It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He states another click, Darren Wilson

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Wilson claims in this CNN video clip that Micheal Brown placed his hand over his gun and he attempted to pull the trigger and nothing happened then he claimed to fire again but "another click"

Would a semi auto pistol make a click if a hand was over the slide mechanism?

cnn

A click would have been the firing pin? Would placing your hand over the slide prevent a gun from firing?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Yeah if the slide was moved back. I don't know what kind of gun he had or if it had second strike capability. Not quite sure what he meant by click.

Sig P229.

Let me get out my Sig and mess with it.
edit on 2520141120141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Yeah if the slide was moved back. I don't know what kind of gun he had or if it had second strike capability. Not quite sure what he meant by click.

I can see how holding the slide would prevent the gun from ejecting and reloading another shell but I don't think if he indeed heard a click that it would prevent the firing pin from launching the bullet already chambered.

He clearly states he heard another click!?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah totally. Sig is DA/SA. He would have been carrying DAO. I held the slide back a little with my left hand it would would certainly have kept the gun from firing. I was able to keep clicking.

It also won't fire in SA if the slide is moved back, which is surprisingly easy to do at least on mine. I have a 226 Combat TB.

Want to add I cleared the thing 5 + times and had it pointed in a safe direction.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Wilson claims in this CNN video clip that Micheal Brown placed his hand over his gun and he attempted to pull the trigger and nothing happened then he claimed to fire again but "another click"

Would a semi auto pistol make a click if a hand was over the slide mechanism?

cnn

A click would have been the firing pin? Would placing your hand over the slide prevent a gun from firing?

Could have been a number of mechanisms. Depends on the type of click. I can't get the video, so I don't know what kind of click it was. A click can also be a misfire, but since he managed to shoot six times at least, and didn't say anything about clearing the weapon or correcting it.

I do not know what would happen if I manually tired to fire while holding the slide back with just my hand, as for obvious reasons, I have not tried it.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I haven't been able to find out what gun he had, but from the man's own words this sounds fishy to me.

Holding the slide would work just like the safety wouldn't it, there would be no click unless the trigger activates the firing mechanism right? If the firing mechanism was used but the slide action didn't function would he have to manually pull the slide?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I can do video if you really want me to. He was carrying a P229.

I can get two different clicks depending on how far back the slide is. Neither would fire the gun.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

After the two clicks the gun will fire? Or do you have to re chamber a round?
edit on 25-11-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Oh sorry let me explain better. Two different sounding clicks depending on how far back the slide is. One position completely deactivates the trigger, the other won't let the hammer go through the full range. If I released the slide it would still fire. Sigs go from double action to single action. You can just sit there pulling the trigger all you want until it switches over to single action.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

If you watch the video from Wilson that I posted he doesn't say any of this. He states that Brown put his hand on top of his gun and was trying to get into the trigger guard to shoot him with his own fire arm. He attempted to fire twice and when he mentions the second attempt he claimed to hear another click. He never mentions the slide moving.

This IMO is reasonable doubt, and that's all the grand jury was required to issue a indictment.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I watched the video. He says Brown grabbed the top of his gun. It would surprise me if the slide didn't move. He also clearly says the gun was being jammed from Brown's hand on top of the firearm. Which is sort of a lazy way to put it, but that's what I would have said in an interview too.

I don't think that's how reasonable doubt works.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Im assuming that Brown's hand was also pushing the slide rearward slightly. After the first couple clicks, I think he somehow adjusted how he was holding the gun, and then the slide was able to go completely forward and Wilson was then able to shoot.

Does anyone know what kind of handgun Wilson was using?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Sig p229

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Please be sure it's unloaded first

And just read your next post. Ignore my poor attempt at humour.
edit on 25-11-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

I made VERY sure. Can you imagine?

Dumbass on conspiracy site shoots self in face trying to prove a point.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I feel bad for laughing, but your choice of words was fantastic.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yeah totally. Sig is DA/SA. He would have been carrying DAO. I held the slide back a little with my left hand it would would certainly have kept the gun from firing. I was able to keep clicking.

It also won't fire in SA if the slide is moved back, which is surprisingly easy to do at least on mine. I have a 226 Combat TB.

Want to add I cleared the thing 5 + times and had it pointed in a safe direction.

I just tried the same thing with my M9 and CZ 75. If the slide on either are back 1/4th of an inch or more, they wont fire and the trigger is dead. No clicks, just a dead trigger.

However, If the slide is back, but less than about 1/4th inch, (both in SA and DA), there will be a click and the trigger feels normal.

(No live ammo was used)
edit on 25-11-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

My Sig gets funky with barely any rearward pressure. After probably 1/4 inch it cuts completely off. Otherwise it does this half assed clunking thing that is probably very bad for it.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

My Sig gets funky with barely any rearward pressure. After probably 1/4 inch it cuts completely off. Otherwise it does this half assed clunking thing that is probably very bad for it.

I tried the pencil trick on my M9. Eraser end into the barrel.

I found that in DA, with the slide back but less than 1/4 inch, it also does that half assed clunk you mentioned and the pencil barley nudges forwards. (Under normal conditions, the pencil would fly to the other side of the room.) Im assuming the firing pin is still being hit, but it's just barley making its way to the eraser. Im assuming that if there was a live round in the chamber, that would result in a very light primer strike.

ETA - Yea, im going to stop doing this now to because Im not so sure this is good for the gun.
edit on 25-11-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

ETA - Yea, im going to stop doing this now to because Im not so sure this is good for the gun.

I feel like we're scientists. Maybe not the brightest ones, but still. No negligent discharges right? RIGHT!? Now let me see if I can find a pencil...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join