It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest in Creation Science

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

originally posted by: Tangerine
a reply to: BlackManINC

No thanks. When you get some testable evidence proving that God exists and created something/anything, put it in a peer-reviewed scientific journal and I'll read it.

That works two ways.

Second

Two ways? By that do you mean that when someone gets testable evidence proving that God does not exist....? Uh..it's not possible to prove a negative. The onus is on the one claiming a positive (in this case the existence of God) to prove that claim of fact.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Please accept my sincere thanks for watching that ball of threadworms and reporting on it for the rest of us.

Thanks to you, nobody else has to watch it to prove it is bollocks.

All those claims have appeared on this site during the ten years I've been a member here. All have been comprehensively debunked, not once but several times over.

If this is 'the latest in creation science', creation science has a long, hard uphill road ahead of it.

People like the OP do more damage to their cause than the Darwins and Dawkins of this world.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Thanks. I love a good science fiction.

Unfortunately the video in the OP didn't cut it.

I knew that would be the case though. I've started to become very familiar with all the standard creationist arguments through watching online debates, so my expectations weren't high. Still, I figured I'd give the OP the common courtesy of watching the whole thing before commenting on it.

As you said though the same claims keep popping up and get thoroughly debunked each time. I doubt I've made any difference in the OP's mind.
edit on 12-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC
No form of mutation has ever been shown to produce new genetic information, all we've ever seen is new traits being produced typically by duplication, polyploidy, insertions which is an increase in the amount of already existing DNA a bacteria can hold, but not an increase in genetic information that would actually create something new.

A novel mutation identified in the DFNA5 gene in a Dutch family: a clinical and genetic evaluation.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yep 'The Latest in Creation Science' = the same baseless claims and the same debunked arguments creationists have been regurgitating over the last 65+ years......

Who would've thunk it?.............good job OP!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So here's a thought.

Should ATS start considering, as a policy, to begin automatically placing new "Creation Science" and "Young Earth" threads into the HOAX forum?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yes seeing their crowd lied in court.
Watch Id on trial on youtube to see the depth s they sunk to.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I do see it as deliberate in it's misuse of the term "science", so I find it hard to disagree that it is Hoaxing. However, perhaps such a move would reduce the number of such threads (which often arrive in waves) and I think that a lot of people would miss the endless circular discussions and collective head banging.

edit on 6-12-2014 by skalla because: typo

edit on 6-12-2014 by skalla because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I agree they come in waves and many members of ats show them evidence for evolution and everytime they ignore it.
Some have the patience of a saint here on ats.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Changing the forum to "Origins and Evolution" may also be appropriate.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Nah...I get my daily dose of funny out of these and post a funny pic thread.

The mental gymnastics some creationists display are truly amazing.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I'm sure you've seen me mention and link to The Atheist Experience. You may have seen it before. No end to the mental gymnastics displayed there! I quite agree with you some of it is quite amusing. I do see the benefit of moving creationist threads to the hoax bin though, or at the very least the Religion, Faith, And Theology section. There are some pretty active members that come to mind that I'm sure could use a break from repeating themselves over and over again in each new thread that pops up. "Evolution is FARCE" is over 62 pages now. Overtaking the previous evolution is false thread which is still on the front page. I believe there is a third on the front page with over forty pages. Same old same old. Nothing new. Nothing wrong with challenging evolution but there is something dishonest about doing it with the same old tired arguments from people who don't understand the science or refuse to. Aka creationists. That's why I suggest renaming this forum Origins and Evolution!

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I agree change the name of the forum.
But prepare for the Christians screaming of percicution.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'm beginning to think I may start having nightmares about that thread never actually coming to an end.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yeah I have watched that show a few times and I imagine people of about the same caliber are the ones here pushing creationism. I liken it to cats playing with a mouse where this cat has grown bored with batting them around and now pretty much watches the wounded critters stumbling around.

As far as the other thread going on for as long as it has I am fine with it. That will be one of the first threads someone who is on the fence about it will read and any sane competent person will realize the creationists have nothing to offer. That thread is a shining example of the best arguments they have which means their arguments are worthless. Even the OP abandoned it right away.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
So here's a thought.

Should ATS start considering, as a policy, to begin automatically placing new "Creation Science" and "Young Earth" threads into the HOAX forum?

This is a wonderful suggestion. Many claims have not been tested by science, but the claims of Creation "science" have been thoroughly debunked by testable evidence many times over. Creation "science" clearly belongs in the Hoax forum.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: skalla

I agree they come in waves and many members of ats show them evidence for evolution and everytime they ignore it.
Some have the patience of a saint here on ats.

Laughing is much more effective. Because they have no education in science, they are unable to understand scientific arguments or, indeed, the scientific method itself. They do understand laughter.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Yeah I have watched that show a few times and I imagine people of about the same caliber are the ones here pushing creationism. I liken it to cats playing with a mouse where this cat has grown bored with batting them around and now pretty much watches the wounded critters stumbling around.

As far as the other thread going on for as long as it has I am fine with it. That will be one of the first threads someone who is on the fence about it will read and any sane competent person will realize the creationists have nothing to offer. That thread is a shining example of the best arguments they have which means their arguments are worthless. Even the OP abandoned it right away.

You raised the issue of OPs starting threads, often with YouTubes, and then abandoning the threads. I wonder why ATS doesn't have a policy against it. The same people do it again and again, often running multiple threads on the same topic.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

So here's a thought.

I believe this site would be labeled an "anti Christian" site if such things were done...

I personally would be rather upset if there were no Christians to talk with on ATS

That would just be tragic... though I suppose in many, if not most cases these Creationists can hardly be considered Christian anyways

edit on 6-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

So here's a thought.

I believe this site would be labeled an "anti Christian" site if such things were done...

I personally would be rather upset if there were no Christians to talk with on ATS

That would just be tragic... though I suppose in many, if not most cases these Creationists can hardly be considered Christian anyways

What determines whether something is a hoax? If something meets that criteria, no matter how many people continue to believe it, shouldn't it be put in the hoax forum? Putting something in the hoax forum, or anywhere else, doesn't prevent people from discussing it. It just serves as a warning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join