It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science News..........."If Planet X exists........."

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Well you'll notice I only said that if you take all the material in the asteroid belt and put it all together it would not even be the size of our moon.

But that's with the material that is in the asteroid belt....NOW.

Absolutely no one can tell you, me or anyone else how much material was in the belt say, 4 billion years ago? We only have computer models that suggest (emphasis on that word).

It's quite possible that there was a lot more material there a long time ago, and over eons of time, Jupiter has moved about some, and could have flung some of it out of our solar system, flung some of it in towards the sun (Late Bombardment period springs to mind).

They have very good models and theories, we've had literally centuries now of observational data, and of course with modern times we have a LOT more data to add to that, with computers to help us figure things out.

But I won't sit here and tell you that there is NO way that the asteroid belt could ever have been a planet. Because I don't know that (neither do any astronomers really. They have strong theories and models, but they don't have time machines with cameras in them, hehehe).

I can tell you that right NOW there is not enough, no. But there are ideas and theories that show it may have had much more material in the past.

It's all Jupiter's fault really. That giant has wandered about ever so slowly in it's orbit, just enough so that it's gravity influences the asteroid belt.

I don't know if there ever was a planet in the asteroid belt in the past. I do know that, as we define them right now, there IS a dwarf planet in the belt right now. hehehe.

Ceres

The IAU (International Astronomical Union) has Ceres classified as a Dwarf Planet now (it was just considered a very large asteroid before.....and even a full blown planet a very long time ago).

Which Dawn should be reaching it between March and April next year. Can't wait for the images of it.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Well now you really got me interested. I also wonder if that asteroid belt is somehow connected to Mars possibly being a dead Earth, or even a young Earth. Anyway I love talking about anything to do with Space.

Hey I just want to say that I have bumped heads with some of you a few times in the past long ago, but I honestly like and respect all you guys a lot, your photos and such. I have learned many things from You, Wildespace, wmd ect. I am far from perfect, but one of the reasons I log on to ATS is because of folks like you.

Yeah anyway, I missed when they made you a Mod, congrats my friend. You're a pretty reasonable and level headed guy, so good choice by ATS. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Thanks!

I'll leave you tonight with this (because I'm fixing to log off for a while):

Mars. What did happen to it?

Best theories out there are that it formed, was a lot like Earth (except size), but it's core cooled quickly (because of it's size) so it was not able to maintain it's magnetic field as long and as strong as Earth's, so once it weakened enough, the solar wind started to slowly strip away the atmosphere of Mars to where it is now: so low that water can't stay on the surface in liquid form.

Now, I have NO scientific data or papers to back me up on this. Just my imagination. But think on this:

Take a look at our solar system...Mercury, Venus, Earth......you'll notice the planets get bigger as you go out. But then we hit Mars, and it goes way down.

Why?

Based on current models of how our solar system formed, each planet is unique in it's materials because of where they formed in their orbits. It's why the inner planets are rocky, and the outer ones much bigger and gassy.

Now think about huge Jupiter....and the asteroid belt......and Mars.

What if Mars is the size it is because Jupiter kept material that would have helped form a bigger Mars from being there? They know that Jupiter has wandered about (or models suggest that it has).

Most likely completely wrong. But yes, even I look at things and go: "Hmmmmmm....."

Have a great night.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Could an unseen planet, a Planet X, be holding the orbits of all these far-out bodies in place?

“The idea’s not crazy,” says David Jewitt, a planetary scientist at the University of California, Los Angeles. “But I think the evidence is slim.” The trail of bread crumbs leading to an undiscovered planet is sparse: just 12 chunks of ice lead the way.

So we've gone from an idea that was considered crazy to a chance that is slim. Interesting. Maybe I won't have to change my name afterall...........

I couldn't help but be reminded of a scene from one of my favorite movies:

Seriously, if there is a 'planet x' it's probably not the 'planet x' that has been described on countless ATS threads.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Now think about huge Jupiter....and the asteroid belt......and Mars.

What if Mars is the size it is because Jupiter kept material that would have helped form a bigger Mars from being there? They know that Jupiter has wandered about (or models suggest that it has).

