It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feast Forgotten

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

There are many false ideas that Christianity have and you nailed it Plus keeping the Sabbath - which is on a Saturday and not on Sunday.

Sunday is the 1st day of the week not Monday. So to those who work on Saturdays are breaking the law of the Sabbath.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

the god of the OT was not God in any way shape or form...

And on what are you basing that on?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

There are many false ideas that Christianity have and you nailed it Plus keeping the Sabbath - which is on a Saturday and not on Sunday.

Sunday is the 1st day of the week not Monday. So to those who work on Saturdays are breaking the law of the Sabbath.

Catholic Records of London, Ontario Sept. 1, 1923.
"SUNDAY IS OUR (THE VATICAN'S) MARK OF AUTHORITY...THE CHURCH IS ABOVE THE BIBLE, AND THIS TRANSFERENCE OF SABBATH (FROM SATURDAY) OBSERVANCE IS PROOF OF THAT FACT."

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I am a Christian but not Catholic and I don't follow the Vatican teachings. The Vatican does not dictate rules and teachings to all Christians ONLY to the Catholics.
edit on 10-12-2014 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: IndependentAgent
Christians are today so far removed from the first Christians, which was still Jews, and followed the Laws, as they were commanded.

And Paul specifically told the Gentile church that they must NOT submit to the commands of the Law.
Please read again, and understand, the epistle to the Galatians.

"But now that you have come to know God...how can you turn back again to the weak and beggarly spirits, whose slaves you want to be once more? You observe days and months and seasons and years! I am afraid I have laboured over you in vain". Galatians ch4 vv9-10

Paul was saying they should not observe the feasts of other gods. He was not speaking about the Feasts of Yahweh. Actually, Paul also kept it, as you will see.

Let us look again at what scripture tells us.

Ezekiel 46:3 “And the people of the land shall also bow themselves at the entrance to this gate before יהוה, on the Sabbaths and on the New Moons. "

Ezekiel 44:24 “And they are to stand as judges in a dispute, and judge it according to My right-rulings. And they are to guard My Torot and My laws in all My appointed festivals, and set apart My Sabbaths.

And even looking back to the first Christians:

"The first Christians continued to observe the Jewish festivals [i.e. God's Festivals], though in a new spirit, as commemorations of events which those festivals had foreshadowed" ~ (Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th ed., vol. 8, p. 828).

"The preceding grammatical and syntactical investigation of the clause to de soma tou Christou [but the body of Christ] in Colossians 2:17 suggests that the practices mentioned in 2:16 are those of the Colossians Christians and not the opponents...Although the observance of neomenia [new moon] is less certain, early Christians observe both feasts and sabbaths." ~(Troy Martin, Journal of Biblical Literature)

And even Paul kept the feasts.

Act 20:16 "For Paul had decided to sail past Ephesos, so that he might lose no time in Asia, for he was hurrying to be at Yerushalayim, if possible, on the Day of the Festival of Weeks"

Act 18:20,21 "And when they asked him to stay a longer time with them, he declined, but took leave of them, saying, “I have to keep this coming festival in Yerushalayim by all means, but I shall come back to you, Elohim desiring so.” And he sailed from Ephesos."

Paul even said "Become imitators of me, as I also am of Messiah." 1Cor 11:1

And Yehoshau did keep the laws.

Mat 26:17 "And on the first day of Unleavened Bread the taught ones came to יהושע, saying to Him, “Where do You wish us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?” And He said, “Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, ‘The Teacher says, “My time is near. I am to observe the Passover at your house with My taught ones.” ’ ”

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

If anyone observes Sunday as the Sabbath, then they are, knowingly of not, under the Vatican rule. And I was not implying that you are Vatican of Catholic, was just giving the root of the Sunday Sabbath.
edit on 10-12-2014 by IndependentAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I, for one, believe that Christ himself had instructed us to keep the Passover, told here in Luke 22

14And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him. 15And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer: 16For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. 17And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: 18For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. 19And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you. 21But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table

This is a reminder of when the Angel of Yahuwah killed the firstborn of Mizraim (Egypt) setting free the captive Hebrews. It is no wonder that the world in general would wish that we as Christians dis-remember this event, for it shows that they are powerless before the might of Yahuwah

Many churches today have ritualized this feast, calling it 'communion' or 'Eucharist', eating and drinking it every month, going so far as (on occasion) ostracizing those who do not wish to participate in their tradition.

