It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLICE BRUTALITY @ UC Berkeley Student March 12/6/14

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Pretty straighforward video here of what the police state has amounted to.

Aggressive cops using their unchecked power to beat down peaceful protesters. This is 10 minutes of what it is like to be face to face with the naziesque tactics that TPBT have trained their thugs in; fear, intimidation, and the inevitable violence!

Non stop attacks, they struck people for no reason throughout the entire command to move back. There was not one violent reaction from any of the protesters, some of the cops sat their smiling, while the rest could barely hold themselves back from taking another swing! Foaming at the mouth for the moment to allow their psychopathic love of power to come to fruition. I honestly believe that your average "crowd control" officer needs to be put under psychiatric care, to be clear I mean institutionalized!

The issue is POLICE BRUTALITY!! It is systemic, there is no accountability from any form of "authority"

This crowd was a mix of every ethinicity I could see and guess what they were all beaten equally.

I like the chant the woman was making at around 7 mins in, THE POLICE STATE WILL FAIL YOU CAN NOT ARREST US ALL!

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmMonday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Fix that link on the video!! Your post got me all teased up and ready to watch the vid only to find it's not working. Just give the link to the page if you can't get the embedded vid to work.
edit on 8-12-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

lol im trying!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I got if for ya.

I'll send you a private message and explain what to do after I watch the vid. Check your messages.
edit on 8-12-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Less than one month ago, the students at the University of Berkley denied Bill Maher a commencement address because they were afraid of what he might say.

The birthplace of the modern free speech movement seems to forget that with free speech comes acceptance that people might have a different point of view.

However, they now seem to think that they should have a free speech position against the police. You can't have it both ways, I really don't feel sorry for them.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Nice I was able to get it!

Thank you though, team work makes the dream work!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

That has zero relevance to naziesque thugs beating unarmed protesters!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Should the cops just tickle them to get them to leave?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What is the context for what's happening here???

Why are they protesting???

Why are the Riot Cops there??? Is there Rioting or just protesting???

All I can tell without context is there is a big crowd of cops pushing against a big crowd of young protestors. Protesting is legal so I don't know why the cops are even there to begin with. Nor do I know where or why they are pushing them back.

What are they protecting???

Where are they pushing them back to??

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
However, they now seem to think that they should have a free speech position against the police.

Sure you do. It's speech and you can freely express it toward anyone you want. In fact, free speech should be encouraged when it's toward authority rather than discouraged. That is when free speech is most important. Speaking out against insignificant things is fairly meaningless since you're already dealing with something insignificant anyway. The ability to speak freely and openly against Power and Authority is very important and very significant and should always be allowed.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

I think Stalin had a stronger police state.

It lasted longer.

Let's hope we don't get to that point.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

ah my bad for not making this clear! From the youtube descrition-

Police continue to assault peaceful demonstrators while corporate news media censors the violence. At 5PM on 12/6/14, hundreds of UC Berkeley students and Berkeley residents began a peaceful march from Sproul Plaza to the Berkeley Marina to protest the deaths of Michael Brown, Eric Garner, Tamir Rice, and countless other brown and black youth at the hands of police. Along the way, police set up barricades and fired rubber bullets and smoke bombs, shattering one student's knee and causing another student to have a seizure. The injured were not allowed to seek medical attention and were instead corralled by riot police. The group eventually made its way back to Sproul Plaza, where students were once again kettled around the Bancroft/Telegraph area. This video begins with riot police forcing students south down Telegraph, which only caused more Cal, Berkeley High, and City College students to join the struggle. The demonstrators were pushed all the way down Telegraph by waves of tear gas until they reached the border of Oakland, where the riot police finally dissipated. This is a sample of what we were able to capture on two cameras - there's a lot we were unable to film. Please share this video!

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmMonday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

a reply to: Domo1

I think tickling would have been much bettter, perhaps setting down their weapons and hugging the protesters. You know acting humane, you act as though the cops had a reason to be this aggressive, sorry to say there were no agent provacteurs in the mix to give them a reason to be as violent as they were, they were clearly itching for it regardless!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lol stalin did not have LRAD and god knows what tech has not been made available to the public!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I think Stalin had a stronger police state. It lasted longer.

Excuse my historical ignorance but can you give me a few examples of something Stalin's police state did that ours hasn't?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

The demonstrators were pushed all the way down Telegraph by waves of tear gas until they reached the border of Oakland, where the riot police finally dissipated.

LOL

Ok, Not that I find this funny exactly. But I find it interesting that they pushed them all back to Oakland and then stopped and went away. Is that the purpose behind the cops being there??? To push citizens away from Wealthier neighborhoods into Poorer ones??? Is that what Law Enforcement is all about now??? When people get upset and speak out about it we use force to push them away from our Nice Areas into the fringe damaged area's??? Sounds about right actually...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Shhhhhhhhh!

That dirty little secret is not supposed to get out!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Practicing Freedom of Speech via any form of protesting is discouraged in country that is becoming more fascist by the day.
The way to get things done is by buying politicians like Wall Street Bankers, Insurance, Pharma and Corporate Executives do, where they call legalized bribery $$Freedom of Speech$$

You will never see a Banker protesting with a picket sign

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think Stalin had a stronger police state.

It lasted longer.

Let's hope we don't get to that point.

I hope so too. How many did he eliminate through the purge 30 million? If this turns violent on the public side and we have an actual war between police and the public it will become very deadly. Since we as a nation are still under the declaration of a state of emergency from 9/11 they can and will use the military to combat the public.Just like Lincoln did.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't get it. The cops kept a riot from breaking out, which is a description of one of their duties....riot control....and people are complaining.
These idiots who make a habit of going out in the streets to these things are always running around confused screaming where do I go ahhhh, we can't go here we can't go there. Don't they realize one of the most effective methods of riot control is to keep them moving? When a street mob sits idle that is when the riots break out. If they go to a street mob they should expect to get shuffled around, it keeps the neighborhoods from burning to the ground and confrontation is less violent.

Protesters scuttling around confused berating individual cops is a total denial of what is going on around them. Don't they see the cops in a line, in riot gear, staying in formation while doing their jobs? To yell, hey pig you just jabbed me, whats your name, why this, why that, is all theatrics. They should stay home if they can't handle the reality they put themselves into.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc

I think Stalin had a stronger police state. It lasted longer.

Excuse my historical ignorance but can you give me a few examples of something Stalin's police state did that ours hasn't?

NKVD

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join