It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else scared to Astral Project?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I hope people won't mind this post.

I have only briefly had a OBE when I was attacked in bed and ended up shooting out from my body. I got scared when I looked back and saw my body lying I'm bed. I made myself go back to my body hen spent the rest of he night figuring out what had happened.

I had never thought of trying again until yesterday when I heard about Lucid Dreaming, I decided that I would read more about it on here and while reading a post I noticed someone comment about when they nap they noticed that they would get like a buzzing sensation in their head and feel vibrations, and this signalled they were about to astral travel.
Everytime I nap I get this sensation which terrified me, so I would shake it off and sit up. After reading this I decided to experiment today and try to contine past the buzzing.

About an hour ago I decided to have a nap, and as usual the buzzing and vibrations started. Instead of shaking it off I thought I would let it happen. Then I heard this sort of whooshing sound and felt a tug on my body (felt like how I imagine being sucked out of a plane felt like) but then I panicked and before I could go any further I pulled out of it again and woke up.

Am I the one who panics? I am very spiritual and this is the first time I have got to this stage by choice.

What would happen if I didn't stop it at this point? If I could get any advice I would really appreciate.

Thankyou for reading!
edit on 29/12/14 by avvie because: (no reason given)

Another thing I have noticed is I only get the vibrations when I have a nap in the day. I take an anti-depressant at night to help me sleep and never get the vibrations at night. Does the tablets block the ability? Will this also mean I cannot Lucid Dream on these tablets? If so I may try again tonight but not take the tablet.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

edit on 29-12-2014 by CraftBuilder because: its no longer relevant now that the OP fixed the thread.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

edit on 29/12/14 by EnigmaAgent because: Thread changed and became complete.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Haha sorry, iPad decided to post just that! Edited now

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: avvie

Projecting for many many years.. .no worries.. .you just need to learn control.

PS...you appear to be a natural.. .the easiest to learn control.. ..message me privately if you hve questions.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Not scared but it's pointless to try as it doesn't work. None of these things exist outside the mind and there is no evidence to the contrary.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Projecting for many many years.. .no worries.. .you just need to learn control.

PS...you appear to be a natural.. .the easiest to learn control.. ..message me privately if you hve questions.

Thankyou, what is the next step after feeling being pulled up?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm still scared to look down when I astral project. So in order to get up and out of my body and outside of my own room, I have to always look up. Once I get outside, I stare at the moon and backstroke my way up. Because as soon as I look down, I return to my body with a violent thud. To return, I have to float back down softly, like a feather to reenter my body without the jarring, still always looking up.

The only time I can look down without falling back down to earth, is if I make it outside of our stratosphere and I'm floating in space and looking down at the whole of the Earth with an overview effect.

So I've been working on bi-location with Astral travel and trying to get to different points on Earth. Such as, visiting the pyramids in Giza. I imagine myself as the "Flash" and travel the distances on foot, rather than flying, and zoom across bodies of water with speed rather than flying. As though I'm my own speed boat.

The vibrations in separating from my body are much more tolerable for me, than in returning to my body. I've always had more difficulty in getting back into my body without fear, than the other way around.

CdT

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

The vibrations are very intense for me, I always thought something was wrong until I saw a post on here and things started to add up. I also used to feel like I was somersaulting in bed while asleep and found out that this was another symptom of astral projection.

The one time I did it accidently, I looked straight back at my body and instantly returned, but I guess I'm more scared that if I project voluntarily, I may not be able to get back.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I believe my latest OBE pushed/placed me higher and further from my body and the Earth than ever before, which caused great fear within in me. The fear, I believe, stems from my desire to explore the universe extensively - to go further and stay away longer - and that I would not be able to return to my body after a long while because the body would be wasted away. So, I will remain close to home, OBE speaking. Just curious, has anyone's OBE lasted for more than three days?
edit on 29-12-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Can an OBE last longer then a few hours?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: avvie
a reply to: InTheLight

Can an OBE last longer then a few hours?

I did hear of a Shaman that meditated/astral projected (in unison) and he said he was lost for almost three days...he said he could not find his way home, but ultimately did, but he did not understand, at the time, how he found his way back. I expect that experience would take a great deal of soul searching to explain.

