It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RISE OH YE NATIONS! Repent!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Everyone needs to repent from time to time, and the time for Christians to repent is, as always, now. We who were called out of the world to be Children of God need to check our own garments for spots - and wash them clean now. I had to recently also, because there was something that I had kept back and not given up of this world, and this HE required of me also.

It's not always easy, sometimes we DO need to fast and pray in order to get rid of a habit we are hanging onto. Sometimes that is the only way, but repentance is about stopping a wrong behavior and trading that behavior for HIM and behaviors that are pleasing to HIM. HE loves us, and wants only our best. If we love HIM we will do as HE asks of us, if we love each other we will do as HE asks of us.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

See, our behaviors effect every other Christian too. If one Christian has bad behavior it doesn't just reflect badly on you personally, it reflects badly on us all. If one Christian is carrying a sin, then the gift God gave them is imperfect, because you cannot sow good seed among thorn bushes without killing the seed..

If our gifts are to be effective for the good of our brothers and sisters, if our reflection is to be one that is to benefit one another and not harm (because it is the negative that stays in the mind most strongly to others) then we must repent and do the things HE asks of us.

Is it easy to quit smoking? Not always.... but how would you feel on your way to hell if someone looked at you and said:

"So, let me get this straight. You had the opportunity to warn me of all these things, and if you had I would not be going to hell... and you didn't care enough about me to stop smoking so you could hear God well enough to understand with clarity and warn in the manner necessary for my salvation?"

Now, replace "smoking" with whatever your keeping back from GOD, and replace warning with whatever gift you have.. and know.. the time is now to truly be Children of God. HE says to all of us:

Return, faithless Israel,' declares the LORD; 'I will not look upon you in anger. For I am gracious,' declares the LORD; 'I will not be angry forever. 13 'Only acknowledge your iniquity, That you have transgressed against the LORD your God And have scattered your favors to the strangers under every green tree, And you have not obeyed My voice,' declares the LORD. 14 'Return, O faithless sons,' declares the LORD; 'For I am a master to you, And I will take you one from a city and two from a family, And I will bring you to Zion.

Do you want to come to Zion? Do you want to be a help and not a hindrance to others? Do you love HIM? Do you love all of us?

Because truly I say to you no gift is lesser than another, all are needed, especially now. We are all members of HIS body, the Church is we are HIS children, and the time is now, to come together under HIM and Be Ye Holy (or perfected) even as HE is Holy - in support of each other, in love of HIM. We cannot walk this path alone, but neither can we walk it steeped in sin.

The choice is now, will you choose for us even if you cannot manage to choose for yourself? Will you choose for HIM if you cannot manage to love us enough to choose for us?

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Let us have that hope and a future - but it is only attainable if we die to this world completely. There is no other way, there is nothing that can be held back now.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
So my computer messed up and we will need to delete a couple threads.. I only clicked once.. I promise..

however, I did resend the information, because the computer messed up.. lol

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Yeah..... No thanks

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
EDIT: Yeah.. I don't think the Christians will take that too well
edit on 14-1-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

"Everyone needs to repent from time to time". Really?

The Audacity of Christians quack me up... Everyone? You need to re write your thread. The entitlement of your post already sickens me about whatever else you have to say about "your" religion.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

This is just my opinion and worth about as much. I believe that repentance has more to do with our relationship to God. If I feel myself distant from God, it is me, not Him, and so I need to look to what I have done that is harmful to our relationship. Only by being close to God can I hear that still small voice that warns me when I stray off the path.

The responsibility for another's soul is a tough one. It is true that people look to us, and by our actions might come to know Christ. However, everyone is responsible for his or her choices. What God might find a sin in me, he may not in you. As Oprah has said, "When you know better, you do better." Often we are unaware and must be convicted by the Holy Spirit, that a behavior is a sin. Conviction is much different than knowing something is wrong or bad for you. Conviction brings about fundamental change.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Abrahamism surely is a strange faith. It seems tailored for nosy, neurotic elitists. Wouldn't be so bad, except all its branches teach that you, too can become "elite" if only you become nosy and neurotic. become one of the Chosen People. Get treasures and crowns in heaven. party with 72 virgins. Rule your own planet. Just drive yourself and everyone you know into a frenetic mess before you die, and die with panic and worry over whether you will be "good enough."

All nations would be best-served by striving to divest themselves of this faith, engineered by a bronze-age tribe of paranoiacs with delusions of grandeur and a remarkable fear of the human penis. Mankind can do better - or best of all, Mankind can do nothing at all, and step away from the witch doctors and their angry sky-demons.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Why should I repent for being human?.
Iam a good person and when I meet my God we will have a chat about all the stuff I have done.
But I sure will not say sorry for the things I have done to God I will say sorry to the people I may have hurt to them in the next bit of our existance.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Repenting as a form of absolution and making 'god' an excuse for bad behaviour is probably a major part of the cause of the mess humanity is in today.

