It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #24: Decades of Institutionalized Racism Set The Stage for Ferguson

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean
a reply to: raymundoko

A decent DA can indict a ham sandwich for murder. Had it been you that pulled the trigger you would have had your day in court. That's all I'm saying. Was he right or wrong firing on him? Not for me to say, but I feel it was a juries place.

I want to see body cameras on all officers! This would have proven Wilson's case and avoided the fallout surrounding his acquittal. All parties deserve to know the absolute truth that a recording would have revealed.

If a police officer does not want to wear a camera which could exonerate him then I must question why?

Aquittal???? He was never tried! And it WAS a jury who refused to indict him in the first place!

Also it's 100% FACT that even if he had a body camera, it would have made little difference to the troublemakers who just wanted to go out and smash some shiit up and loot local stores.... there's always an excuse.

If the camera showed Mike Brown charging the officer it would still be: "BUT HE WASN"T ARMED!!! YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SHOOTS HIM!!"

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

If the camera showed Mike Brown charging the officer it would still be: "BUT HE WASN"T ARMED!!! YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SHOOTS HIM!!"

Wouldn't be nice if you didn't have to put a if in front of that sentence?
You are right, body cameras could show that what the officer said happened, is really what happened and we don't have only one side of the story since the other side is dead

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Google "Incarceration demographics - US" and see if your argument stands.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Yet another example of the low levels ATS has sunk to.

Let's just forgive all the black people for their faults. Let's stand behind them as they rape, steal, loot, KILL.

Denial, denial, denial.

ATS's motto is "Deny Ignorance" but it's not ignorance you need to be worried about now, it's stupidity.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley
Yet another example of the low levels ATS has sunk to.

Let's just forgive all the black people for their faults. Let's stand behind them as they rape, steal, loot, KILL.

Denial, denial, denial.

ATS's motto is "Deny Ignorance" but it's not ignorance you need to be worried about now, it's stupidity.

Amen right with you brother lets forgive all white people for their faults Let's stand behind them as they rape, steal, loot, KILL.Denial, denial, denial.
Humm??? what you said made no sense and neither did I.

edit on 3-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I purposefully waited a while before watching this video...there were some good points, BUT:

- Ignorance, violence, destruction, looting, and outright idiocy does not deserve a pass because history may have been a racist suckfest for one's parents or grandparents (Darren Wilson wasn't there for any of that)

- Your rant about grand jury statistics means nothing, as each individual case deserves to be looked at individually, weighing only its evidence and nothing more. Implying wrongdoing because of other GJ cases is a certain level of BS in and of itself--yes, it should be easy to get an indictment, but guess what? Not all cases are easy, and not all evidence lends itself to show probable cause that a crime was committed. From the evidence I've read and heard, this is a case where there was not said probable cause.

I appreciate the history lesson of the St. Louis area, but to imply that an inference should be made that this specific GJ was a flawed process does nothing to quell the emotions attached to this case. Take a step back, look solely at the case at hand, and then try again. Hopefully there will be a better focus on the case's facts this time, instead of the F'ed up racial history of St. Louis.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Then research how crime is a product of microculture and upbringing. You can't blame racism for one's microculture fostering a society that promotes criminality and makes difficult the path out of it. And this isn't specific to just one race, either--there are nogoodnicks (couldn't resist the word) of all races that do similar things, but it does statistically happen more in poor black neighborhoods.

You can't blame the cops or the legal system for an individual breaking the law. You can certainly attack the fact that punishment for similar crimes doesn't seem balanced across the racial spectrum, but even that often has too many variables to consider to make it a decent argument. Keep in mind that attitude toward LEOs and the justice system plays a large role in this equation.
edit on 3-12-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: neo96
My two beefs with this episode:

1. So what if the prosecutor trashed the media ?

Hell as long as I been on ATS that has been a daily occurrence.

2. How the hell is their 'institutionalized' racism in modern America ?

Between 'affirmative' action where people get jobs based on nothing, but their skin colors.

And the Jim Crowe LAWS.

