It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plague--Madagascar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

On 4 November 2014, WHO was notified by the Ministry of Health of Madagascar of an outbreak of plague. The first case, a male from Soamahatamana village in the district of Tsiroanomandidy, was identified on 31 August. The patient died on 3 September.

As of 16 November, a total of 119 cases of plague have been confirmed, including 40 deaths. Only 2% of reported cases are of the pneumonic form. Cases have been reported in 16 districts of seven regions. Antananarivo, the capital and largest city in Madagascar, has also been affected with 2 recorded cases of plague, including 1 death. There is now a risk of a rapid spread of the disease due to the city’s high population density and the weakness of the healthcare system.

Plague Madagascar

The WHO said that there was a risk of a “rapid spread” in the Madagascan capital Antananarivo. The risk has been exacerbated by the high level of resistance to deltamethrin (an insecticide used to control fleas) that has been observed in the country.

Last year, health experts issued Madagascar with a warning that they were at risk of a plague outbreak unless the spread of the disease could be slowed. Those in the country’s rat-infested prisons were thought to be among those most at risk, the BBC reported.

This is the first I've heard of the story, I'm not sure if it's on MSM news right now. (The WHO released their information on Nov. 21st)

**Upon searching online I found an updated story run by the Daily Mail that says there are 47 deaths now. **

Outbreak of bubonic plague in Madagascar has claimed 47 victims - and is spreading to island's capital

Symptoms of Bubonic plague:- Patients develop sudden onset:
-Fever
-Headache
-Chills
-Weakness
-One or more swollen, tender and painful lymph nodes (called buboes). This form usually results from the bite of an infected flea. The bacteria multiply in the lymph node closest to where the bacteria entered the human body. If the patient is not treated with the appropriate antibiotics, the bacteria can spread to other parts of the body.

China had the bubonic plague earlier this year, as well as in U.S.

A fact sheet on the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Web site notes that if someone with "advanced knowledge and technology" were somehow able to aerosolize the bacterium, it could cause damage.

"Yersinia pestis used in an aerosol attack could cause cases of the pneumonic form of plague," the CDC says. "One to six days after becoming infected with the bacteria, people would develop pneumonic plague. Once people have the disease, the bacteria can spread to others who have close contact with them. Because of the delay between being exposed to the bacteria and becoming sick, people could travel over a large area before becoming contagious and possibly infecting others. Controlling the disease would then be more difficult."

Pneumonic plague differs from bubonic plague in its symptoms and the fact that it can be spread through the air rather than just by contact.

Unlike bubonic plague, pneumonic plague can be spread from person to person. According to the CDC, "Pneumonic plague affects the lungs and is transmitted when a person breathes in Y. pestis particles in the air."

***I'm not saying that this is a weaponized case, I just wanted to point out what the CDC had to say about the possibility of it becoming weaponized.***

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I was just thinking the other day how there was a thread on Ats about the comet " ISIS" that came by last year and how everytime the comet comes by (every 500 years )the earth is plagued with the bubonic plague.....and bam! Up popped your thread. Odd?
edit on 27-11-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I found out about it because it was trending on fb.

I saw that thread when I did a search to see if anyone had already created a post about the bubonic plague yet. I didn't read that thread though.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

The thread was last year about the comet and the plague. It was an old thread .....hug not about the plague just the comet carrying it. It's odd I thought of that and the. You posted the plague was in madagascare. I wonder if there is a coincidence ? Or a connection ?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I posted this on the 21st in an (by my own admission) less thoroughly researched thread:

Plague Kills 40 In Madagascar

S + F for the work put into this

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Well if you believe in the power of putting thought out into the universe and having them come back to you, maybe that is what this is. It could just be mere coincidence.

Did the comet crash into the Earth, unleashing the plague on the world?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I'm sorry it didn't come up in the search engine. I swear that thing only works part of the time from my trials with it and what I have read from others.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I was just thinking the other day how there was a thread on Ats about the comet " ISIS" that came by last year and how everytime the comet comes by (every 500 years )the earth is plagued with the bubonic plague.....and bam! Up popped your thread. Odd?

You mean comet ISON right? And its orbital period was around 400 000 years, much longer than that 500. I wonder what are you talking about?

new topics

top topics

join