It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the middle class or higher. When you cut your fingernails ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I cut my fingernails quite regularly because I used to bite them. The cutting removes the possibility of the chewing. And because of the regularity of the cutting, when I cut my fingernails, it's only quite little pieces of fingernail that go flying off into space and then who know where. The floor, the coffee table?

I am not that concerned with having an immaculate environment. Maybe I'm wrong, but based on my viewing of homes on tv showing healthy income people, these people are much more concerned with stray bits of finger nails landing on the floor or the coffee table.

Am I wrong?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Use the sink.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
My sink clogs a lot.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

With this response, I am getting a bit personal here but, hey why heck not? After all, if you read someone's posts here you will be able to tell the socio-economics, lifestyles, preferences and pre-dispositions on a great many things of the posters (kinda like Faceb00K but for a more intelligent and rambunctious audience). So:

To answer your question, I usually cut my fingernails when I am in the master bathroom over the closed sink. However sometimes when I am feeling naughty, I will cut them when in the tub soaking. Once in a while I will sit with a cup of espresso outside in the greenery and cut there as well.

Hope that helps….

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

I wish I had a master bathroom.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
use drain cleaner.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I cut mine before using the vacuum cleaner.

Seems appropriate.

P

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Here...

Go to Walmart and get a pair of clippers that catch the clippings as you cut them (yes the exist and yes they work). They are only a couple of bucks.

You can thank me later.

'Tis the season and all that junk...

originally posted by: droid56
a reply to: notmyrealname

I wish I had a master bathroom.

If it's the only bathroom you have then it is... The master bathroom.

edit on 12/16/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Use a file not a clipper?...and if it's the wealthy you're looking for answers from, they go to nail salons and have people that do that for them. Therefore no clippings on their own floor.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
..when I cut my fingernails, it's only quite little pieces of fingernail that go flying off into space and then who know where. The floor, the coffee table?

I am not that concerned with having an immaculate environment. Maybe I'm wrong, but based on my viewing of homes on tv showing healthy income people, these people are much more concerned with stray bits of finger nails landing on the floor or the coffee table.

Am I wrong?

For starters, what you see on TV does not reflect reality. --Thats my favorite TV-quote.

Second, how come cutting your nails to your environment could be Wrong? You could s##t all over your environment, it up to you how you want to live, and what you want your local environment to be/feel like.

I feel sh1tty around sh1t, and good when i'm clean and my environment is clean. Personally i don't think that mid-class or higher makes any difference, we're all humans. Some are dirtier, some are cleaner.

Funny thought sprung up; when my inner world is messed up, i take action and start cleaning my external world. Funnily enough, it works like a magic.

edit on 12America/Chicago1212America/Chicago1201 by menneni because: less than OR more than characters break the HTML. >< Funny, never happened before.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I cut them wherever I feel like it. In the summer I cut them outside. It's not like I'm cutting off big pieces.i don't have long nails. If I am then I pick that up. The tiny pieces who cares. If I chew I piece off I spit it out and don't care where it lands. I'm the one cleaning the house anyways and I vacuum often. I'm very clean but little pieces of fingernails? Who cares. It's not like I do it at the kitchen table or anything, it's not a big operation for me it's one nail that's bugging me and I have to give it a quick trim. Mostly my nails self cut , they just break off. If you have healthy thick nails then maybe it's big pieces. Mine are tiny flecks and I don't care. I can't even find where it landed.

Didn't know it had anything to do with income, I don't watch those silly shows.
edit on 16-12-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I doubt these people even clean their own homes, much less do their own nails. They're lazy.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Most people don't get rich or middle class by being lazy

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I'm agreeing with Xeunchen. Brrrr ;P

But put the plug in the sink first, then it wont block. Provided you take the clippings out and stick them in the bin and stuff.

And don't forget to empty the bin every now and then too

You've probs got dishes that need washing too. Don't forget those either

ETA: it's not all bad news though, if your sink is by the toilet like mine, you can sit on the loo, take a crap and cut your nails all at the same time. Top tip that, you're welcome

edit on 16-12-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I go outside or to the garage, 99% of time. I hate seeing the result or stepping on.. I guess you could add the thought of too. Lol.

The sink does not guarantee proper containment, ewe

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I didn't get to where i am today by being a lazy working-class oik and letting my toe-nail clippings get all over my expensive Turkish rug!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I'll ask my personal assistant what they do with the clippings and have my publicist get back to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I just cut them over the trash can...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
At the risk of TMI ... I just clip finger and toe nails over the toilet. They go in or hit the rim and bounce back. Then flush. No spending money on a product and no problem.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I have no idea why you have asked the question only of a certain demographic. Everyone who has fingers and does not trim the nails with their teeth, either has really long nails, or has to get rid of them periodically, whether they are living in squalor or living the high life!

Personally speaking, I have a little nail clipper thing, with a fold out file. I use it fairly regularly because it makes for a better sound and ease of playing when I pick up my bass, and also prevents me from splitting a nail when working at my job. Since most of my work is very manual, it is necessary to prevent any injury to my fingers as much as possible, since they do the work that earns money for the company. The shape of the clipper forces the clippings away from the fingernail itself, and toward the palm of the hand which holds the clipper. Also, because the clipper is quite old, and because I am careful, the clippings tend to snag on the blade, rather than flying off. This means that after each clipping, I simply turn the clipper on its side, and tap it against an ashtray. Once all the clippings have been collected, I dispense with the remains, along with any cigarette butts that might be present.

I am neither middle, nor upper class. I am a working stiff, just a regular working class lad. However, that does not mean that I am incapable of having or enforcing standards

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join