It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feast Forgotten

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent
Paul says that we are discharged from the written Law.
That means NO part of the written Law is an obligation.
Not circumcision.
Not tithes.
Not food laws.
Not Saturday sabbaths.
Not any of the other feast days.
Any Christian who begins scrabbling around in the Old Testament looking for statements which can be treated as obligations is falling into the same error as the Galatians.
If you are saying that the named feasts of the Old Testament are obligatory to Christians, then you are presenting the same kind of legalism that Paul was trying to fight.

Christian teaching has always been based upon the New Testament. We are understood to be living under a new covenant. That is the whole point.
What seems to be happening with modern fringe Christianity in America is that a focus on the Word (which is good in itself) leads into excessive literalism, and this then leads inexorably into Old Testament legalism.
Since they are not schooled sufficiently in the essence of New Testament teaching, they end up back in the middle of the legalistic morass from which Paul and Luther tried to rescue us.
We are no longer bound by the old written code. We are living in the new life of the Spirit.
Then, for heaven's sake, don't try to push people back into the slavery of the old written code.

edit on 9-12-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Let my start by saying this.

‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Now lets look at another NT verse on the law.

Luk 16:17 “And it is easier for the heaven and the earth to pass away than for one tittle of the Torah to fall.

Christians are today so far removed from the first Christians, which was still Jews, and followed the Laws, as they were commanded.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

And the 10 Commandments?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Although we are "discharged from the law", we are "living in the new life of the Spirit".
We continue to avoid things like theft, murder and adultery; not because the Law of Moses tells us to avoid them, but because the Holy Spirit tells us to avoid them.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentAgent
Christians are today so far removed from the first Christians, which was still Jews, and followed the Laws, as they were commanded.

And Paul specifically told the Gentile church that they must NOT submit to the commands of the Law.
Please read again, and understand, the epistle to the Galatians.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Paul also said:

"So there remains a Sabbath-keeping for the people of Elohim. For the one, having entered into His rest, has himself also rested from his works, as Elohim rested from His own. Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of disobedience."

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Since you believe the OT laws are to be obeyed...

Do you obey these ones?

From Leviticus:
No eating fat or blood. (3:17)
No eating animals that don't both chew cud and have a divided hoof. (11:4-7)
No eating or touching the carcass of any seafood without fins or scales. (11:13-19)
No mixing fabrics in clothing. (19:19)
No trimming your beard or cutting your hair at the sides. (19:27)
Always stand in the presence of the elderly. (19:32)

A fun one from Deuteronomy
Make tassels on all your garments (22:12)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nobody in modern times thinks that Paul wrote Hebrews. It has a different author. (You should really be giving references for your quotations, but fortunately I knew that one -Hebrews ch4 v9).
Obviously the "sabbath rest" mentioned in this passage is a metaphorical one, a future time of "rest" for God's people to experience in the presence of God.

The most important point is that we have no reason to think that the "obedience" he commends is obedience to the Law of Moses.
What he is doing is warning his readers against "falling away from the living God" (ch3 vv12).
And Hebrews, too, is a letter about the insufficiency of the Law and why the Law had to be superseded.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Psa 104:19 He made the moon for appointed times; The sun knows its going down.

That is because the moon stabilizes the earth's axis to keep the holy days in season. The may moon also have other functions related to the calender that Im currently looking into, but the new moon does not mark the Rosh Khodesh.

Lunisolar calendars require a 13th intercalary month every 2 to 3 years to keep the feasts from slipping out of season. You will never find a mention of a 13th month in the bible. I challenge you to look.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So lets see is I understand you correctly.

You are saying that Christians can go around killing, mutilating, stealing, and do whatever they want, without any consequences for their actions?

How then does this fit into that belief?

Mat 7:13,14 “Enter in through the narrow gate! Because the gate is wide – and the way is broad – that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in through it. “Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Luk 13:23-28 “Master, are there few who are being saved?” And He said to them, “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, because many, I say to you, shall seek to enter in and shall not be able. “When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Master, Master, open for us,’ and He shall answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ then you shall begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’
“But He shall say, ‘I say to you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of unrighteousness.’ “There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Aḇraham and Yitsḥaq and Yaʽaqoḇ and all the prophets in the reign of Elohim, and yourselves thrown outside

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You are saying that Christians can go around killing, mutilating, stealing, and do whatever they want, without any consequences for their actions?

