It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect Had His Hands Up When Officers Opened Fire

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Really not sure why you're so confused dude. My posts about Tasers were to illustrate that Tasers are not God's gift to law enforcement. They are not the perfect solution. They are not infallible. All in response to comments that the subject should've been Tased. Twist all you want, it doesn't change. Apples and oranges dude.
indeed

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Really not sure why you're so confused dude. My posts about Tasers were to illustrate that Tasers are not God's gift to law enforcement. They are not the perfect solution. They are not infallible. All in response to comments that the subject should've been Tased. Twist all you want, it doesn't change. Apples and oranges dude.
indeed
Ahhh, so my previous quotes from you where you state flat out that you advocate use of guns over use of tazers in this situation were not actually your quotes.

Theres no confusion. You stated where you stand flat out. Now you are backpeddling away from it.

Gotcha.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So we're supposed to believe this actually happened? The guy was standing there, saw the cops enter and exit the store, and the store manager was standing outside on his phone with the guy standing just a few feet away? This is so wrong. Hey yall believe what you want. >shakes head

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It takes a good deal of training to become proficient in unarmed versus armed combat. Not all officers are ninjas.

And if any one is in position to get that training, its cops.
How much training do you think the average cop goes through a year? I think you would have a good idea bout it.
PD's would rather just buy bigger and more guns that train their cops to deal with an armed suspect with out shooting them.

And you are right, not all cops are ninjas, just like not all suspects are ninjas.
Its not like every one is a master knife wielder that can kill you anytime they want.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Do you get dizzy from all your spin? Why yes, yes I do advocate answering a lethal threat with a lethal tool. Does that mean I think Tasers don't have a place? No, it doesn't. But it's not the place of answering a lethal threat. Spin on though, maybe you'll change it so it suits what you want

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes, I am aware of how much training LEOs get. I also know what KIND of training LEOs get. You seem to think all cops are trained in Krav Maga or something, and that is absolutely not the case. Cops aren't boxers. They're not Chuck Norris. They're not there to try and throw blows with somebody. You can say "well they should be" but it doesn't change the fact that that's not their job. Many officers take martial arts training on their own, out of their own pocket. But that doesn't mean they have all the time in the world to become black belts. And while they are more proficient at unarmed combat, they still aren't going to ignore their use of force continuum.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Exactly, they are not going to ignore their training to say screw it and shoot them!
And the PD's would rather buy more guns and train them in usage of those then train them how NOT to kill someone!
Training is the issue, they are being trained that shooting the person is the answer and you have no reason to try anything else if there is any possibility of you getting hurt.

And again, you want to keep talking about how cops are not MMA experts, well guess what?!
Neither is the people they deal with but yet they get told that anyone and everyone can kill them in a moments notice, they instill fear upon fear which causes the cops to always go for their gun and shoot first cause they are getting trained that if you don't you and everyone in the room is dead.

Take this guy for example, he stabbed some one in the temple and it didn't kill him.
Ya, this guy could of easily killed a cop staring at him when he couldn't even kill the the person that had no idea he was coming

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

yes. shooting somebody who wants to present a lethal threat to others or one's self is a reasonable and justifiable response. end of story.

how do you know everybody any given officer deals with isn't an MMA expert? do you KNOW that? is it reasonable to expect an officer to KNOW whether somebody is or not? yea, officers assume that anybody is capable of anything. because the alternative is assuming nobody is capable of anything. unless maybe you want officers to profile? oh well that guy over there has a shaved head, neck tattoos, and big arms so he must be an MMA fighter, or maybe even have a gun on him. but that scrawny guy over there in the trench coat, no he's good because he looks like a nerd.

I know this will upset you, but oh well: in the use of force continuum, lethal force can be inserted at any and all levels. you don't have to go through every single step of the process. because a person who is talking trash and swelling up can turn into a lethal threat in the blink of an eye.

and you're right, the cops should've stood around and waited to see if the guy had better luck the second time around. dude stabbed somebody with a 9-inch knife. I don't think the lack of death was for lack of trying on his part.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Agian, have fun thinking every one is going to kill you when your job is less dangerous then being a garbage man.

Unless you count the assumed danger they created every where they go, but you know what happens when you assume

edit on thWed, 10 Dec 2014 13:44:03 -0600America/Chicago1220140380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thWed, 10 Dec 2014 13:50:13 -0600America/Chicago1220141380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I have fun every day bruh!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join