He is the Passover lamb,firstborn, without blemish, sacrificed for us, risen after 3days and 3 nights in the tomb, that we might live.

I just wish that the Calender wasn't so convoluted and bastardized so we would know the true days to celebrate the feasts, but even that was foretold in Daniel 7:25.

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Some will point out that this verse pertains to the Anti-Christ, and i would say you are correct. John told us that even then, the spirit of the anti christ was working in the churches. Anti-christ has been with us from the beginning of Christianity. He even told us how to identify them. 1 John 2: 18-23

18Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us. 20But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.e 21I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son. 23No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also

Those of you who do not wish to keep the feasts, do as you will.

Myself? I will strive to learn, know, and keep these feasts as they are Yahuwah's appointed days, not mans.

Thank you OP, for bringing this up.

Here are some instructional videos i have found concerning this subject.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The whole letter of Galatians is about the Christian relationship with the Law of Moses. That is the context. Paul would not have been talking about anything else. His compliant in this letter is that they are being seduced into observance of the Laws of Moses, which are new to them, and unnecessary. This complaint has to be part of that.

Paul would have used the same argument about Feasts that he uses about circumcision.
He says neither circumcision nor the lack of it are signficant in themselves ("Neither circumcision not uncircumcision is of any avail" Galatians ch 5 v6). There is nothing wrong with circumcision until it is imposed AS AN OBLIGATION, and then it becomes slavery.
Similarly, he would have seen no harm in celebrating the Feasts himself, because he was brought up to them, just as he was brought up circumcised.
But he would have seen a difference between celebrating them, as an act in itself, and having them newly imposed AS AN OBLIGATION. That's when it becomes subjection to the Law.

My understanding of your opening post is that you are saying Christians OUGHT to be celebrating these Feasts (these Feasts which are quite irrelevant to us, because they bear no relation to our own patterns of harvesting etc).
To me, that is imposing them as a new obligation.
That is exactly what Paul was complaining about, when he criticised the "false teachers".

I think I have already diagosed the problem. Excessive literalism being applied to the Old Testament and thereby developing into legalism, which Paul reognised as a curse tending towards the destruction of Faith.
I believe the root of the matter is that you have lost contact with the Spirit.
You are dwelling on "the letter of the written code", but you need to be reminded that "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life".
There is an urgent need for you to renew acquaintance with the Spirit, because everything that is written in Scripture will be "veiled" to you (2 Corinthians ch3 v15) until that happens.

edit on 10-12-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The Feasts are to be held in a new, spiritual way, both a remembrance of the old, and celebration of the new. We are commanded to worship in Spirit and in truth. That is what it is when you celebrate the Feast, but in a spiritual way.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: occrest

Thanks for the contribution

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Wow it is quite the can of worms that have been opened here.

Yes we are supposed to keep the feast times.

Yes we are bound by the 10 commandments and the law of GOD.

Yes there are many commands that can be found in the old testament that are not law and were temporary and some curses that are played out even today.

Even the curse of the garden of eden has not been overcome.

The feast all coincide with special times of the year that hold great power in the stars and can benefit mankind and self greatly if followed.

eta some say that thanksgiving is the true passover

edit on 10-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentAgent

originally posted by: Akragon

the god of the OT was not God in any way shape or form...

And on what are you basing that on?

Reading the bible many times and comparing the OT with the words of Jesus

give it a try... You'll likely find the same thing...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I have spent many years studding the Bible, numerous translations, and bibles from many religions. I can, without a doubt say that He is 'the same in the end, as He at the beginning'.

