It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect Had His Hands Up When Officers Opened Fire

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
www.theblaze.com... story/ This is another 2 cops shooting with suspect hands in the air. The video is dashcam footage. However, the shooting does not happen until the 6:45 time mark of the video.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
www.theblaze.com... story/ This is another 2 cops shooting with suspect hands in the air. The video is dashcam footage. However, the shooting does not happen until the 6:45 time mark of the video.

you mean they shot him with his hands in the air, still holding the knife, ignoring commands to drop the knife, and still moving towards them, all after hiding around the corner of the building staring at them for a good 30 seconds and making no move to a) communicate with them or b) drop the knife or hide it so he wasn't still holding it?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
wow...that was not a clean kill. The guy looked like he couldn't understand their screaming commands.
Who will protect us from these overeactive cops?
Time to disarm these cowards before they kill someone..oh wait they did...again
I'm gonna link this vid on some msm sites. It's time for the sheep to wake up.
This is unacceptable law enforcement behavior.

Edit: he had a knife, and approached cops... good night, stupid move

Op were you unaware of the knife? Keep the anti bad cop vids about bad cops please.
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Armed assailant...clean kill

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Another sorryass excuse for a cop bashing thread.
It didn't even survive the first post to be proven the trash that it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63This is indefensible in my opinion. I agree cops have an incredibly difficult job, and like all individuals don't deserve the broad brush. However this is too much force, too soon, and lives are too valuable. Life is too precious and this is the bottom line.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't understand why just having a knife warrants immediate execution, what is this mentality of "he has a knife, so it's ok to kill him without attempting anything else"

Here you have a man that ran over a bunch of people, waved a gun around, and was simply arrested for it.

www.stltoday.com... b84e.html

So why could the cops not taze him, pepper spray him, or maybe just shoot him once?
oh right, he was black, i thought he was people.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Don't they have these tazers anymore? Should be working fine on a guy with a knife.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6 As i viewed the footage prior to the shooting the victim appeared at the corner of the store and was standing there for sometime. Then someone noticed him. The cops drew their pistols and ordered the victim to put his hands up. That was clearly what he did. He never moved toward them. He was still shot.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
I don't understand why just having a knife warrants immediate execution, what is this mentality of "he has a knife, so it's ok to kill him without attempting anything else"

Here you have a man that ran over a bunch of people, waved a gun around, and was simply arrested for it.

www.stltoday.com... b84e.html

So why could the cops not taze him, pepper spray him, or maybe just shoot him once?
oh right, he was black, i thought he was people.

"Juventino Bermudez Arenas" sounds like a black name to you? Woowwwwww......way to go right to the race bait dude.

Is having a knife an immediate death sentence? Nope. But having a knife in hand, being 10-15 feet away from an officer, ignoring commands to drop the knife, continuing to move towards the officer all tilt the odds in favor of getting popped pretty heavily.

And your link doesn't work. It's okay, I found the story on my own. Multiple sources say nothing about the man pointing the gun at police or advancing on them while holding the gun, or ignoring verbal commands, etc.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Execution, cold blooded murder. The guy has his hands up, what the hell else is he supposed to do. Trigger happy to say the least. 3 cops with guns vs 1 black guy probably scared out of his mind, not thinking fast enough. The only thing wrong that the victim of this execution did, was not drop to the ground, with hands spread way apart. I just dont see why they needed to shoot, his hands were up, and they were Not shouting any other commands. The police should have told him to get on the ground. Idiots

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Shamrock6 As i viewed the footage prior to the shooting the victim appeared at the corner of the store and was standing there for sometime. Then someone noticed him. The cops drew their pistols and ordered the victim to put his hands up. That was clearly what he did. He never moved toward them. He was still shot.

you should try watching the video again. it's pretty clear when he walks up the hill and stands at the corner of the building peering at everybody. it's also pretty clear that he's moved towards the officers, unless the physics of being shot caused him to move from near the corner of the building to the near side of the Redbox machine. I realize that he fell forward when he was shot, but that's a good bit of distance to simply fall forward, and I'm not sure how you can't see him inching closer prior to the shooting.
edit on 9-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Poor minorities

Why can't the police just let them stab people and rob stores in peace?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The reason the police were there in the first place is because this piece of sh*t just randomly stabbed a kid standing in line at 7-11. He later died from his injuries. So this idiot supposedly comes back to the scene of the crime to surrender? Then why does he still hold the knife in his hand? Why does he keep inching towards the officers? If I'm a cop knowing what this b*stard just did with that knife, and inching towards me with it still in his hand, he's getting shot. I think it was suicide by cop personally. Good riddance.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

i will own up to the mistake, i was going for mexican (the name is a giveaway) but i got messed over because multitasking is not for me, so yeah, i own that.
Here is a working (hopefully) link of the story i mentioned.

www.stltoday.com...
west-end/article_d9ccebc6-258d-5b58-9f43-a9f45b2ab84e.html

And we all know that if it had been a minority, this dude would not have seen the light of day just for running over those people alone.
This Joventino was responsible for stabbing someone to death from what the reports say, so clearly a bad apple, clearly messed up...but don't we have facilities and experts for that? or should we just resort to killing people no matter what?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Execution, cold blooded murder. The guy has his hands up, what the hell else is he supposed to do. Trigger happy to say the least. 3 cops with guns vs 1 black guy probably scared out of his mind, not thinking fast enough. The only thing wrong that the victim of this execution did, was not drop to the ground, with hands spread way apart. I just dont see why they needed to shoot, his hands were up, and they were Not shouting any other commands. The police should have told him to get on the ground. Idiots

yea, that's what I got from this video too. especially with the "eff!" being dropped right after the shooting. that really sounded to me like they enjoyed it. and how they secured him and started looking for injuries. and the way EMS was there in what, a solid minute or so? and the officers are on the ground with the guy and EMS trying to find the wounds and all that. god, it just smacks of wanting to off this guy.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
When are these criminals going to learn you don't bring a knife to a gun fight?

Most criminals are so dumb.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

and the way EMS was there in what, a solid minute or so?

I've been listening to the scanner for local EMS chatter and apparently they do something called "staging". They "stage", or get ready nearby, while the police secure the situation, then they move right in after they are given the OK to proceed.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

you may "know" that but I don't.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

and the way EMS was there in what, a solid minute or so?

I've been listening to the scanner for local EMS chatter and apparently they do something called "staging". They "stage", or get ready nearby, while the police secure the situation, then they move right in after they are given the OK to proceed.

yes. my post was pretty heavy on the sarcasm. my point was that none of those actions make it seem like "cold blooded murder" to me. it's routine to have EMS wait outside the zone of any armed confrontation, and I would think EMS was already en route for the stabbing victim and then got held back until the area was cleared after the shooting.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6 I did as you suggested. This time I watched in full view mode. At 6:10 the Robber reappears at corner of store. 6:59 Robber was standing still with hands in the air Not moving. 7:03 cops shot the robber. That was only 4 seconds to make a decision. I could not drop to the ground in 4 seconds. Why does it take 15 rounds to knock someone to the ground. It also appears the cops was still shooting after he went down at 7:03 to 7:07.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join