It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 5 White Rhinos Left on Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

I read that on an acre of rural land there's nearly a billion insects. Maybe they meant in the summer at the peak of insect season?

Ants eating a beetle for food and displaying it for whatever reasons doesn't compare, I agree. Also, the insects balance themselves out. With rhinos v humans, the humans win.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Hoo Haa!

You pose an honest and
valid question.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

proob4,

what is with the foolish remarks?
We all know you are smarter than that.

Playing Devil's Advocate this evening are we?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
You mentioned that concerning White Rhinos that there is:

"Nothing about them that helped The World".
Hhhmmnnn.

What have You or "We" done to "Help The World"?

More importantly, Who is to be The Judge of The World
and all its Species?
Regarding the definition of what "Help the World" actually
means specifically,please by all means, Enlighten Me.

With Disrespect, I feel You have no concept of the Uniqueness
of a life form, nor the intelligence to plan the future other than
by the reflection of your own face in the mirror each morning.

You do whats best for you, and # the lot.
Well, some of us see where that mentality is leading to.
It is called Extinction.
To be clear, this will not result in our extinction, but yours.
S A V V Y ?
edit on 15-12-2014 by Wildmanimal because: add line

edit on 15-12-2014 by Wildmanimal because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2014 by Wildmanimal because: Add Line

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Countless species have perished from the face of the earth. But each death gives rise to a new species. Perhaps we shall in our lifetimes witness the genesis of a new species of animal.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: greenday1978
Countless species have perished from the face of the earth. But each death gives rise to a new species. Perhaps we shall in our lifetimes witness the genesis of a new species of animal.
i doubt it...we will wipe ourselfs out and most of the rest before that happens.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: greenday1978

I agree but in this case we're bringing them to extinction. Same thing with the buffaloes (we're helping them now luckily). The dodo and many other species of fauna and flora.

Something tells me if man didn't exist the white rhino most likely would still be here.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

That may be so,
but there are not any mammals of this
caliper being "newly discovered'".

In fact, besides a few marsupial and
small mammals, most "New Species"
are only variations on a theme.
Link:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Keep it real folks. Once they are gone, they are gone forever.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

That is highly unlikely.

I would give exception to Artificial Intelligence
and man made bio-genetically altered life forms.

Both of which contain inherent problems of their own.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I m starting to believe than it is man that is the alien to this earth and the poor animals are the custodians of the planet. We are the invaders.

How we got here who the hell knows but the day we hit the planet was a sad day for the world

Think about it why we are the only species that walks around with a coat in the winter

Did you ever see an animal with a mink coat on or a fox hat to stay warm?

NO,
Animals don’t need those things

That’s why it may be that WE ARE THE ALIENS

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well there are certainly a great deal
of unanswered questions.

I will venture that the general public is clueless.

As far as that is concerned, I am as clueless
as the next human being regarding certain subject matter.

But I can groove with a pict.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Forgive me for this is off topic a bit but it dawns on me that it is weird humans are the ONLY animals that need clothes!

Can anybody tell me why only humans need clothes...and humans are the only species that needs garb to keep warm.

Has their ever been an animal with clothes?

Has anyone ever seen a bear with in a trench coat?

Maybe that's why were killing everything

boards.straightdope.com...
I did a search but, amazingly, I can't find this question having been asked before. And yet the more you think about it, the weirder it gets. All animals are perfectly adapted to their environment. Even animals that live in cold climates don't take to wearing clothes - polar bears, penguins etc. So humans must once have also been perfectly adapted to their environment and therefore didn't need clothes. So they must have made some kind of conscious decision, at some point, to adopt the wearing of clothing. When did they make this decision? The Naked Ape by Desmond Morris, the respected Zoologist, suggests that we did have fur when we lived in the forests but when we came out of the forests and moved onto the hot plains we lost our fur. This is because when you live on the plains you suddenly have to compete for food with the ultra-fast big cats. So the need for speed was greater.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Forgive me for this is off topic a bit but it dawns on me that it is weird humans are the ONLY animals that need clothes!

Can anybody tell me why only humans need clothes...and humans are the only species that needs garb to keep warm.

Has their ever been an animal with clothes?

Has anyone ever seen a bear with in a trench coat?

Maybe that's why were killing everything

boards.straightdope.com...
I did a search but, amazingly, I can't find this question having been asked before. And yet the more you think about it, the weirder it gets. All animals are perfectly adapted to their environment. Even animals that live in cold climates don't take to wearing clothes - polar bears, penguins etc. So humans must once have also been perfectly adapted to their environment and therefore didn't need clothes. So they must have made some kind of conscious decision, at some point, to adopt the wearing of clothing. When did they make this decision? The Naked Ape by Desmond Morris, the respected Zoologist, suggests that we did have fur when we lived in the forests but when we came out of the forests and moved onto the hot plains we lost our fur. This is because when you live on the plains you suddenly have to compete for food with the ultra-fast big cats. So the need for speed was greater.
thats a very good point,where did we say oh holy crap its cold lets kill that animal for its fur cause thats what we should do to keep warm?probably should be started on another post but its a good question.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: haven123

Still be the same amount of humans if not more in a decade. Clean water sources however will be dwindling away to nothing. Better hope desalination technology matures rather sharpish.

white humans i was meaning not just humans...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What does humanity have to do with this....? Even if there was 1000 left it wouldn't make a difference in our daily lives.....would it?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

thats very noble of you
, as i strongly suspect that none of those million sacrifices will be you

now a true test of your character -:

would you sacrifice one human to get 30 thousand white rhinos ?

obviously the one human will be you

still feeling noble ?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
use black rhinos as surrogate moms for in vitro fertilized embryos of white rhino male and females.
edit on 16-12-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

"WTF would they need with fire, anyway? Everything they need they have in the ocean, or had until humans came along. You could have picked elephants or just about any bird species, as well."

Fire or the ability to produce such is a requirement for any truly sentient technologically orientated species, its up there with the invention of the wheel and something that is nigh on impossible to achieve or produce in an underwater environment . Also i don't think birds have the correct brain to body ratio as say Dolphins or Humans. Elephants trunks allow them to manipulate the environment but i dont know about fine motor skills, there not the same as an opposable appendage such as our hands. Then again considering we clever Monkeys don't exactly have a complete understanding of the evolutionary process i suppose anything is possible given enough time and the correct environment to evolve. That being said fire significantly allows us to influence our environment and is an important factor regarding just about everything we produce or ever have produced.

edit on 16-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Well said, could not agree more!

Then again chance would be a fine thing indeed.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
God damn sensationalist thread.... thank you for making ATS dumber.

FACT

The White Rhino conservation effort is a HUGE success...........

Their numbers on a world scale are increasing and have been ever since the program started.
There are over 10.000 white rhinos left in the world. 100 years ago, there were some 50-200 left.

So do you bloody fact checking before posting sensationalist crap like this thread.
edit on 16-12-2014 by IWasHereEonsAgo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join