It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLICE BRUTALITY @ UC Berkeley Student March 12/6/14

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
2 seconds on google, does this shut your pie hole?

Berkeley, Calif., protest gets violent for second night

USAToday

Well, if 2 seconds is all it takes then stop bitching about having to provide it.

Is that all the time you took in reading it as well??? You should have noticed that it is stated in several places and in multiple articles that the group of around 400 Protestors were Peaceful. There was however a small group who broke off from the crowd and caused damage. The rest of the group also did try and stop them but weren't able to do so.

You continue to claim that the Group is the same as the few when it comes to protestors. You blame the much larger Majority for the actions of the small minority. At least, you do this when it comes to Protestors. If you want to stand by this reasoning that is up to you but you better do the same across the board. In doing so you had better also include every Police Officer as abusing their Power because of the "Few Bad Apples" that do so.

Nope not going to entertain that thought process. The cops are not out there enabling people to destroy communities they are out there protecting communities, have invested years of time and training for their livelihood and put up with the worst scum of the human race in the process. That involves commitment, these protesters are out in their spare time ruining the daily lives of others in the process, basing their complaints on lies and get led around like sheeple by anyone who grabs a bullhorn.
I am much more concerned about the few bad doctors who are out there because statistically there are a few bad per population in every profession everywhere.
edit on 9-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well they did it to occupy wall streeters when they wouldn't get away from wall street. The criminals there didn't want their lunch upset I guess.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I am much more concerned about the few bad doctors who are out there because statistically there are a few bad per population in every profession everywhere.

That is my point right there. There are always a few "bad" individuals in every group. So there are a few "bad" doctors and a few "bad" police but we don't go around blaming ALL Doctors or ALL Police for the actions of a few.

The same should apply here. You are blaming an entire group for the actions of a few. This group even tried to stop those few themselves. What you are doing is supporting a "double standard" by changing your stance when it applies to these people protesting. By being inconsistent in your reasoning it has invalidated your argument. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Do you see the point that I'm making???

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

2 seconds on google, does this shut your pie hole?

Berkeley, Calif., protest gets violent for second night

USAToday

Well, if 2 seconds is all it takes then stop bitching about having to provide it.

Is that all the time you took in reading it as well??? You should have noticed that it is stated in several places and in multiple articles that the group of around 400 Protestors were Peaceful. There was however a small group who broke off from the crowd and caused damage. The rest of the group also did try and stop them but weren't able to do so.

You continue to claim that the Group is the same as the few when it comes to protestors. You blame the much larger Majority for the actions of the small minority. At least, you do this when it comes to Protestors. If you want to stand by this reasoning that is up to you but you better do the same across the board. In doing so you had better also include every Police Officer as abusing their Power because of the "Few Bad Apples" that do so.

Nope not going to entertain that thought process. The cops are not out there enabling people to destroy communities they are out there protecting communities, have invested years of time and training for their livelihood and put up with the worst scum of the human race in the process. That involves commitment, these protesters are out in their spare time ruining the daily lives of others in the process, basing their complaints on lies and get led around like sheeple by anyone who grabs a bullhorn.

Wow you sure do a good job embodying your Avatar, the irony is that you do not even understand the bullhorn to which you flock!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amTuesday2 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

At least they are trying to change things.Better than sitting on a computer and complaining about others. We here on ATS want to deny ignorance,and most do try. We share links,views and anything else we can come up with to support each of our own views. We say ,well someone should do something about this!!! Or what is wrong with the sheeple that they go along with this? And then some of them stand up and try,and they get shot down by arm chair quarterbacks. Anyone else that thinks they have a better way,I'm sure is more than welcome to come on here and tell all the rest of us how it should be done. I don't agree that Mike Brown should have been the one they picked to start all this,but I think that people NEED to get up and protest against police brutality and TPTB,and the corruption in government,and the wars we are in all over the world,and the NGO'S that are causing those stupid color revolutions,and and and.

billofrightsinstitute.org...

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Simple Emulsion solution on those visors would render the Police helpless or at least have them remove their Helmets evening up the game a little.

Blind them Balloons filled with emulsion Paint or cream then fire into them possibly snatch a few into the crowd and leave them naked and afraid.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

It is a self importance syndrome. To hell with everybody elses lives and rights they are going to exercise one of theirs and it's going to be cool and it is going to be on youtube and it's going to make such a big difference......NOT.

It sounds like you are talking about lobbyists via "Freedom of Speech" that are doing great harm to this country. So where are the police to rein them in?
edit on 9-12-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Corporate Free Trade lobbyists are destroying more business in this country than of the violenty minority protestors could ever do.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I'm just wondering if this video also shows the protesters who were jumping on cars and vandalizing property, or the quotes from protesters about how if they felt like being violent that was cool, or other protesters admitting there were protesters who were there to be violent, or how the protesters are blocking traffic and don't have a permit to do so, etc etc.

it's AMAZING what you can find out when you have more than one source for your information. but that sometimes makes putting a slant on what one posts difficult

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well let me see here Shamrock, you must not have watched the video because in the area where video was taken there was none of what you are claiming happening.

Now if anyone of those students in the crowd that the video shows had been violent or threatening or destroyed any property at all, I could try to understand the smirking cop and his nazi friends swinging batons at unarmed students. However they did not and your attempt to justify there clear abuses, has no ground to stand on.

They were getting off with every swing, every jab, seemed rather sadistic to me, what is AMAZING is that people continue to attempt to justify the actions of these sociopaths!

You seem to have a knack for doing so

edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmTuesday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well old cops pissing off the young students will work when said cops end up in care homes these students are running when they get older.

What goes around, comes around

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Nope not going to entertain that thought process. The cops are not out there enabling people to destroy communities they are out there protecting communities

Yes and is that why many people view them about as much as Germanys feared Hitler's SS guards in the 1930's

Get on the train, we are here to protect you and move you on to a new life

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That is my point right there. There are always a few "bad" individuals in every group. So there are a few "bad" doctors and a few "bad" police but we don't go around blaming ALL Doctors or ALL Police for the actions of a few.

Come on its not a case of a few bad apples when the police are being recorded acting as a group to break up a lawful protest thats stil lawful with or without a licence under the constitution.

These cops are power hungry and half of them look like they are taking steriods and that makes them agressive but you won't see that in any police reports will you now.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

You're preaching to the choir on that one actually. The point I was making was to TinFoilTP and that he is applying one set of rules for Protestors and another set for LEO's which isn't right. IMO nobody can use the excuse that "It's just a few bad apples" when it comes to cops but then turn around and do the opposite with protestors, saying that because a few Protestors cause trouble they all cause trouble. You see what I mean??

I'm by no means supporting Law Enforcement in what's happening. These people are within their right to Protest Peacefully and Assemble all they want. IMO, it's the cops who are the aggressors, not the Protestors.

I'm glad to see you are willing to fight for the people, keep it up!!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Double Bubble....
edit on 9-12-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join