

Our most needed medicine is the greatest love story ever told: The Gospel.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: backcase

i would think one way to do that would be to abandon the idea that a loving creator would condemn us to eternal torture, death, sickness, pain in childbirth and the whole suffering theme on this planet.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Weren't you a fundamental Muslim not too long ago? Amazing how quickly you have turned into a fundamental Christian.

If you were wrong in your fundamental beliefs before, what makes you so sure you are right this time around? You still worship the same god, that of Abraham. Saying Jesus died for your sins doesn't really change anything, only that you say that now unlike before.

I'm glad you seem to have found comfort in your conversion but I personally don't see anything different from your beliefs before compared to now. You're still the same person and if you think Jesus makes you a good person, you were a good person before believing he died for your sins, which is why you converted in the first place because the evil being committed in Muhammad's name went against the good that was inside you.

Just as much evil has been committed in Jesus' name, you just don't hear about it as much.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

God would not condemn us to those things but those who would like to bring us to those things.

There are those Who reject God and slander His image, they would like to take lambs from the fold themselves and take them just outside the fold and tangle them up in the vines of worldly fruit. God will go out and find His lost sheep, be well aware of that.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is a person with a great deal of weight of themselves. You would like to give to them the illusion that they are still under sin. How putrid your intentions are!

This person recognized their ways as being fruitless and has now found peace! You deny it and try to disturb clear waters because you do not have peace for yourself. Truth is eternal, it will never go, get used to it, ye wolf.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Belief in Jesus' sacrifice is belief that you are under sin. I didn't put that in their minds, they did. All are sinners right? So everyone is under sin, I didn't make anyone think that, if anything I say the opposite. But... if I do say they aren't under sin and aren't sinners they will disagree with me.

ETA: Funny that you call me a wolf. What tribe is Paul a descendant of? Benjamin. What was Benjamin according to the bible? A ravenous wolf, so those who are of his tribe are wolves too, which is why their standard bore a wolf on it.
edit on 1/14/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

God would not condemn us to those things but those who would like to bring us to those things.

There are those Who reject God and slander His image, they would like to take lambs from the fold themselves and take them just outside the fold and tangle them up in the vines of worldly fruit. God will go out and find His lost sheep, be well aware of that.

well i think that was my point. so then, we are in agreement.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I am just clarifying, as I often must do, to make the image more bright.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

He who says that he is without sin calls God a liar. The book you claim to know contradicts you.

We are sinners, but we are loved. Part of us must die so that we may go along the path of perfection. We cannot remain as we are, and that Jesus died for our sins does not mean that we have license to sin more, but to cut it off and let it die.

We must purge the evil from ourselves.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

But you will never purge it completely right? Because everyone is under sin (which is what you claimed I was trying to convince her of).

And again, you call me a wolf yet neglect the fact that Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin, so he was a wolf himself. Benjamin was called a ravenous wolf in the OT and the tribe bore a wolf as its standard. I reject Paul and thus his wolf nature, so how am I a wolf?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

there it is, derail the thread as your friends and make it a 'PAUL' thread.

Do you ever stop saying the same thing over and over again? Seriously it is always the same thing with you and you keep on coming back to it. Get over it, we believe that Jesus Christ is God.

Stop making good threads into the same nonsense argument.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You called me a wolf, I only pointed out that the poster boy of Christianity is a wolf himself. This thread is based around Christianity is it not? But I'll drop it anyways, I wouldn't want to sound like a Christian who says the same thing over and over again "Jesus died for my sins, Jesus died for my sins, Jesus died for my sins"...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The Death and Resurrection of Christ is the foundation of our faith. Your foundation is hatred of Paul. Don't be so dramatically offended at the obvious.

These things are not the same at all, but I am glad you choose to drop it.
edit on 093131p://333 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

No, my foundation is love for others and Jesus' words, not hatred for anything, including Paul. I only point out the obvious.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

there it is, derail the thread as your friends and make it a 'PAUL' thread.

Do you ever stop saying the same thing over and over again? Seriously it is always the same thing with you and you keep on coming back to it. Get over it, we believe that Jesus Christ is God.

Stop making good threads into the same nonsense argument.

He was only raising an interesting point in response to your calling him a wolf...

I don't consider myself a Christian, but i agree with 3NL1GHT3N3D1. I think there are problems with Paul's messages, and i find his conversion highly suspicious. Indeed, i find it absolutely amazing just how much influence he has had on the religion. Much of the religion's philosophies, teachings and traditions come from Paul.

Oh, and not all Christians believe Jesus Christ to be God. But of course, those Christians are either deemed as heretics or cultists...just as every individual who strays from the mainstream teachings.
edit on 14-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join