It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Raping Women! Please!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

That's a pretty scary story! Thank goodness you were able to get a taxi and leave the place.

That's another issue that rarely gets talked about because of the even worse stigma around it. Male on Male rape.

I'm truly glad you were able to avoid a potentially horrific experience.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

I have been drugged before too. Not by a man but by a female coworker. She didnt want to rape me, but I can only imagine what she would have said happened the next day when I woke up in her place.

She actually did it twice. The first time I literally jumped from the cab we were in while heading to her place in the middle of the road and ran and made myself puke. I went into instinct mode when I wasnt there consciously anymore and just ran until I felt normal enough to get back in a cab for home. I thought it was all just cheap liquor that messed me up.

I didnt put 2 and 2 together until the second time out for drinks. She basically robbed me the second time to pay the huge bill she raked up. If it wasnt for inviting a bunch of cops that night from the local precinct who carried me all the way from side walk to bed I dont know what would have happened. They even tucked me in...lol...Another coworker was also my saving grace. This other coworker went into pit-bull mode until I was safe. It was the middle of the south Bronx and I was dead to rights on the sidewalk. I think I tried to run again but collapsed. She noticed I was gone, looked for me, found me, protected me and waited until my cop friends came to help who she alerted to my dilemma. I just met them that week too. Great group of guys.

Its such a cowardly thing to do to drug someone. I was and still am soo mad about it.

I never confronted the girl who drugged me. I couldnt prove it and it would have just blown up in my face. She eventually stopped working with us and was exposed for what she was. A snake.

edit on 11 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric
Well sorry we had to fall out and yes I can see we are on the same page like you say.

Keep in touch and PM me if you like.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
Sounds like you have walked a long path in life too and doping people on a night out is not so uncommon.

Party, drinks and music should come with a health or wealth warning me thinks

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: AgentShillington

originally posted by: AgentShillington
By definition, rapists must rape. If they weren't raping, they wouldn't be rapists.

If you rape once, you are a rapist. One can try to not do it again.

By that definition, if you lie once, you are a liar, and if you steal once you are a thief. I guess I just don't label people like that.

moving on.

Rape is a just a tad more brutal than lying and stealing? NO?

You can play semantics all you want but, this isn't what the thread is about.

If you rape a woman, you take a part of her soul. If you lie to her, you take a part of her trust. If you steal from her, again, you lose her trust.

Soul/trust.

What's more valuable to a person? I'd rather lose my trust any day as opposed to a part of who I am....my soul

Can you prove that rape causes a person to lose part of their soul? Can you prove there is a soul? When people state what appear to be opinions as facts, I like to see some empirical data ;-)

That being said, I do agree, rape is vile, it's generally a brutal one-on-one attack. But let's step it up, let's say your business partners cheat you in a business deal and you lose millions, how does that effect you, your family, your extended family, etc.? What are the psychological ramifications of that kind of rape (rape is the theft of your body temporarily)? How about politicians, changing laws and generally ef'ing up society, sending jobs overseas and destroying the economy, how many lives does that destroy, how many suicides, how many broken families? Now an order of magnitude greater, bankers destroying whole countries over greed and imaginary fiat currency, how many people does that effect? How many people commit suicide, lose hope, have their families torn apart and irreparably destroyed by cheating business partners, scumbag politicians and corrupt bankers?

I see opinions on here for punishments for rape that really are disproportionate to the actual one-on-one crime, especially since none of these ef'ing bankers, politicians or cheating business partners every seem to go to jail. And if they do, what is it, house arrest, a couple of years, a bit of probation for destroying tens to hundreds of thousand lives? I agree with the more "radical" approach above in another post, a 25 cent bullet saves roughly 3 to 6 million dollars over a 20 year period.

Now what do we do about the politicians and bankers ;-)

Cheers - Dave

While I appreciate your input, I don't think bankers and business partners quite fit into this topic. Definitely not politicians unless they are passing laws in regards to rape.

I get your point but, no. Just no.

This is about rape. