It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Received a New Message from "Hackers"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
CNN has apparently obtained a copy of an email sent to Sony execs last night from somebody identifying himself as the leader of what is assumed to be the group behind the break-in and release of movies and emails from Sony computers.

From CNN Money:

The hacker message is effectively a victory lap, telling the studio, "Now we want you never let the movie released, distributed or leaked in any form of, for instance, DVD or piracy."

The message also says, "And we want everything related to the movie, including its trailers, as well as its full version down from any website hosting them immediately."

It warns the studio executives that "we still have your private and sensitive data" and claims that they will "ensure the security of your data unless you make additional trouble."

This is what happens when you cave to the demands of extortionists. Inspired by their success, they will continue to make new threats and demands. Congratulations Sony, you've laid yourself over a barrel.
edit on 2014-12-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yep, you nailed it.

If I was SONY I would have that movie EVERYWHERE, Netflix, YOUTUBE, CBS, and The Home and Garden Channel.

Our new slogan would be "SONY, because F KimJong ,that's why" in 50 ft letters in Times Square for the world to see.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
They must have some really good dirt on sony, the next demand will be for money.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Still wondering if it's NK.

Not so sure.

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Maybe, maybe not

Would make a great movie plot though...

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So what movie will north Korea allow me to watch this weekend? Why doesn't the big cheese obama tell son of dear leader where to stick their opinions about American movies? Smh..

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sky news are now showing on their breaking news bottom banner "u.s officals have told sky news that an investigation has found that north korea was responsible for the hacking". The plot thickens!!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sony hasn't put out a good movie in years.

This is the best advertising they could possibly buy.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am somewhat concerned about this, but my main concern is that a group of hackers, from anywhere (it matters not where) have managed to circumvent and curtail a companies right to freedom of expression, or the rights of the actors, directors, producers and financiers of this movie for that matter.

I could not give a God damn that data has been stolen from Sony, and I really could not possibly care less what happens to it. But this movie HAS to come out, as a matter of principle now, more than anything else. I am sure it would have been a total shambles of a film anyway, and I would not have paid to see it, but I damned well will now, if indeed it ever sees the light of day.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Yep, you nailed it.

If I was SONY I would have that movie EVERYWHERE, Netflix, YOUTUBE, CBS, and The Home and Garden Channel.

Our new slogan would be "SONY, because F KimJong ,that's why" in 50 ft letters in Times Square for the world to see.

I agree 100%

STM

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
We've all seen statements by NK before.

The rhythm is wrong, the wording is far too western.. no mention of "supreme leader" or any other commonly used rhetoric we are so very used to seeing with a North Korean statement.

This attack comes not from NK, but from another source trying to inflame all sides into a shooting match, be it political or physical.

We are being duped.. but it's not by Sony, it's not by NK, it stinks of Western intervention and shady darknet trolls.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: jude11

Maybe, maybe not

Would make a great movie plot though...

Just can't help thinking the US is somehow behind it. A virtual false flag of sorts.

The only point that holds me back from that is China will not allow NK to be boarded. Right on its border? Not a chance.

Or is this China setting up NK for a Chinese invasion to get rid of Kimmy and take the land closer to SK and Japan? One step closer to the US as well. All the time telling the US that they are backing up the US from NK terrorists?

Wild? Yup.

Out of the realm of possibilities? Is that even possible anymore?

Peace

edit on 19-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
shady darknet trolls.

I resemble that remark

Leaked footage from not to be released film...

link   
a reply to: abe froman

Unless the information they have is more valuable or condemning which could implicate criminal charges not only at Sony but possibly political figures.

This is really interesting to watch as it pans out. TO BAD the movie wasn't done by Universal Pictures (COMCAST) so its executive could get a taste of how their customers feel.

link   
a reply to: Xarian6

Yeah, the evidence is flimsy that North Korea is even behind this.

Also, it appears as if it was blessed as propaganda by the government and RAND.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yup, that's exactly what I'd do. They got nothing to lose now I they do, The best thing they could do now is give a middle finger salute and as you said, flood the market with this movie.
The public is getting sick of this and what ever they have on Sony I feel the public outrage would be minimal in the big picture. I wasn't going to see this movie, but if it's released, yeah, I'll either buy or go see it.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

never should have caved in.
figures something like this would happen.

sony needs to shotgun this movie all over. theaters, torrent sites, full version on youtube, netflix
as many digital copies int he wild as possible.

my daughter is watching the boxtrolls now.
i hope that is ok with NK.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

Yup, that's exactly what I'd do. They got nothing to lose now I they do, The best thing they could do now is give a middle finger salute and as you said, flood the market with this movie.
The public is getting sick of this and what ever they have on Sony I feel the public outrage would be minimal in the big picture. I wasn't going to see this movie, but if it's released, yeah, I'll either buy or go see it.

It will be leaked long before that.

Believe it.

Peace

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Because like so many I am seeing are too stupid to realize that SONY is a Japanese company not an Ameican governmental body. Obama, as much as you would like to blame him, has no control over the actions of a Japanese company. Just another right wing fail.

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join