It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science News..........."If Planet X exists........."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This subtitle gave me a laugh given how many on here vowed that Planet X did not exist.

Obviously not conclusive proof, but some now think it is possible. Of course the most astute and successful non-conformist scientists have never made pronouncements with absolutes, as what we know and what we think we know in science changes almost daily.

Are we being prepped for some other announcement?

Could an unseen planet, a Planet X, be holding the orbits of all these far-out bodies in place?

“The idea’s not crazy,” says David Jewitt, a planetary scientist at the University of California, Los Angeles. “But I think the evidence is slim.” The trail of bread crumbs leading to an undiscovered planet is sparse: just 12 chunks of ice lead the way. But it’s enough to get some researchers wondering about a ninth (or 10th, depending on your attitude regarding Pluto) planet roaming the outer solar system and how it might have arrived there.

A distant Planet may lurk far beyond Neptune

So we've gone from an idea that was considered crazy to a chance that is slim. Interesting. Maybe I won't have to change my name afterall...........

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

For the record anything is possible and I see nothing wrong
with your moniker. So keep it, it's ballsy.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Bad timing to start a new thread, my friend... hahaha... Ferguson chatter will be dominating ATS for the next handful of hours, at least...

Anyways, to your OP.. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, we are learning more and more about the solar system each day, so maybe we will one day find this mythical planet X... But if planet X is true, I think the Govt./NASA/etc. would have a hard time hiding it if it got closer, especially with all the amateur astronomers we have out there today..

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is nothing new. !st I remember mention of Planet X was in the mid 70-'s when Astronomaurs said there had to be a much larger object further out past Pluto to explain the gravitational pull on Uranus's and Neptune orbits.

In my opinion, I think theres a chance this "Planet X" object might be a "Dyson Sphere" hence why we cannot see it.

There are also theories it may be our suns binary twin that never ignited.

Imagine that? igniting another star that far out....it could make some of the outer planets habitable.......

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
This subtitle gave me a laugh given how many on here vowed that Planet X did not exist.

I never said another planet beyond Neptune could not exist. I don't know anyone, anyone who thinks that. It's just that YOUR idea of "planet X" is false. You're attempting to hijack scientific hypotheses of "planet X" with your idea that "planet X is here" as in, here in the inner solar system and about to pass our planet (www.abovetopsecret.com... www.abovetopsecret.com... ). In fact you seem to think it's so close that it's being witnessed by people with regular cameras in airplanes www.abovetopsecret.com... . This is amusingly contrary to the scientific hypothesis of planet X that you are attempting to co-opt. The hypothesis of a planet beyond Neptune, so far away that it is actively influencing and constraining the arguments of perihelia of the orbits of Sedna, VP 113, et al, is directly at odds with your beliefs about Planet X being "here." You of course latch onto the term but all the term really means is an undiscovered planet orbiting our sun. It is not in agreement with your stated beliefs though.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Maybe I won't have to change my name afterall...

You might. To PlanetXisTHERE....way, way, way out there.
I know it's a little long. but it has a certain ring to it.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
But if planet X is true, I think the Govt./NASA/etc. would have a hard time hiding it if it got closer, especially with all the amateur astronomers we have out there today..

He would disagree (www.abovetopsecret.com... ). I do wonder if PlanetXisHere believes that they already do know the location of his "Planet X" and ARE covering it up, as described in these videos?

PlanetXisHere has previously stated he believes they could, and would (I guess he thinks amateur astronomers are less competent at finding it than passengers in airplanes with cell phone cameras?), and given how close he seems to think it is I can only assume he believes that exactly that kind of cover-up is already underway?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
There's a big difference between postulating the existence of a body based on evidence and theory that helps to explain the observations of known bodies, and predicting the end of the world based on some half-cocked nonsense and insisting you can see something where something isn't.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I really hope this Planet X is real and it turns up soon, but why is it named Planet X,. Maybe our long lost cousins live there,
Keep your avatar name and Hunab ku a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You are in for a shocker!

I was skeptical at first of such a thing called Nibiru or Planet X, or whatever. It has many names.

