It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science News..........."If Planet X exists........."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter
I don't know why you'd say or believe that. It's entirely possible, just not anywhere "close by." If it exists though it will not resemble the characteristics ascribed to it by people like Marshall Masters, Nancy Lieder, and the OP who all seem to think it's perpetually visible near the sun to people with webcams, cell phones, and airplane windows

Well maybe you should tell them, cause all I have seen is mostly lens flares when people are claiming a planet or 2nd Sun is next to our Sun. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Then why was your first reaction to question whether or not I even had a telescope? I think we both know the answer to that question.

Apparently you have a difficult time reading. Again, because I also don't always look at people's signatures when responding, I mean why the hell would I say that if I did? Why are you so upset anyway, having a bad day?

Perhaps I do pat myself on the back some, but at least I'm intellectually honest.

Nah, I just think you're the kind of person who in the real world likes to listen to themselves talk, such a bundle of joy to be around I am sure. It's not my problem that you got all butt hurt over something so small.

With that being said though I think this explains your position perfectly, the more you know, the more you know you don't know. Course there is a very big possibility that you don't know that you don't know. Either way, It makes no difference to me though.

~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

i dont now if antone else as thought of this but,
could it be in orbit the other side of the sun so we never get to see it
in my opinion thats the only way it could exist without being seen
i now we have two scopes looking at the sun at all times but these images could be altered

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
WESTON, FLORIDA - 11/24/14

www.facebook.com...
edit on 2014-11-26 by Promagstyle because: Link issue

Miami, Floria - 11/26/214 - Before Dawn Today

www.facebook.com...

edit on 2014-11-26 by Promagstyle because: (Adding more links and then my comments.)

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada!
edit on 2014-11-26 by Promagstyle because: Adding more links and then my comments.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: maryhinge
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

i dont now if antone else as thought of this but,
could it be in orbit the other side of the sun so we never get to see it
in my opinion thats the only way it could exist without being seen
i now we have two scopes looking at the sun at all times but these images could be altered

I assume in the same orbital path as earth -- lust opposite, or else its orbital period would be different than Earth's.

Fine...But if it is always exactly on the opposite side of the Sun, and has always been there (nobody has noticed it in the past), then it seems to me that it wouldn't pose any danger to us.

Having said that, I'm sure we would have noticed perturbations in the orbits of Mars and Venus as this "opposite-side-of-the-sun" planet orbited past them. We haven't. The orbits of the planets is a delicate balancing act, and a planet on the other side of the Sun maybe wouldn't throw off the balance of earth, but it would throw off the balance of the other planets.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

I don't know why you'd say or believe that. It's entirely possible, just not anywhere "close by." If it exists though it will not resemble the characteristics ascribed to it by people like Marshall Masters, Nancy Lieder, and the OP who all seem to think it's perpetually visible near the sun to people with webcams, cell phones, and airplane windows

Well maybe you should tell them, cause all I have seen is mostly lens flares when people are claiming a planet or 2nd Sun is next to our Sun. ~$heopleNation

I'm pretty sure that's what ngchunter was saying. The people who see it as blobs of light near the sun in images taken of the sun are not seeing a real planet.

He's saying any potential Planet X is far out there (perhaps in the kuiper belt), and would not show up as a large round spot near the sun, nor have orbital characteristics anything like Nibiru.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

The orbits of the planets is a delicate balancing act, and a planet on the other side of the Sun maybe wouldn't throw off the balance of earth, but it would throw off the balance of the other planets.

Just a quick question my friend, I am very curious to hear your explanation for exactly how that could be? Meaning, why would it effect the other planets, but not Earth? ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I already did. As I already said, if it exists though it will not resemble the characteristics ascribed to it by people like Marshall Masters, Nancy Lieder, and the OP.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Then why was your first reaction to question whether or not I even had a telescope? I think we both know the answer to that question.

Apparently you have a difficult time reading. Again, because I also don't always look at people's signatures when responding, I mean why the hell would I say that if I did?

Forget the signature, in the post you responded to I said, and I quote, "It can be viewed with my telescope too." Your reaction to this was to cast doubt on the notion that I even had a telescope. Why are you acting like you didn't know I had one when the post you responded said I did? As for why you tried to cast doubt, isn't it obvious? Well of course it is, but you're obfuscating. You brought up CW Leonis as an example of something that could only be seen in infrared as an excuse for why it hadn't been seen by observers in general. In fact, CW Leonis is so important to you that it's in your avatar. It was damaging to your point for me to then point out that amateurs like me HAVE seen it in infrared just fine, so your first attempt at a response was to cast doubt on whether I actually had the equipment I said I had. If you could get people to believe I was lying then my point would fall.

Why are you so upset anyway, having a bad day?

No, I'm having a great day, I'm just not letting you get away with this.

Nah, I just think you're the kind of person who in the real world likes to listen to themselves talk, such a bundle of joy to be around I am sure. It's not my problem that you got all butt hurt over something so small.

