It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mohammed Challenge

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

What does the Koran, the holy book of Islam, say on the issue?

Link

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
The Quran does not explicitly forbid images of Muhammad, but there are a few hadith (supplemental teachings) which have explicitly prohibited Muslims from creating visual depictions of figures.

If the above statement (taken from wiki, im not good at doing quotes, probably because the one time i tried it didn't come out right so i gave up after that, im sorry, i mean, what do you want from me, im a loser ok?) is true, then the supposed law was not meant to apply to non-Muslims.

Does anybody know if this statement is true?

The quran is based on the works that came before it, both the old and new testaments. Which is why Jews, Christians and Muslims all worship the same God, under different names.
As both the old and new testaments forbid the worship of idols, its only natural to assume the quran does too.
As for the more refined question of depicting the prophet... I dont think it has anything to do with the quran.
But then neither does full body covering, and fear of "men that cant control themselves". But that hasnt stopped the crazies introducing it.
And yes you would be right in your assumption that it obviously doesnt apply to non believers, but when did a small fact ever get in the way of a believer.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I am glad to hear that you approve of this thread.

You had better let your sharia law enforcer mod know not to censor this thread.

I would be happy to let you know who that is if you do not know.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
A VERY STRONG REMINDER

This is intended to show solidarity and support of the people at Charlie Bebdo and the tragedy that happened in France.

The additional intent is to showcase free speech, and it stands for -- not an opportunity to simply slag-off on one or more religions -- because this should not be about a religion, but about heretic extremists using religion as an excuse to insane.

Overly vulgar images will be removed.

Images or posts that gratuitously insult or attack a religion, will be removed.

Do this with taste folks. Otherwise, it won't have any impact.

Do as I say not as I do....Got it....Wont make that mistake again...Do not want to get banned. It is your house so I will play by your rules and not complain anymore than this.

edit on 7-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Not every hot tub is a jacuzzi, but every jacuzzi is a hot tub.

Exactly. I am sorry, but I am seeing a lot of ignorance in this thread. Come on people, are we not better than this? I mean, just because you dont agree with something such as another religion, does not mean you should mock it. I mean, are you telling me that the Christian Holy Bible itself is NOT one of the most violent books in the history of man?

Every single poster is this thread is better than those who shot those cartoonists today, an the rest of that ILK that goes around beheading,stoning, and blowing people up in the name of GOD.

We are better than they are, and that's a FACT.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There is only one true Mohammed...

edit on 7-1-2015 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

How exactly is the new testament the most violent book in the history of man?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Is this childish? Maybe, but at least we are expressing our anger and outrage in a way that doesn't involve guns and dead people.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Because it's directed at Islam and Muslims.

After awhile you get tired to defending yourself against those that willingly stick their head in the sand.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

originally posted by: boymonkey74

The site owner said it is a good idea.
I agree, the more pics of Mo mo (cheers ewok
) people see the better.
Maybe they will understand we will not take this BS anymore and we have the right to ridicule any religion.

When two parties have a conflict the only way to resolve it is when the two parties start to respect each others take on things. So on one hand you have Westerns who say we demand respect for Freedom of Speech, yet at the same time don`t respect the other party by mocking something which is important to them and that is images of Mohamed.

You can`t expect respect coming to you when you don`t give it to the other, it has to come from both sides...so this is counterproductive and will not help.

Do you really think this comes down to being offended by 'bad' images of mo mo??

How many of their own Arab brothers have these radical whack jobs slaughtered?? Arabs from a different sect, Arab Christians, secular Arabs, and even their own radical nutjobs if they get in the way. Arab brothers, sisters and CHILDREN.

You want proof? They take ALOT of video of their own atrocities. I have seen them slowly hack the heads off of 30 men at the same time. I have seen them casually shoot hundreds of defenseless men one at a time, like they enjoy the extra terror they inflict on the poor bastards who are agonizingly waiting their turn.
I have seen human butcher shops where they 'process' bodies to sell the meat. Christian blood brings big $$ in Saudi Arabia where these wahabi F@%&S teach this evil. I have seen 5 year old LITTLE GIRLS beheaded in their pretty little sunday dress!!!!! Because their PARENTS had a different belief. Not to mention they are PEDOPHILES that advocate having child sex slaves.

