It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLICE BRUTALITY @ UC Berkeley Student March 12/6/14

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I do not think I will ever understand your logic.

In this situation they were pretty much encircled, being beaten while told to move back into another line of cops!

If anything I would go out on a limb and say that they were trying to get some kind of riotous behavior as a result of their reckless swinging of their clubs.

Lol you actually wonder why they yell pig after being jabbed? How would you react, oh never mind you would support their actions because they are just doing their job and you were the idiot for thinking you could peacefully protest!
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmMonday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
I do not think I will ever understand your logic.

In this situation they were pretty much encircled, being beaten while told to move back into another line of cops!

If anything I would go out on a limb and say that they were trying to get some kind of riotous behavior as a result of their reckless swinging of their clubs.

Lol you actually wonder why they yell pig after being jabbed? How would you react, oh never mind you would support their actions because they are just doing their job and you were the idiot for thinking you could peacefully protest!

These people protest violence then seek it out and instigate it to confirm their bias. They video it to plaster it all over youtube to feel famous and important. Then some activists over on the other side of the country gets jealous because they had a more violent protest over there and they get motivated to outdo them. The cycle of self perpetuating violence seekers goes on and on. Which is why cops have riot gear.

Now why should I shed one tear for this stupidity?

You will never see a video where one group of protesters are outdoing another city by being more peaceful which inspires another city to be even more peaceful. Violence is the fuel not peace and the measuring stick is how many thumbs up you get in the social media.

edit on 8-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Before I even bother detailing the various deceptive statements you've made so far in this thread I'd like for you to please provide some evidence that supports your claim about these Protestors being Violent.

Actually, if you can provide evidence that these Protestors in the video were Violent, Causing Property Damage or Harm to anyone before the police got involved, I won't even bother arguing against you regardless of how much I'm opposed to the things you've said.

Just provide supporting evidence of these Protestors "Being Violent", "Burning Buildings" or "Damaging Private Property" please.
edit on 8-12-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Violence erupts at Berkeley protest for second straight night

Berkeley Protest Organizers Tell Crowd Violence is Acceptable

BERKELEY, California -- Organizers of a demonstration against police killings told a crowd of hundreds before their march Monday evening that they should feel free to use violence if they so chose.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Are those links talking about this same protest in the video??? I ask because it said they were marching toward Oakland in your link and the video said they were marching somewhere else.

Also, it is clearly stated that the march started peaceful until one guy broke a window. Another Protestor it is stated tried to stop him also. So this is evidence of property damage clearly. But also that protestors tried to stop it too. You talk about controlled opposition and stuff. Could this be a possible "Planted Protestor" causing damage to invalidate the actual Peaceful Protest??

Your second link does show some credibility toward possible violence. I don't trust Breitbart reporting but if what they claim is true does show some support for why the cops were there however.

I haven't been following Berkley so I want to see justification on why these cops in the video were so aggressive against these people. Your second link is about some organizers telling people to be violent but that doesn't mean anyone did it. It does show that some people are suggesting it however, which still counts a little bit. Good for you!!
edit on 8-12-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
OP, it's standard riot control and cops live to throw on the tactical gear whenever they get to.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Please do elaborate upon the idea that these protesters were seeking violence?!?

They are protesting the obvious and I mean blatantly obvious use of excessive force against the citizens of this country. We in this country supposedly pride ourselves as being the land of the free. Do you honestly feel that the current tactics being used by the police are in line with this belief. You are making an argument that makes zero sense to me. We have a right to peacefully assemble, which is quite literally what these students have been doing.

I suppose I have to wonder what is your idea of how to protest or do you even think that people should have that right? From your statements I am being led to believe that you do not think so.
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amTuesday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Your link to the Fox Report is talking about the march on the day after the one in the video as far as I can tell. They are talking about the march on Sun the 6th while the OP vid is about a march on Sat I believe.

You got anything about the protest the day before this one on Fox News. (Who I also don't trust BTW. But as long as it's verifiable I'll allow it.)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Please do elaborate upon the idea that these protesters were seeking violence?!?

They are protesting the obvious and I mean blatantly obvious use of excessive force against the citizens of this country. We in this country supposedly pride ourselves as being the land of the free. Do you honestly feel that the current tactics being used by the police are in line with this belief. You are making an argument that makes zero sense to me. We have a right to peacefully assemble, which is quite literally what these students have been doing.

I suppose I have to wonder what is your idea of how to protest or do you even think that people should have that right? From your statements I am being led to believe that you do not think so.

Ghandi peacefully protested, hell when he got arrested he would peacefully protest in the jail then continue to peacefully protest when he got out.
MLK Jr peacefully protested in a far more tumultuous time and at the same time preached love even for his oppressors.

These people today are just rage against the machine glory hounds infatuated with social media and their false sense of importance it gives them.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hmmmm, I need to see a little bit more proof of these events than articles from FOX and Breitbart.

It is not that I do not believe that "protesters" quotes given due to the historic tactic of Agent Provovateur's could be violent, it is just that I find it very hard to believe that anyone would attempt violence in the face of that terrifying line of thugs foaming at the mouth waiting for any reason to unleash their toys!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amTuesday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Ghandi and MLK are wonderful examples of peaceful protesting!

What I am seeing in the collective uprising across this country mimicks this, hence the sitting down with hands up, chants of "I can breathe" while laying down on the ground.