Most likely completely wrong. But yes, even I look at things and go: "Hmmmmmm....."

Have a great night.

You too buddy. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

There could have been a losely-bound protoplanet that got disintegrated by Jupiter's gravity. But I think it's more likely that the asteroid belt is simply the leftover bits from the formation of the Solar System (there were a lot of these throughout the whole protoplanetary disc), being kept, or "shepherded" in the belt by the gravities of Mars and Jupiter. Being "shepherded" means that any asteroids that get too far away from the belt will either impact Jupiter or Mars, or get flung by their gravities further out.

Here's a cool animation of this idea, but I'm not sure how accurate it is: imgur.com...

A good example of such "shepherding" is the rings of Saturn; they (and the gaps between them) are being kept tightly bound by Saturn's moons.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

For Your viewing pleasure:

I couldn't get the pic to work so I sent You a U2U. I apologize for the inconvenience and intrusion into Your privacy. There is an 'Orbit of Planet X' in which I sent.
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: Couldn't get the link to show pic.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
The "amateur astronomer" argument always makes me laugh. The single astronomy class I took in college taught me that astronomers dont just search the sky willy nilly. An amateur astronomer will be looking at exactly what they're told to look at or have been looking at.
There could be 2 billion "amateur astronomers", if none are looking for Planet X, they won't just happen to find it.

You took astronomy class and studied astronomers activities instead of astronomy?

Did you pay for that education?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just see some one mention how the asteroid belt came to be..i really do suspect that it is remenants of the planet that used to reside there,something to ponder, is that the asteroids contain volcanic hallmarks,which can only form on a planet?? i also suspect that all comets, originate from this once known 'body' as well,hence the (frozen) water on them,which used to be oceans.

The exploding planet hypothesis is very interesting and would support the Sumerien claims even more so...also to mention the huge scar on our own planet that is under the Pacific,this goes right down to the crust,Sitchin claimed this to originate from a collision,on what was the then Tiamat and Nibiru..i do believe in a lot of Sitchins work and findings,but this instance i would say that Tiamat could well have been destroyed by a weapon (of unimaginable power) Velikovsky touches on some great areas in this field,going back to Sitchin i think that the link with gold and the Annunaki was not to mend their atmosphere, but to obtain mono-atomic gold for longevity and cognitive improvement..

Loving the thread need to read through it some more.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Hey great idea as this has already been addressed

Just see some one mention how the asteroid belt came to be..i really do suspect that it is remenants of the planet that used to reside there,something to ponder,

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Just see some one mention how the asteroid belt came to be..i really do suspect that it is remenants of the planet that used to reside there,something to ponder,

Most of the matter in that area was scooped up in forming Jupiter. Jupiter is so massive that a large body could not form there.

is that the asteroids contain volcanic hallmarks,which can only form on a planet??

No, they do not contain "volcanic hallmarks." Some of the larger asteroids had enough radioactive material in them that they became hot enough to melt metal and silicates, resulting in a differentiated composition. Chunks of these asteroids can be solid metal or contain plutonic minerals.

i also suspect that all comets, originate from this once known 'body' as well,hence the (frozen) water on them,which used to be oceans.

Comets are left-over materials that did not aggregate to form planetesimals, which would in turn "grow into" planets.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Thanks! Ya, I chose the name when I was just finding out about all of this. I had way more ego back then, so I guess that means I attached some importance to being a bit of a maverick. However, now I care more about the truth and try to not have attachments to ideas, things, emotions etc. Just really still attached to some people and nature now.

No wise bird here, but i would say, secure your attachments to the truth.
Even if that truth drags you thru the streets.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Since the total mass of the asteroid belt is only around 4% of the Moon's the chances are slim.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i saw a while ago the astronomers observed a gas giant orbiting its star about 12 times farther out than Jupiter is from our star. so yeah. its possible. its probably pretty common, we just dont know. do reptilians live there? probably not.
edit on 27-11-2014 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

so yeah. its possible.
Not so much.
WISE:

What it didn’t discover, though, was another giant planet in our solar system. And it’s pretty definitive: It would’ve seen a planet the size of Saturn out to a distance of 1.5 trillion kilometers, more than a tenth of a light year! A planet the size of Jupiter would’ve been seen out to twice that far.

www.slate.com...