You don't specify who this post is responding to.
if it's addressed to me, then I've already answered it.
We are no longer bound by the Law, but we ARE living in the new life of the Spirit.
"If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit"- Galatians ch5 v25
The Holy Spirit sets itself against all the things you mention above.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It was addressed to who ever what to comment.

And what if the Spirit tells us to keep the Feasts? What then? And how do we define what the Spirit's will is?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
He obviously did not tell the early Gentile church to keep the Feasts, because they didn't.
The fact that he did not tell the early church to do it is good enough for me.
And he is specifically, through the mouth of Paul, telling them NOT to submit to the practice of circumcision, and other rituals imposed by the law. I've already quoted the complaint "You observe days and months and seasons and years"!"

I really must repeat my recommendation to read through again the epistle to the Galatians and absorb its message, about the importance of NOT listening to any of the "false teachers" who are trying to talk them into submission to the Law and becoming part of "the present Jerusalem, who is in slavery with her children".
For us, as Christians "the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother" (Galatians ch4 vv25-26).
Do you want to be free, like a Christian, or do you want to march back into bondage and draw others back with you?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Disraeli is right, we as Church Age believers are discharged from the Law. Christ fulfilled the Law for us, and since we are unified in Christ, we share that fulfillment. That does not mean we just descent into immorality. Christ fulfilled the Law so that we could be free to serve a higher Law...the Law of Love.

The feasts dont need to be observed anymore, but there is a LOT to be learned from them. The feasts are the key to understanding prophecy.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I still don't get how these words "forever and everlasting" can be two different things.

They can't be both A and B. Does anyone think they may have been mistranslated somewhere or there were parts omitted?

Like these feasts will be observed always "forever and everlasting" where they omitted "until your savior says otherwise.

Is it possible there was a hiccup in the bible?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I still don't get how these words "forever and everlasting" can be two different things.

They can't be both A and B. Does anyone think they may have been mistranslated somewhere or there were parts omitted?

Like these feasts will be observed always "forever and everlasting" where they omitted "until your savior says otherwise.

Eternity,everlasting and forever are translated ....owlam In Hebrew and in Greek they are.... aion (eon)..both mean age lasting or an age.It does not mean infinite time.The religious definition is an extrapolation to fit a religious agenda.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I have mentioned this Feasts, the 7 feasts of Yahweh (Lord) in another thread, but decided to do my own thread about this. If you have not read my thread on Good Friday, then let me give you the conclusion.

The majority of Christians are celebrating the Crucifixion on the wrong day, because the Crucifixion could not have happened on Friday. Also a number of scholars have confirmed this in the past

The feast days were solely for the religious Israelites and the religious Jews co-opted and adapted it to their doctrines of men.They are completely meaningless.They have ZERO "magical spiritual" powers or properties.

Yes the Christians have many things wrong(...everything) most of which are gleaned from the doctrinal leaven of the pharisees,saducees and scribes.Everything they believe is a contradiction.They will say they do not "observe" feast days yet celebrate a sacrifice crucifixion and "Easter"(which is about as pagan as you can get) or Christmas etc etc....

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

Eternity,everlasting and forever are translated ....owlam In Hebrew and in Greek they are.... aion (eon)..both mean age lasting or an age.It does not mean infinite time.The religious definition is an extrapolation to fit a religious agenda.

So it is like a parable? It means what they need it to mean for the amount of time they want it to mean that.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

So it is like a parable? It means what they need it to mean for the amount of time they want it to mean that.

No it's not like a parable....those actually have a meaning the words that get twisted by the religious carnal mind have been made meaningless(void).They have taken a word like Hades(which means the realm of death and imperception) and made it into the most heinous religious doctrine ever conceived yet is completely a lie.It compels them to "say" I love you while desiring that you be tortured for eternity by their God.

It is the fatal symptom of religion called babel...the confusion of words where up is down and down is left and God is Love and the worst monster that ever existed.It is futile to try to reason with the religious carnal mind(satan) all that can be done is deny ignorance..That is the purpose for ATS...that's why they come here...to publish their ignorance "blog" for anyone to see yet they believe they are enlightening and "saving".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I'll give you a rather simple solution to your issue...

This so called god tends to say one thing and do another... So forever or ever lasting doesn't mean squat because this being does not have any concept of what the word means anyways...

the god of the OT was not God in any way shape or form...

These are man made laws... which are subject to mans folly

Simple

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join