So, I would be very cautious, especially if these experiences come naturally, which it does for me.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You are definitely on the verge of astral projection. So when I get the whooshing buzzing vibrating electricity feeling you allow that feeling to over come your whole body. Try to increase the vibrations, the pitch in your head my increase too, you might feel like your physical body is vibrating violently or your head is throbbing super hard. Don't be afraid of this, it is completely normal, I have had so many violent feeling vibrations previously to astral projecting to the point where I intentionally snap out of it just to make sure my brain or body is ok. It always is completely fine.

So increase the vibrations to the point where it feels very intense. Usually it your soul will just pop right out after that, if not try to make a mental motion of flying or rolling or sliding out of your body.

Fear is the number one thing that holds people back, so don't be afraid, I've had over 300 OBE's and never had any health problems from them.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Another thing, your fully leaving your body. Basically everything in our physical reality is our mind, it expands past your body and creates your surroundings. Astral projection is allowing your minds focal point to travel beyond the limit of your physical body. You are technically still in your body, your focal point of consciousness has changed though.

It is possible to astral project while awake and have your physical body doing your daily things while your mind is traveling the astral planes.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
Another thing, your fully leaving your body. Basically everything in our physical reality is our mind, it expands past your body and creates your surroundings. Astral projection is allowing your minds focal point to travel beyond the limit of your physical body. You are technically still in your body, your focal point of consciousness has changed though.

It is possible to astral project while awake and have your physical body doing your daily things while your mind is traveling the astral planes.

Could that be something akin to daydreaming? I was always scolded as a child for daydreaming, where I would take fantastical adventurous journeys.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

I'm going to try it again tonight in bed and try not to panic. I went s bit further then normal today so I'm going to take it one step at a time and push it a bit more tonight.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

If you would have let the sensations continue, you would have either:
1. Found yourself having a conscious projection (what everyone who attempts this hopes for).
OR
2. You would have lost conscious (aka forget that you had an experience, or forget where you went).
OR
3. Maybe made it partially out, and then back into your body.

I'm somewhat natural myself, so my only advice to you is to ride them out as best as possible; it's an amazing feeling knowing that you made it past that stage.

To make you feel better though, the wackiest experience I had was that I found myself in the perfect state of mind for projection; the vibrations came on quite nicely, and then it quickly got interesting. Imagine you lying on a 45-degree angle in your bed (in other words, slightly propped up), and then someone suddenly making the room pitch black, strapping you to the bed in that position, and flipping the bed upside down so you are looking down at the floor. And if that madness wasn't enough, then raising the mattress off the ground, and spinning you in a huge circle while the bed is still spinning. I was soo disappointed when that didn't end with an experience.

-fossilera

PS: Contrary to popular belief, you can't be harmed in a projection; I've had hundreds, and I'm obviously still here. There are entities out there that will bother you, but only if you let them.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: avvie

Am I the one who panics? I am very spiritual and this is the first time I have got to this stage by choice.

What would happen if I didn't stop it at this point? If I could get any advice I would really appreciate.

Thankyou for reading!

Another thing I have noticed is I only get the vibrations when I have a nap in the day. I take an anti-depressant at night to help me sleep and never get the vibrations at night. Does the tablets block the ability? Will this also mean I cannot Lucid Dream on these tablets? If so I may try again tonight but not take the tablet.

You are not the only one that panics, even veterans of OBE's sometimes get off balance. In the beginning getting past those vibes is tough, or not easy to get used to.

Being in a calm state both physically and mentally really helps this process to run smoother. My first OBE years ago scared the crap out of me. lol

Here's a thread on my experience.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think practice makes perfect with OBE's, but rather a combination of a calm state of being, and feeling safe.

Fear is the number one thing to hold people down, or back from OBE"s, get past the fear stage and the universe is yours.

Peace,

RT

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I already these experiences at a early age even from a teen age. So i am not scared but yeah its a bit scary at the first few times because you dont know where you are.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Share your secrets. I would love to believe in it. What does one do to prepare and how do we go about getting that experience? I could say, prove it but I'll keep an open mind to further the discussion. I ever find out this is real, I'll take off and never return. I'll see you in the center of the galaxy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join