That's 26,000 AU. That's 5,200 times farther out than Jupiter is from the Sun.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The problem with "Planet X" is anyone who wasn't paying attention laughed and thought any believer said it was going to crash in to earth. Quite hilarious really.

It could be out there. Do I think it has caused extinction(level) events in the past? I can't say. It depends what it is and how/where it travels. IF it is there.

I think it's presence shouldn't be a huge shock really - It's just the taboo name of "planet X" that makes everyone think if you talk about Planet X or of course Nibiru.... ya'lls crayzee.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
First of all, I am very sorry for the music in the video.
If it really does exist, I can only believe that the US, Russia, and China want to acknowledge this to the general population.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Promagstyle

Lens flare im not sorry to say.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Just see some one mention how the asteroid belt came to be..i really do suspect that it is remenants of the planet that used to reside there,something to ponder, is that the asteroids contain volcanic hallmarks,which can only form on a planet?? i also suspect that all comets, originate from this once known 'body' as well,hence the (frozen) water on them,which used to be oceans.

The exploding planet hypothesis is very interesting and would support the Sumerien claims even more so...also to mention the huge scar on our own planet that is under the Pacific,this goes right down to the crust,Sitchin claimed this to originate from a collision,on what was the then Tiamat and Nibiru..i do believe in a lot of Sitchins work and findings,but this instance i would say that Tiamat could well have been destroyed by a weapon (of unimaginable power) Velikovsky touches on some great areas in this field,going back to Sitchin i think that the link with gold and the Annunaki was not to mend their atmosphere, but to obtain mono-atomic gold for longevity and cognitive improvement..

You definitely need to reach out and kindly ask for some of that cognitive improving mono-atomic gold. The fact you post this nonsense is bewildering. Maybe it's because I am relatively new here, but it's really hard to understand whether you are purposefully presenting yourself as detached from reason and reality or you are simply trying to elicit a remark in-kind. I don't know. I read Bedlam's response to one of your page 1 remarks and figured you would have been encouraged by some of the real, objective analysis they provided, and that you may be all the wiser for having read the response. I don't know what to think about your input here in this thread. Are you trying to retard the intellectual growth of ATS members, or simply fishing for a response that may get one of us warned/banned or whatever?

Some really smart people provide unbiased, lay examples of scientific facts/principles that escape most of us here on ATS, and that's a big part of the reason I take time to read each page of a thread (I do have to cop to becoming frustrated with a couple responses and commenters in a thread once and replied without having read the entire thread, therefore I came across as an ass and clearly not doing my due diligence in reading the thread in its entirety - I learned my lesson. My apologies Zaphod and BASSPLYR).

What's your motivation to post the nonsense you post? I mean, for all the hate Wikipedia may get for not being an completely vetted research tool, that site should become your new best friend. You would easily be able to dispel notions such as volcanic activity on any of the celestial bodies in the Asteroid Belt, for example. Hell, you would even be able to discern that most all comets originate from way, way, way out in the outer part of the solar system called the Oort Cloud. Take 5 minutes on Wikipedia and you would immediately realize what you claimed/conjectured/speculated in this post isn't remotely even possible. People have been star-gazing with enhanced optics for some 400 years, why don't you spend some time researching the history of astronomy instead of spewing nonsense? You could begin with Kepler in the late 16th century and fast-forward to Max Planck for some ideas on the underlying forces that Einstein would go on to turn into his theories of relativity. I would encourage starting with Kepler. Very interesting and convicted man. Don't forget Richard Feynman if you're into quantum theory, as he does an excellent job of turning the almost impossible to understand into a fairly easy read for the lay of quantum mechanics.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
So we've gone from an idea that was considered crazy to a chance that is slim. Interesting. Maybe I won't have to change my name afterall...........

No, I don't think the mainstream has ever labeled the possibility as crazy. What is considered crazy shouting Niburu at every doom-laden oppurtunity.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join