Your decision to try to paint me as a liar is indeed your problem, and I am simply not letting you sweep it under the rug.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The "amateur astronomer" argument always makes me laugh. The single astronomy class I took in college taught me that astronomers dont just search the sky willy nilly. An amateur astronomer will be looking at exactly what they're told to look at or have been looking at.
There could be 2 billion "amateur astronomers", if none are looking for Planet X, they won't just happen to find it.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Forget the signature, in the post you responded to I said, and I quote, "It can be viewed with my telescope too." Your reaction to this was to cast doubt on the notion that I even had a telescope. Why are you acting like you didn't know I had one when the post you responded said I did?

Why do you want to forget the signature now? Had I noticed it, I would not have said what I said that has your panties all wadded up. You being a professional with a telescope, when compared to just any Tom, Dick or Harry, yes it does make a difference.

As for why you tried to cast doubt, isn't it obvious? Well of course it is, but you're obfuscating. You brought up CW Leonis as an example of something that could only be seen in infrared as an excuse for why it hadn't been seen by observers in general. In fact, CW Leonis is so important to you that it's in your avatar.

CW Leonis looks much different in infrared, and that is a fact. Also, its in my Avatar because I liked the image, nothing more, nothing less. Why does that bother you so much?

It was damaging to your point for me to then point out that amateurs like me HAVE seen it in infrared just fine, so your first attempt at a response was to cast doubt on whether I actually had the equipment I said I had. If you could get people to believe I was lying then my point would fall.

Why are you so concerned about what other people think, is this some sort of peeing contest? Do you think people log onto ATS every day thinking to themselves........I wonder if anyone punked ngchunter yet? I just can't wait to see him proved wrong! LMAO! Get over yourself, because in the grand scheme of things, you're not that important.

I will say that I have enjoyed your pictures in that other thread, and I would not call you a novice. Stubborn as hell maybe, but no beginner.

No, I'm having a great day, I'm just not letting you get away with this.

Get away with what? Jeezus, there is no agenda or conspiracy here to slander you, it was a simple misunderstanding, take a deep breath and calm down already. I suggest a cold glass of eggnog.

Your decision to try to paint me as a liar is indeed your problem, and I am simply not letting you sweep it under the rug.

Now I called you a liar? Know what I think? I think that you're coming unhinged over nothing. It's the holidays, enjoy yourself, I am not your enemy my friend. ~$heopleNation
edit on 26-11-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
An amateur astronomer will be looking at exactly what they're told to look at or have been looking at.

"Told"?
Who tells them?

There could be 2 billion "amateur astronomers", if none are looking for Planet X, they won't just happen to find it.

Historically, most asteroids and comets have been found by amateur astronomers. They take photographs of a part of the sky over a period of time, and then look for a faint point of light that may be moving in a different path against the backdrop of the other stars. Anything they see moving in a direction that not the same direction as the background stars could be previously undiscovered comets and asteroids.

Any unknown planet could also be found in this same way by the amateurs as they looked for comets and asteroids. A planet (same as an asteroid or comet) would not move the same as the background stars.

edit on 11/26/2014 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Forget the signature, in the post you responded to I said, and I quote, "It can be viewed with my telescope too." Your reaction to this was to cast doubt on the notion that I even had a telescope. Why are you acting like you didn't know I had one when the post you responded said I did?

Why do you want to forget the signature now? Had I noticed it, I would not have said what I said that has your panties all wadded up.

Why forget the signature? Because the fact that I outright stated it in the post itself is way more obvious anyway, I simply brought up the signature because you made it sound like you would have had to remember my posts from a specific thread when it's in every post I make, but even that doesn't matter; it's in the very post you responded to!

CW Leonis looks much different in infrared,

I know what it looks like in infrared, I've imaged it in infrared myself as I showed in the post you responded to with doubt that I had a telescope. It looks like any other star, frankly, it's just much much brighter in infrared than in visible light. It looks strange in the picture in your avatar because of the quirks of the IRAS telescope and because of how the image data was processed (rather badly in the case of CW Leonis in that particular version of the data).

Why are you so concerned about what other people think, is this some sort of peeing contest? Do you think people log onto ATS every day thinking to themselves........I wonder if anyone punked ngchunter yet? I just can't wait to see him proved wrong! LMAO! Get over yourself, because in the grand scheme of things, you're not that important.

I have the reputation I have because I don't let it slide when people accuse me of being a liar. Some people choose to ignore such attacks, so be it, but I choose to make an example of people who try it. You're just upset because I didn't let it slide. Look at what you just said, you just want me to "get over it" and ignore it.

Now I called you a liar? Know what I think? I think that you're coming unhinged over nothing. It's the holidays, enjoy yourself, I am not your enemy my friend.

You are not my friend. I shall let you hang on your own words once more.