One of the only reasons people believe that there is two different gods, the one of the NT, and the one of the OT, is if they are the same, if there is only One Yahweh, One with both Forgiveness and Punishment, also Heaven and Hell, then that means that He will most likely punish those who willfully goes against His instructions, as He did in the OT, because there is still such a thing as accountability.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I have spent many years studding the Bible, numerous translations, and bibles from many religions. I can, without a doubt say that He is 'the same in the end, as He at the beginning'.

Then I can honestly say you either have a certain bias toward Christianity and its teaching from whatever church you may have attended... or you're simply not looking close enough

One of the only reasons people believe that there is two different gods, the one of the NT, and the one of the OT, is if they are the same,

That makes absolutely no sense...

and they are not the same in any sense of the word... One is the true God, one is either a false god or a creation of man... and in either case... NOT God

, if there is only One Yahweh, One with both Forgiveness and Punishment, also Heaven and Hell, then that means that He will most likely punish those who willfully goes against His instructions, as He did in the OT, because there is still such a thing as accountability.

Well first off... Hell is a fabrication of the church... it does not exist, at least in the sense that most Christians believe, which is directly from Dante... Even the word Gehenna (which is the word Jesus used) refers to a place outside the walls of Jerusalem... which by the way, was a garbage dump, where they dumped the bodies of people who could not afford a proper burial... They used sulphur to destroy the material in this place, which is where the writers of the bible got the imagery of "Eternal burning" because the fires burned constantly...

its nothing more then a fear based means of conversion... and its a lie... A loving merciful God would not torture his children

Second... the so called god of the OT does not forgive.... Does not love... even though that is its claim apparently.... He/she/it is a jealous wrathful tyrant who takes pleasure in human suffering...

Theres so many issues with the god of the OT that it would literally take me pages to go over everything with you... And in most cases its simply not worth my time...

Unfortunately many, IF not most are just like meant to see the truth of the matter, but people are slowly coming to this realisation more and more.... Christians are stuck in their delusion because they are afraid to go against what they've been taught their whole life... but IF they really wanted to they just need to look at the "fruit" Christianity produces so to speak...

You say you "were" Christian... why are you not any longer I wonder?

Jesus said know them by their fruit.... the OT and those that still believe in the books of it produce rotten fruit...

but things are how they must be... One will either realise the truth...

or they won't

edit on 10-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

its nothing more then a fear based means of conversion... and its a lie... A loving merciful God would not torture his children

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Which was what?

Accountability?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yup. If you believe Hell is fake, there is no sense of responsibility and accountability, so you can do whatever you want.

Just a small afterthought. If there is no Hell (or Hades), then what did Yehoshua do, where did He go after He died? If you say 'nowhere', then he did not defeat death, and there is no salvation. What are you with? Nothing!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yup. If you believe Hell is fake, there is no sense of responsibility and accountability, so you can do whatever you want.

Only to a Christian of course... In reality death isn't the end, this is confirmed by every single religion that ever existed... In fact it is the very core of religion... accountability is obvious...

So lets just dwell on this subject for a moment... Paul says Faith alone is what saves a man...

there is ZERO accountability in that theology... In fact that is the proverbial golden ticket to sin... Which has been used for millennia to commit atrocities all over the world in the name of God

Fortunately... Obviously... Paul did not know Jesus...

Jesus said specifically you will be held accountable for your deeds... Thus Faith plus works are required according to him

Just a small afterthought. If there is no Hell (or Hades), then what did Yehoshua do, where did He go after He died? If you say 'nowhere', then he did not defeat death, and there is no salvation. What are you with? Nothing!

Jesus did not go to hell.... that just silliness...

And just so you know... the apostles creed wasn't designed by the apostles, or anyone even close to them...

Yes I know all about "the sign of Jonah" that doesn't not mean Jesus went to hell...

And by the way thank you for helping me realise which issue you have... You have a Christianity bias...

Sadly those are the ones that usually can not find the truth behind the veil... sigh

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I'll pray for you, dear neighbor.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

LOL... Sounds good man

I can only point in the right direction...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join