It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the middle class or higher. When you cut your fingernails ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hahahaha! I never even thought about this stuff. If you clip them in any room, as long as you sweep or vacume there is no problem.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

When I think of somebody meticulously trimming their nails, ensuring none of the clipping go anywhere except exactly where they demand they go, I think of a serial killer.

I know the skill set for making ruthlessly sound financial decisions and killing people aren't always the same but they share some qualities, for sure.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
a reply to: notmyrealname

I wish I had a master bathroom.

It is just a politically correct term for the place that I, erm… bate.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
stick your finger in a bowl of water,the water will stop the clipping from flying anywhere.When you`re done you can dump the water and clippings in the toilet or out in your garden.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Go outside.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Interesting sociological question.

In the summer the nail salon takes care of my clippings. Guess that makes me middle class? Well, probably not, I know of a lot of women who are not in the middle class who frequent nail salons.

In the winter I clip fingernails over the sink and toenails over the tub, then I pick up as many clippings as possible and toss them in the trash, the rest I rinse down the drain.

I'm not sure basic hygiene is a matter of socioeconomic class, maybe a matter of personal "class", as in personal refinement and care for one's environment. There are plenty of upper class total slobs with no real class and plenty of lower class neat freaks with lots of personal class.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Totally keep my nails clipped, but I prefer scissors over clippers. Though the clippers are great for the surrounding skin to trim.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ugh!

My hubby does this, it's disgusting. I make him clean tbe drain. Use the dang trash can!

Anyways, @ the OP...seriously? You view this as a socio-economic issue? LoL!

It's a hygiene/manners thing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join