It can be viewed with my telescope too. In infrared.
h.dropcanvas.com...

a reply to: ngchunter
I own a very nice telescope, but I wonder if you in fact do cause not every object is illuminated by Sun Light at certain times, and at other times never. ~$heopleNation

You made the decision to come at me swinging, accusing me of being condescending and suggesting that I do not actually own a telescope. Don't act so shocked that I do not accept your suggestion that you are my friend. I'm not the "sheople" you apparently mistake me for.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The "amateur astronomer" argument always makes me laugh. The single astronomy class I took in college taught me that astronomers dont just search the sky willy nilly.

They actually do, systematically. That single astronomy class you took was clearly not enough.

An amateur astronomer will be looking at exactly what they're told to look at or have been looking at.

So how does one look for Planet X? Is this somehow different to looking for any other Solar System body, such as asteroids or Kuiper belt objects? They all look like a point of light that is moving relative to the stars.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
a reply to: Bedlam

I don't know where to begin with your rant?

There's only two sentences, and it's hardly a rant. More of a verbal facepalm.

so i'll just say that you are mis/uninformed..there is a wealth of evidence to suggest that it is knocking on the door

Perhaps you can present some of it, preferably omitting cites from crank sites. If a brown dwarf/gas giant was swooping through the system, you'd think it would be fairly evident, so it shouldn't be difficult to substantiate.

and by the way the mainstream science and 'the arts' is all controlled by TPTB....yes some brave individuals have leaked info/images and they have also been silenced permanently.

Tripe.

...our understanding of the 'laws of the game' and space is infantile IMO.

To the point you've totally foregone learning beans about orbital mechanics and physics, it would seem.

I know brown dwarfs have been tracked on their orbits (many take thousands of years,as is the case with our own) but the point is,until one has been tracked for the entire duration of it's orbit then it is all 'guesswork' albeit educated guesswork...so the true nature,habits and orbital velocity and path cannot be known with certainty..and we have been researching this since the 90's roughly,so that is quite telling...anyway,She is coming soon trust in that.

Basic orbital mechanics has been well known since Kepler and Brahe. So, yeah, you can know quite a bit about any orbiting body. One of many things you can also know is that you can see gas giants that are approaching the plane of the ecliptic. Heck, you can see them way before then. And...nada. Not only that, but there are all SORTS of other effects. And again, nada. Because there is no Nibiru-ish planet X. There likely is an astronomical planet x, out past the Kuiper belt.

Basic astronomy...it's one of those things you can research. The same for orbital mechanics. Grant you, that'll take some math. I always liked "Orbital Mechanics for Engineering Students" over Bates' book. But there are plenty of them out there. Actual 'research' involves a bit more than 'how many crank sites can I read'.

I sure hope there is a burn unit on Planet X, cause EndofDays77 just got burnt.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This makes me laugh. The Op, PLanetXishere, has always stated that Nibiru/planet x is just round the corner, about to pop out from behind the sun or wherever and SUPRISE us all! ..of course, since that is total nonsense, it didn't happen. So now, 2 years later, he moves the goal posts WIDE and says "See???? I told you so, there MIGHT be another planet way way out there, beyond Neptune's orbit"

Something that has never ever been disputed by astronomers and is nowhere near what he has always argued in here...

Classic behaviour. Absolutely classic and we expected nothing less from you sir

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
ATS mobile is terrible & totally weirded up my quote/reply.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
ATS mobile screwing with me as usual.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The "amateur astronomer" argument always makes me laugh. The single astronomy class I took in college taught me that astronomers dont just search the sky willy nilly. An amateur astronomer will be looking at exactly what they're told to look at or have been looking at.

Perhaps you and the person who starred your post should get out a little more and learn more about amateur astronomers than what you were told in your single astronomy class. No one tells me what to look at (though ironically if told where I can find Planet X/Nibiru I will gladly point my telescope there and show you what's really there). And yes, I do search the skies willy nilly as I see fit. In fact, some even search the skies systematically for anything new that they can find, and they do find many comets and asteroids.
discovermagazine.com...
Sky and Telescope's server appears to be down right now but they have a great article on this as well:
www.skyandtelescope.com...
I guess your teacher didn't teach you about that.
edit on 26-11-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

"Told"?
Who tells them?

[B] Exactly! [/B]

Historically, most asteroids and comets have been found by amateur astronomers. They take photographs of a part of the sky over a period of time, and then look for a faint point of light that may be moving in a different path against the backdrop of the other stars. Anything they see moving in a direction that not the same direction as the background stars could be previously undiscovered comets and asteroids.

Any unknown planet could also be found in this same way by the amateurs as they looked for comets and asteroids. A planet (same as an asteroid or comet) would not move the same as the background stars.

I'm sorry, but do you really think astronomers use pictures of the sky & compare visual light sources?

Yes. That's what all-sky survey data is for. I can rapidly and easily use astrometry to calibrate the image scale of my images and compare them directly to pre-existing sky survey data to see if anything has moved or anything new is in my images. I do so all the time.

Go take astronomy 101 at the local community college.

Apparently Astronomy 101 didn't teach you much about what amateurs like me are capable of.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join