It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Received a New Message from "Hackers"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit
Well I'm going to have to go against the grain here...

I don't think a film like this should be made.

A fictional plot, ok cool... but it is a living person depicted... I just can't find an excuse for that.

I mean, if you were to put 'lets kill lil kim' on Twitface, you'd probably have your account closed and be be monitored at best, locked up at worse.

I mean a joke is a joke, but isn't this over stepping the mark a little?

...oh, and no, I'm not the over-sensitive type. People should have freedom of expression sure...

I'm just not comfortable with it being aimed at a living person.. whomever that is.. Isn't that why all major films have that disclaimer at the end?

What if North Korea made a movie mocking Obama for being black and killing him at the end.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Sorry, you're right. I'm technically still American myself so I can't really generalize like that. It just struck a nerve when someone accuses people I live and work next to every day of somehow spearheading a conspiracy to make a dumb movie just to piss of NK and make them attack america.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

I enjoyed the last part. Say F* to them sony: free movie!

But I guess since that would imply all the actors have to be okay with all their infos released, it won't happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If you're going to make claims like "Japan used this movie to get back at NK", you're gonna need some proof there, buddy.

If the U.S. sends people to NK to fight over a MOVIE, the first people I'd be questioning is the U.S. That would be a gloriously stupid move.

So if NK gets sanctioned for their retaliatory cyber bombing, then in turn lights up the 38th parallel with artillery you are going to go say stop it was only a movie? Things can escalate quickly over just a movie to the point where the movie doesn't matter anymore.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yeah things can escalate, but point blame where it belongs.

This was in no way Japan's fault.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What if Sony was just pretending they were going to pull the movie to appease and stall the "terror" plans?

Then they go ahead and release it as scheduled. Could happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vaedur

A fictional plot, ok cool... but it is a living person depicted... I just can't find an excuse for that.

I mean, if you were to put 'lets kill lil kim' on Twitface, you'd probably have your account closed and be be monitored at best, locked up at worse.

...oh, and no, I'm not the over-sensitive type. People should have freedom of expression sure...

I'm just not comfortable with it being aimed at a living person.. whomever that is.. Isn't that why all major films have that disclaimer at the end?

What if North Korea made a movie mocking Obama for being black and killing him at the end.
That would be wrong also.

Have they done so? I genuinely don't know.

What exactly is your point?

To target a living person, whomever it may be... is that not a form of bullying? Aren't we better than that?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yeah things can escalate, but point blame where it belongs.

This was in no way Japan's fault.

Japan's Sony corporation has ultimate responsibility for their affiliates. Honor is highly regarded in Japan, I doubt they don't review every microscopic detail what their US branch is doing in their name, and can pull the plug at any time.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

Americans are free to to, and do mock the president for everything from being black to having big ears. Have you seen the YouTubes?

At any rate, North Korea already has a "wet dream" propaganda piece that airs regularly on their one station, state sponsored TV, of a nuclear strike on America, and it's not meant to be funny either.

Remember That Time North Korea ‘Nuked’ America and No One Cared?

(Originally posted by NEO)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

A very American way of thinking, sadly.

Japan had nothing to do with this, get over it. This is America's problem. Stop pointing fingers and deal with it.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Still wondering if it's NK.

Not so sure.

Peace

It's not NK. It's surrogates from China or Russia (or an attack from a disgruntled SONY insider) doing this. NK doesn't even have the technological know-how to keep their country lit after dark. Did you ever see night time satellite images of earth? Their country is always dark. Plus the spelling and grammar of the threats is too good.
edit on 19-12-2014 by UnBreakable because: It figures. I spelled 'spelling' wrong the first time.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

A very American way of thinking, sadly.

Japan had nothing to do with this, get over it. This is America's problem. Stop pointing fingers and deal with it.

Nope, Sony is not a corporation that is American.

Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan

Their words not mine Link

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Then in February 1960, Sony Corporation of America (SONAM) was established to oversee Sony's marketing activities in the United States by "doing business with Americans like an American company." This was something that no other Japanese electronics corporation had dared to attempt. Many doubted that a company specializing in transistor radios and other electronics products, as opposed to a general trading company, could deal successfully without an agent's assistance.
www.sony.net...

Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment Inc., and Sony/ATV Music Publishing. Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $88.7 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008, and it employs 180,500 people worldwide. Sony’s consolidated sales in the U.S. for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008 were $29 billion.
en.wikipedia.org...

Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, Sony Network Entertainment International LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, and Sony Online Entertainment LLC.
www.sony.com...

Sony Corporation of America is an American corporation.

edit on 19-12-2014 by windword because: added content

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vaedur

That would be wrong also.

Have they done so? I genuinely don't know.

What exactly is your point?

To target a living person, whomever it may be... is that not a form of bullying? Aren't we better than that?

Ofcourse they are pissed off is my point. They have a right to be.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here is a message to Sony from GOP posted about 24 hours ago.

This is GOP. You have suffered through enough threats. We lift the ban. The Interview may release now. But be carful. September 11 may happen again if you don't comply with the rules. Rule #1: no death scene of Kim Jong Un being too happy Rule #2: do not test us again Rule #3: if you make anything else, we will be here ready to fight This is Guardians Of Peace.

So they want the last scene cut I guess.

The FBI have been blaming everyone from China to Russia and even Iran maybe

Sounds like they don't really know.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Then in February 1960, Sony Corporation of America (SONAM) was established to oversee Sony's marketing activities in the United States by "doing business with Americans like an American company." This was something that no other Japanese electronics corporation had dared to attempt. Many doubted that a company specializing in transistor radios and other electronics products, as opposed to a general trading company, could deal successfully without an agent's assistance.
www.sony.net...

Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment Inc., and Sony/ATV Music Publishing. Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $88.7 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008, and it employs 180,500 people worldwide. Sony’s consolidated sales in the U.S. for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2008 were $29 billion.
en.wikipedia.org...

Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, Sony Network Entertainment International LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, and Sony Online Entertainment LLC.
www.sony.com...

Sony Corporation of America is an American corporation.

"Like an American company" is not an American company. Tangerines are like oranges too.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Sony Corporation of America is LEGALLY an American corporation. It pays American taxes, gives it's employee American money, speaks English in it's boardroom, and produces AMERICAN movies.

Walks like duck, you know the rest.

You're stretching for a person to blame where there isn't one. You wanna blame someone? Blame Dan Sterling (Boy that sounds like an American name, funny that) because he wrote the screenplay.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Sony Corporation of America is LEGALLY an American corporation. It pays American taxes, gives it's employee American money, speaks English in it's boardroom, and produces AMERICAN movies.

Walks like duck, you know the rest.

You're stretching for a person to blame where there isn't one. You wanna blame someone? Blame Dan Sterling (Boy that sounds like an American name, funny that) because he wrote the screenplay.

Final authority rests in Tokyo Japan. Cut and dry.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Sony Corporation of American is an American company. Cut and Dry.

It's obvious you're trolling me because I live in Japan. I'll stop feeding you now.
edit on 19-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: grammar

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Sony Corporation of American is an American company. Cut and Dry.

It's obvious you're trolling me because I live in Japan. I'll stop feeding you now.

Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan

They state it is only a headquarters of Sony Corporation that is based in Tokyo Japan.
You are trolling yourself if you cannot read their own statement.

Final authority is in Tokyo Japan. Go ask them. I don't need to, I can read their statement and understand it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join