About the only thing I would agree with is the Ferguson is some next level bullsnip.

Because apparently the only 'criminals' in this country are the evil 'white' folks. Oh, and if they happen to be a cop.

Well that is the mark of the beast. Hell might was well put 666 on them or the scarlet A.

Considering the last few days in Ferguson proved the cops case better than anything has.

I 100% agree with you neo, the double standard crap needs to end. It comes down to this, you don't destroy people in your own communities businesses in order to get your point across, though I believe it's mostly just opportunists who are doing that.

You don't protest at night, when bad things happen, and you can mix in with the criminals.

You don't destroy City property, or light it on fire and try to turn over Law Enforcements vehicles.

You don't attack the media, and destroy their equipment.

You don't throw maltov cocktails at Law Enforcement.

You don't violently attack innocent civilians that have nothing to do whatsoever with what occurred.

And you don't assault a police officer, then try to take away his firearm, run away but then charge back toward him, and then expect a terrified human being to not defend himself.

It really disgusts me how many hypocrites there are out there right now. If it were any of them, any of them, they would be singing an entire different tune. And that is the largest problem that we have right now, a bunch of irrational cop haters that can't seem to read between the lines.

~$heopleNation

I fear that we will never be a color blind society because so many unscrupulous individuals and groups depend on racial strife and polarization for their livelyhood and power base.

We have a political party that depends on a dependent minority underclass for a voting base--they will never seek true equality and true color blind society. Identity politics depends on that.

We have individuals who make millions of dollars (and one owes 4.5 million in back taxes) by being "race baiting poverty pimps." There is no way in hell they will work to truly bring people together because this dissension is their gravy train.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

How does what I said have ANYTHING to do with incarceration statistics ????????

I simply stated the rioting was going to happen regardless of the level of evidence that Mike Brown was in the wrong. It was already hyped to fever level by the MSM.

The reasons behind prison statistics are complex of course, but people are responsible for their own behavior. Things are the way they ARE for very good reasons. There isn't some sadistic bastard in the sky playing dice and then cursing entire populations or races of people. Look at Rwanda, look at South Africa, look at the RUF in Sierra Leone, Joseph Kony, the history of Congo.... yea white people came and created problems in Africa by trying to apply European systems and logic in a place where it simply doesn't work, but the locals are all to happy to mutilate, murder and necklace their own people over silly things.

Hell, humans in general can be pretty nasty creatures

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: Hefficide

How does what I said have ANYTHING to do with incarceration statistics ????????

I simply stated the rioting was going to happen regardless of the level of evidence that Mike Brown was in the wrong. It was already hyped to fever level by the MSM.

The reasons behind prison statistics are complex of course, but people are responsible for their own behavior. Things are the way they ARE for very good reasons. There isn't some sadistic bastard in the sky playing dice and then cursing entire populations or races of people. Look at Rwanda, look at South Africa, look at the RUF in Sierra Leone, Joseph Kony, the history of Congo.... yea white people came and created problems in Africa by trying to apply European systems and logic in a place where it simply doesn't work, but the locals are all to happy to mutilate, murder and necklace their own people over silly things.

Hell, humans in general can be pretty nasty creatures

OMG! so it's genetic??? so called white people did not have the 100yrs war,Napoleon rampaging across the much of the globe which imo was really the first world war as it involved the Caribbean and other countries in the Americas,WW1 officially a war between family members in Europe killing millions,WWII a continuation of such family squabbles that killed millions more,tribal wars between English and Irish lasted for centuries ,displacing populations and scattering them as slaves throughout the Caribbean and American mainland yeah how civilized of you, the Kongo under the private ownership of King Leopard who started the practice of human pruning if the natives failed at collecting enough rubber,killing and maiming millions,the first concentration camp and the decimation of the Hererro in southern Africa,guillotine people by the thousands in revolutionary France was a lesson in civilized behavior great use of European system and logic,btw who had people drawn and quartered.
Jenny you live in a glass house pls don't throw stones.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I can't see where they said anything about genetics...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join