I can give you videos of all this EVIL. I think EVERYONE should be forced to watch them all. I would post them ALL here if it wasn't against the T&C's. If you really want the horrific truth it is easy to find. But what a drag that would be, might even ruin my dinner tonight having to confront what these savages actually do.

We can just sit behind our screens and convince ourselves that they aren't that bad and we just don't try hard enough to express our selves to them. Its our fault for antagonizing them to perpetrate their evil because someone dared to make an offensive CARTOON.
After all, If I could just talk with them and explain how we feel we could all just coexist peacefully.

This horror today has nothing to do with images of mo mo, sure its the excuse that's bantered around, But the reason this is happening is because their belief is either we convert or die. PERIOD

You want to risk your life go ahead and pay them a visit and talk tolerance and acceptance. Or blame the west for 'causing' their actions. The poor misunderstood, abused by opinion radical F@#$s
edit on 1 7 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Is this childish? Maybe, but at least we are expressing our anger and outrage in a way that doesn't involve guns and dead people.

When you attack the culture of people they get angry.

We have had a year and half in The Netherlands of huge anger because the attack on our Black Pete culture to the point of death threads and actual disrupting it.

Freedom of Speech is culture...and yet people think it`s so difficult to understand that some Muslims feel the same way when their culture gets attacked.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Isn't there a better way to get a point across than the bucket challenge? I kind of wonder what the people in other countries think of our crazy ideas.

I don't think there is any simple answer Ricky, I just know from your answer that you are a decent individual, and there are millions more who never get to be heard. I've no doubt that all this carnage is about power and politics, from where, I have no clue but whatever, it is the most dangerous course ever to be taken, and ironically, anyone's religion, or individualism for that matter will be the first casualties, and hypocrites will be the winner's, and there is nothing new about that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

originally posted by: ketsuko

When you attack the culture of people they get angry.

We have had a year and half in The Netherlands of huge anger because the attack on our Black Pete culture to the point of death threads and actual disrupting it.

Freedom of Speech is culture...and yet people think it`s so difficult to understand that some Muslims feel the same way when their culture gets attacked.

Another truly disgusting false moral equivalency.

Calling a belief that you can murder people because they draw a cartoon is not a "culture."

If they were bugs coming into your home to kill you, you would spray them with Raid.

Except they're worse. Bugs are just doing their thing. These killers are choosing to kill people for no other reason than they made the choice to be offended.

edit on 7-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Offending the Muslims in this community to get back at terrorists that don't visit this site.

Well played, ATS.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Calling a belief that you can murder people because they draw a cartoon is not a "culture."

There are also people who believe they can murder in the name of "Freedom"...how is that any different?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
Yes, this is very much like the "Bucket Challenge"

I view terrorism very much like a desease. Its something that must be stopped before it grows and gets worse.

The Bucket Challenge was to make you feel like a person with ALS feels. The icy cold water feels very much like that I guess.

So to stand with our fallen heroes who stood up for the freedom of speech.

Here is my image of Mohammed.

Now I challenge anyone else to post an image of Mohammed and stand up to this desease we call terrorism.

Yes because only Muslims are terrorist.

No, but they make up an extremely disproportionate amount of terrorism going on in the world.

Please, show me an example in the last 20 years of an Organized Christian grouup slaughtering and executing completely innocent people because Jesus was even depicted, let alone Jesus urinal cakes, numerous depictions of him on Family guy, or pictures of him exposing himself while surfacing. I'll be waiting....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's a "come get some" with both middle fingers proudly waving.
It's laughing at a bully when he falls on his ass.
It's taking a swing at the biggest guy at the bar.
It's starting the day with a basket containing 12 'Fs' and ending the day with 13.
It's walking with a swagger.
It's American.

Please don't claim this behaviour is an 'American' thing, don't put people off for claiming that rebellion is an American thing. You don't own sticking your fingers up at bullies.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join