If people chose their words and actions to the philosophy of righteousness instead the world would be a better place.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
We all sin. We are fallible. We are humans.

Repentance may psychologically help some people, but it is impossible walk a 'perfect life'. We can try to be the best we can be, but we cannot be perfect. Even Jesus, for all of his talk on peace and love, made and used a whip to cleanse a temple.
edit on 14-1-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Oh I very much agree with you, sin is something that is individual and varies from person to person. I do also think a lot of people convince themselves that something is not a sin, or that it is not so bad, even when the Holy Spirit is trying to convict them of it being a sin, for them.

But, I do believe that conviction will come to some, and that when it does, this thread might be a help in many ways. Not only to know that there is forgiveness when we repent, but also in that we are needed in the Church to be effective for HIM and for our brothers and sisters.

While sin is an individual thing, its consequences are always much farther reaching than self in this life. Our sins effect all those around us, all the time.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I said in the first couple sentences:

We who were called out of the world to be Children of God

That means, this does not apply to all. It will apply to those who know inside their heart that it applies to them. If inside your heart you feel it does not apply to you, then it was not written for you. If it touches your heart, then read and understand.

But not everyone is the same - and this thread does not apply to everyone.
edit on 14-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

ever read romans 7 and 8? the more you think about it, the crazier it gets.
you know he actually says the law is the accuser? you know who the accuser is right? what brought sin into the world?
the accusation of it. who accused adam and eve of being sinful? THEY DID! lol god was like ....

"hey, who told you you were naked?"

ever wonder why it would be a sin to be naked, if that was the condition god created you in? he seemed to be a bit confused about it as well. he was like, "Wait wait. you're upset that you are the way i made you? how curious!"
yeah.......

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If you watched a mass murder torture billions of people for 100 years
it would be known as the darkest age in all of humanity but god says
clearly he plans to do this and he is a good thing? Man i really hope
if there is a deity around he isn't this sick and twisted, he would
make every mass murder and killer look like a saint in comparison.

No, begging this being to not torture me forever is simply too sick
and twisted for me, capitulation to terrorism is not the way to
live life.

edit on 14-1-2015 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodreviara

Funny thing is, everyone like you will blame God, rather than themselves. Is what has happened in this world not our fault?

Our actions are our own, through free will we have caused all this murder chaos and destruction, and now it is time to repent of our deeds, to turn back to God before its too late for the individual. It is too late now for the collective, but never too late for individuals to turn back to God and repent of their own deeds.

God did not cause this.. we did. We all did - together. What we caused, needs repented of..

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

well, technically speaking, i think someone may have gotten a few things mixed up, wayyyy back in the creation passages. for example, it says, go forth be fruitful and MULTIPLY.

it's clearly okay to procreate at that point.
fast forward. enter, the fall narrative.
suddenly, god is not happy that we are procreating. is this passage really talking about our creator who made us procreative? one way to find out, let's look at the text:

when it says "Adam knew his wife, and she begat", what is it really saying? what would knowledge have to do with it?
well, the short story is that "knowledge" was the word for procreation. if you had knowledge of someone you were having intimate relations with that someone. so the tree of knowledge, is the tree of procreation. tree = inheritable dna

so why is it suddenly a bad thing? i think the info is obvious - whoever is mad there, that the adam and eve are procreating, has convinced them to feel badly about the way their creator, created them.

think about that for a bit.
edit on 14-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Ok so you ignore what i just said and say its my fault he is going
to torture people forever, this is why religion is ridiculous, the truth
is there is no good answer to the claim god makes that he WILL
be torturing people forever, it is his desire, his creation and his
ants he will be burning according to his claims.

It is simply and plainly immoral to desire that others be tortured
forever, trying to use fear to manipulate people is also an immoral
act as we have clearly see in our society terrorists are not very
well liked, yet god can do the same and avoid the label?

I have no desire whatsoever to see people tortured forever,
never wrote a book claiming i do and encouraged other people
to claim such in my name so no i do not feel responsible in any
way at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodreviara

Oh.. I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about things that we have done and things that will happen here on earth..

Do forgive me, I missed the part where you said hell.

As far as hell is concerned.. I have spoken on it at some length recently..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Since you like talking about sex so much, those links above will interest you as well.. because when man procreates there is something man cannot give.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
who does the planet belong to? who owns the earth. who tried to give it to jesus in exchange for jesus' fealty? my theory is that its the same guy who convinced adam and eve that they should feel guilty that they were naked procreators. it's his planet, afterall, and he didn't want procreators with eternal bodies on his planet.

this will make sense when you realize that was what necessitated jesus' arrival, rather than the idea that we had actually done evil in the garden by being procreative. just read that text. it'll hop right off the page and give you realization. yes jesus came for our sins, not because we actually had sinned (procreation was not a sin till the fall narrative), but because the guy who owns the planet, used divine law to condemn us to a shortened lifespan. i bet there's more of us out there in the universe, who didn't have to go thru this because the bad guy doesn't own their planets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join