As continued to research on the topic and dive into many other websites.
I have come to a conclusion that Planet X does exist, but not without seeing it with my own eyes.

Some major update on Planet X
www.youtube.com...

Turriabla Volcano Cam, during the daylight hours you should be able to see Nibiru.
www.ovsicori.una.ac.cr...

Daily and fairly recent pictures of NIbiru
www.facebook.com...

Wael Baseem
www.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Who was it that vowed that? Certainly not the mainstream supporters, as the mainstream astronomy accepts the possibility of a planet beyond Neptune. It just hasn't been found yet (if it exists). But it wasn't considered a crazy idea.

Instead of pointing fingers at the mainstream astronomy and saying "see, I told you so, there's a Nibiru out there!", consider that it's the hallmark of real science to discover, learn, find truth through observations and measurements. Speculations cannot get you very far in search for truth.
edit on 25-11-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm not applying this to the OP, but it's also interesting that 'mainstream science' is mistrusted, accused of secrecy and manipulating results - until it finds something with which those who criticise it agree.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Again, an ATS specialty. Look for a keyword on google, find something that seems to be the same, and claim that it's exactly the same thing as something else with the same name. The last one was 'targeting'.

This one is 'planet x'.

You have two "planet x" things that are totally different.

One doesn't exist. That's "Nibiru" or the "planet x" that swoops through the inner solar system, causing calamities, and was talked about at length (inaccurately, I might add) by Sitchin.

This one is totally bogus bullcrap.

The one in the first post MIGHT exist, but it's not at all the same thing. The term "planet x", used by astronomers, refers to a possible distantly orbiting body that cannot be seen by telescopes (yet). It's a convenient solution to several problems in orbital mechanics dealing with the Oort cloud and the behavior of transPlutonian bodies and comets.

You would never be able to see it with the naked eye. It would never swoop through the inner system. You won't be taking pictures of it on phones, or surveillance cameras. Because it's in a normal orbit billions of miles outside of Pluto.

To review:

Sitchin: O MAH GERD I misread some key seals and there's a planet/sun/brown dwarf full of flying monkeys that swoops through between Earth and Mars every 6000 years and we are GONNA DIE!!!1!! If I misread this seal correctly, it's called NIBIRU!!11!!

Astronomers: We found a smallish gas giant in a normal Solar orbit outside the Kuiper belt, past Sedna, with a perihelion of 80 AUs. It's the farthest orbiting object we've gotten an orbit on so far, for now we'll call it "Biden", ha ha. It helps explain the orbital behavior of Sedna, and it almost solves some issues we're having with cometary genesis, but not enough. We think there's probably another one past Biden. Since we haven't spotted it yet, we're still going to call it 'planet x'.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Promagstyle
You are in for a shocker!

I was skeptical at first of such a thing called Nibiru or Planet X, or whatever. It has many names.

As continued to research on the topic and dive into many other websites.
I have come to a conclusion that Planet X does exist, but not without seeing it with my own eyes.

Some major update on Planet X
www.youtube.com...

Anyone taken in by the BS on that video really needs some help with basic science and optics !!!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Great thread Planet X Is Here!

I am amazed how much interest has been generated by the Ferguson protests thread,when really this should be the topic of discussion,as it will effect each and every one of us once 'it' arrives.

To me and many others that have been following this saga over the years,this announcement that you have highlighted, is quite clearly a slow roll announcement to the fact that this object is NOT on the edge of the solar system as is postulated, but inbound from below the ecliptic nearing perihelion, inside Earth orbit!!

Props to you for bringing this attention, as it is almost taboo to talk about it on forums like this (such is the scale of indoctrination,dis-info and well bullying)

Just for a moment going back to Ferguson..but take a good look at the situation there i.e. the response from citizens...and now think what it will be like when the announcement to the actual impending passage is announced..but remember there will be no cops (in the last days/weeks) as they will want to be with there loved ones..well,it doesn't bear thinking about really,it will be unprecedented!

I have seen this object at sunrise,so after that and 12 years of research i say prepare!! and don't delay..another sad fact to ponder,is that even if we were all warned now or even 10 years ago,the sheer logistics of relocating most of the global population will be a nearly impossible task (although this has not stopped China making arrangements for their people)-www.examiner.com...