I honestly do not understand what else you think people can do, you keep making this leap, protesters are all trying to be violent or apparently out protest each other, which I can not follow.

People are doing everything the can to bring attention to the police state that is occurring. The spark that set this off is how easy it is for cops to murder our fellow civilians with immunity. They can paint protesters anyway they like, like during Occupy, when the protesters where just homeless and hippies! Now you are simply echoing what the MSM would like everyone to believe.

Thank god for social media and the important role it is playing in giving a voice to the reality on the ground!

Also here is a live link for tonights protest in Berkeley, I see no violence from the protesters

revolution-news.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Those links also aren't about the Video in the OP as far as I can tell. They are about the Two days of protests after the one in the video I believe so they don't matter exactly.

Although, it might show what happens as a result from the Police abusing these protestors during their peaceful march.

It might provide evidence of why there was violence the two days after the peaceful march making the Police the ones who are really causing the violence rather than the protestors. I find that to be interesting.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I find that to be interesting as well, I think that there is serious motive on the side of TPTB to orchestrate a violent response, which is obviously not the way to handle the nazi's before you!

This is why I find it absurd to think that any organizers, real organizers to promote violence! It is impossible for there to be a violent revolution, period, no questions asked. The cops get violent with impunity without there being any justification for it.

To think that protesters are out there trying to be violent is simply ludicrous no matter how you try to portray it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

These people today are just rage against the machine glory hounds infatuated with social media and their false sense of importance it gives them.

So show us that then. That's all we are asking. I'm not saying there aren't some out there who are causing damage. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, not exactly. But you are obviously being WAY to inclusive in your statements about Protestors being Looters. They aren't the same thing. Quite opposite actually.

If one guy in a crowd does something the crowd isn't doing, it's dishonest to then say the entire crowd is the same as the one guy.

What I see is a bunch of kids getting their asses beat by cops and all they do about it is ask the cops "why are you hitting me??" That isn't a violent crowd. A violent crowd would be attacking cops not backing down from them.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
These demonstrations are pointless. They know if they go out in the streets the cops will come in their riot gear. Which is why they bring their iphones and run up to the lines and provoke incidents to reaffirm their confirmation bias with dreams of counting their youtube hits.

It is a self importance syndrome. To hell with everybody elses lives and rights they are going to exercise one of theirs and it's going to be cool and it is going to be on youtube and it's going to make such a big difference......NOT.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

These demonstrations are pointless. They know if they go out in the streets the cops will come in their riot gear. Which is why they bring their iphones and run up to the lines and provoke incidents to reaffirm their confirmation bias with dreams of counting their youtube hits.

It is a self importance syndrome. To hell with everybody elses lives and rights they are going to exercise one of theirs and it's going to be cool and it is going to be on youtube and it's going to make such a big difference......NOT.

Well I suppose this answers my question as to whether you believe we should have a right to protest in this country or not. As far as I am concerned the level of Fascism that is permeating through our country merits protests everyday, in every city until our "elected" officials begin representing the people again. Not their corporate masters.

In case you have not noticed yet, the 1% are the ones who said to hell with everyone else's live and rights, in every way they possibly can. Protesting is one of the last things we have to make a difference, it blows my mind that you can have such a cynical view upon the protester yet unending support for LEO's
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amTuesday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Well I suppose this answers my question as to whether you believe we should have a right to protest in this country or not. As far as I am concerned the level of Fascism that is permeating through our country merits protests everyday, in every city until our "elected" officials begin representing the people again. Not their corporate masters.

In case you have not noticed yet, the 1% are the ones who said to hell with everyone else's live and rights, in every way they possibly can. Protesting is one of the last things we have to make a difference, it blows my mind that you can have such a cynical view upon the protester yet unending support for LEO's

Last time I checked LEOS weren't burning out businesses and looting over internet lies. These kind of protesters who march for anything and everything actually do more harm to our right to protest. They have all but ruined that right for us all.
Who is going to get riled up and do a real protest when all these false ones are happening on a daily basis. The 1% failed Occupy language isn't going to cut it either that was just another nail in the right to protest coffin.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

So has it been established then that you have no evidence to support your statements???

You are unable to show the evidence that I asked for, correct???

In other words, everything you have said so far is nothing more than your opinion and has no other validation other than "Because you say so".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

So has it been established then that you have no evidence to support your statements???

You are unable to show the evidence that I asked for, correct???

In other words, everything you have said so far is nothing more than your opinion and has no other validation other than "Because you say so".

2 seconds on google, does this shut your pie hole?

Berkeley, Calif., protest gets violent for second night

USAToday

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

2 seconds on google, does this shut your pie hole?

Berkeley, Calif., protest gets violent for second night

USAToday

Well, if 2 seconds is all it takes then stop bitching about having to provide it.

Is that all the time you took in reading it as well??? You should have noticed that it is stated in several places and in multiple articles that the group of around 400 Protestors were Peaceful. There was however a small group who broke off from the crowd and caused damage. The rest of the group also did try and stop them but weren't able to do so.

You continue to claim that the Group is the same as the few when it comes to protestors. You blame the much larger Majority for the actions of the small minority. At least, you do this when it comes to Protestors. If you want to stand by this reasoning that is up to you but you better do the same across the board. In doing so you had better also include every Police Officer as abusing their Power because of the "Few Bad Apples" that do so.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join