It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mohammed Challenge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: thesmokingman
By the way SO, do the T&c's not apply to this thread?

Well seeing as the site owner has posted his picture of old mo mo I guess not

I dont mean just posting a picture of the guy. I mean the sexually suggestive pictures and the foul language being used by a few. It is not tolerated in other threads, I am wondering why this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ordinarily, I might agree that posting pictures of a religious figure in an attempt to lampoon shouldn't be allowed, but let's get real - the attack that occurred to today occurred specifically because a publication in another country that regularly publishes irreverent cartoons of ALL religious figures attempted fair play by publishing this certain religious figure. And for this, they were massacred in their place of work.

Why does only one religious group do this?

And I think for this one thread, the rules ought to be set aside in protest of this event. I only wish more publications would do this.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth
Yes lets use christianity to expose the flaws of islam.
Makes perfect sense....

ETA: I must say I am not against the idea of posting the pictures to avenge the death of these poor people that lost their lives to these fanatics.
But to use one religion to mock another just seems hypocritical to me.
edit on thWed, 07 Jan 2015 16:09:47 -0600America/Chicago120154780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: buster2010
Yes because only Muslims are terrorist.

That part isn't right.

However, at the moment, Islam is the poster-child for radical intolerance that manifests in murder and violence.

Really? I think that old white men are the poster child for radical intolerance that manifests in murder and violence. You know, the old white men in Washington, that waged a war against "terror"?

You mean like these people?

You think THOSE people are the ones really running things?
You know, I can only imagine how some of you would be reacting if these were depictions of Jesus Christ instead that you were all adding. By the way SO, do the T&c's not apply to this thread?

Being a follower of Christ I would probably post my disdain for it and avoid the thread after that.
I sure as hell am NOT going to go on a killing spree.
And Jesus has been depicted as everything from made out of poo to being urinated on to having satanic apparel. Hell, just south park alone.
Look at all the killing sprees that has ignited. sarc/off

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I hope so also.
But I can't see it happening.
If every newspaper and website did this It would be a great day for freedom of speech but they will not.
Good to see the site owner making a stand for what is right.

Good on you fella.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

now if i was to post a picture of people having butt sex and someone's bare a@@ with a triangle thingy shoved their back side, animated or not it would more than likely be pulled and i would face a post ban.

i guess ownership has it's privileges. still funny though.

edit on 7-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

That is all.

Imagine if a cartoonist made a cartoon making fun of Jesus would Christians go off the deep end the same way.......NO. And if radicals inside the religion did go off the deep end would they stand against them in mass.....YES.
edit on 7-1-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: thesmokingman

The site owner said it is a good idea.
I agree, the more pics of Mo mo (cheers ewok
) people see the better.
Maybe they will understand we will not take this BS anymore and we have the right to ridicule any religion.

Only it will not solve anything.

When two parties have a conflict the only way to resolve it is when the two parties start to respect each others take on things. So on one hand you have Westerns who say we demand respect for Freedom of Speech, yet at the same time don`t respect the other party by mocking something which is important to them and that is images of Mohamed.

You can`t expect respect coming to you when you don`t give it to the other, it has to come from both sides...so this is counterproductive and will not help.
edit on 7 1 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

By the way SO, do the T&c's not apply to this thread?

Well seeing as the site owner has posted his picture of old mo mo I guess not

I dont mean just posting a picture of the guy. I mean the sexually suggestive pictures and the foul language being used by a few. It is not tolerated in other threads, I am wondering why this one.

I think it comes down to acase of letter of the law and spirit of the law.

This thread may be a cheeky exception but its doing the exact opposite of what the terrorists want.

This negates what they stand for.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: thesmokingman

The site owner said it is a good idea.
I agree, the more pics of Mo mo (cheers ewok
) people see the better.
Maybe they will understand we will not take this BS anymore and we have the right to ridicule any religion.

Only it will not solve anything.

When two parties have a conflict the only way to resolve it is when the two parties start to respect each other take on things. So on one hand you have Westerns who say we demand respect for Freedom of Speech, yet at the same time don`t respect the other party by mocking something which is important to them and that is images of Mohamed.

You can`t expect respect coming to you when you don`t give it to the other, it has to come from both sides...so this is counterproductive and will not help.

Thats what the terrorists want!

Your giving them credibility.

edit on 7-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Hey I don't respect any religion.
That is my right and If I see them do wrongs it is my right to speak out against those religions.
If they just kept it all in their place of worship or home we wouldn't have any problems.
At least the Christians on here will not kill me for speaking out against their religion.
edit on 7-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Oh, I see, so that's why I see so much respect of Christians in the media?

Please!

Edit to add:

Either you mock everyone or you mock no one, but no one gets to be a special snowflake that gets to be respected while everyone else gets dragged through the mud.

edit on 7-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

That is all.

Why X out all religions?

It's what Stalin did while he was killing 50 million people.

Are you advocating against diversity?

Why not focus on the killers, and those who threaten to kill people over cartoons?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The only point I see to any of this is an outlet for getting your spite-filled, hateful jollies off.

Let's all find the most offensive pictures we can and post them online with the express purpose of pissing a select group of people off. What a noble endeavor. What a constructive way to express defiance.

Childish.

And what a joke, by the way. You want everyone to be clear how adamant you are in not allowing free speech to be manipulated by special interests, yet you allow your own government (and cultural establishment) to do it to you every day.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Makes perfect sense....

ETA: I must say I am not against the idea of posting the pictures to avenge the death of these poor people that lost their lives to these fanatics.

I am actually against radicals not religions themselves. If radical Islam wants to coexist with other people they need to stand in mass and root these people out. But sadly they turn a blind appeasing eye time after time.

The non radical people are tired of this crap. They try and make other people conform and this is the cold hard truth. If it was Christians doing this crap I would be saying the same exact things.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Please!

Edit to add:

Either you mock everyone or you mock no one, but no one gets to be a special snowflake that gets to be respected while everyone else gets dragged through the mud.

Most of you simply look to it from a Western point of view, and by so think we can mock everything, but they aren`t....so what you do is force your Western point of things at them.

How many people who aren`t Christians flip out when a Christian tries to force his believes on them?

Well, you`re doing the exact same thing by forcing your Western moral on them by saying we can do that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Makes perfect sense....

That's because you've bought into a belief system or moral equivalency.

There is no moral equivalency here.

And it's not mocking a religion. It's giving the finger to those who demand we do what they tell us, and have killed those who didn't obey their orders.

It's telling them to go F**k themselves.

That''s what it's doing. It's not mocking them.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

This poster does not get the greater issue this is not about religions it is about freedom and liberty. Radical Islam does not believe in liberty or freedom and that is why they try and make others conform.

This is about freedom of speech and it is the radicals who made this about religion.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

originally posted by: ketsuko

Please!

Edit to add:

Most of you simply look to it from a Western point of view, and by so think we can mock everything, but they aren`t....so what you do is force your Western point of things at them.

How many people who aren`t Christians flip out when a Christian tries to force his believes on them?

Well, you`re doing the exact same thing by forcing your Western moral on them by saying we can do that.

Are you f**Ing serious?

Living in my own morality is not forcing anybody to do anything. It's not forcing my morality on lunatics because I choose to live and express myself and they hate me for it.

Jesus Chirst.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Isn't there a better way to get a point across than the bucket challenge? I kind of wonder what the people in other countries think of our crazy ideas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join