So basically it will be a mass die off and only those perceptive enough and gifted with independent thought maybe able to act..one more thing,i think 'they' will drop the money putting people in a difficult position and distracted,additionally 'they' will push for marshall law to keep people in the 'death zones' of the major cities and coasts etc.

There is so much hope though,the world will be afresh afterwards and a new age will begin!

Just a passionate 2 cents there..

ETA: a wee linky here as well:poleshift.ning.com...
edit on 25-11-2014 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

If you're seeing it at sunrise, it's likely Venus.

And no, nothing's approaching Earth's orbit.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

So basically it will be a mass die off and only those perceptive enough and gifted with independent thought maybe able to act..one more thing,i think 'they' will drop the money putting people in a difficult position and distracted,additionally 'they' will push for marshall law to keep people in the 'death zones' of the major cities and coasts etc.

So through perception and independent thought I needn't worry? Well that's a relief. And here I thought some binary star was gonna come in and incinerate us.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

I thought this Planet X malarkey was behind us with the passing of 2012 and the nubiru rubbish.

Just how did you see this planet when it's further out than Neptune.

You ever seen Neptune with the naked eye before?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I don't know where to begin with your rant? so i'll just say that you are mis/uninformed..there is a wealth of evidence to suggest that it is knocking on the door and by the way the mainstream science and 'the arts' is all controlled by TPTB....yes some brave individuals have leaked info/images and they have also been silenced permanently.

Just to let you know, the 'global warming' farce has been exposed in leaked university e-mails and there are scientists who realize that a single volcano can dwarf human output of C02 in a day..this religious organisation (science) you speak of, is as corrupt as,well,every other known organisation, as they have all been infiltrated by TPTB,our understanding of the 'laws of the game' and space is infantile IMO.

I know brown dwarfs have been tracked on their orbits (many take thousands of years,as is the case with our own) but the point is,until one has been tracked for the entire duration of it's orbit then it is all 'guesswork' albeit educated guesswork...so the true nature,habits and orbital velocity and path cannot be known with certainty..and we have been researching this since the 90's roughly,so that is quite telling...anyway,She is coming soon trust in that.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
a reply to: Bedlam

I don't know where to begin with your rant?

There's only two sentences, and it's hardly a rant. More of a verbal facepalm.

so i'll just say that you are mis/uninformed..there is a wealth of evidence to suggest that it is knocking on the door

Perhaps you can present some of it, preferably omitting cites from crank sites. If a brown dwarf/gas giant was swooping through the system, you'd think it would be fairly evident, so it shouldn't be difficult to substantiate.

and by the way the mainstream science and 'the arts' is all controlled by TPTB....yes some brave individuals have leaked info/images and they have also been silenced permanently.

Tripe.

...our understanding of the 'laws of the game' and space is infantile IMO.

To the point you've totally foregone learning beans about orbital mechanics and physics, it would seem.

I know brown dwarfs have been tracked on their orbits (many take thousands of years,as is the case with our own) but the point is,until one has been tracked for the entire duration of it's orbit then it is all 'guesswork' albeit educated guesswork...so the true nature,habits and orbital velocity and path cannot be known with certainty..and we have been researching this since the 90's roughly,so that is quite telling...anyway,She is coming soon trust in that.

Basic orbital mechanics has been well known since Kepler and Brahe. So, yeah, you can know quite a bit about any orbiting body. One of many things you can also know is that you can see gas giants that are approaching the plane of the ecliptic. Heck, you can see them way before then. And...nada. Not only that, but there are all SORTS of other effects. And again, nada. Because there is no Nibiru-ish planet X. There likely is an astronomical planet x, out past the Kuiper belt.

Basic astronomy...it's one of those things you can research. The same for orbital mechanics. Grant you, that'll take some math. I always liked "Orbital Mechanics for Engineering Students" over Bates' book. But there are plenty of them out there. Actual 'research' involves a bit more than 'how many crank sites can I read'.
edit on 25-11-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join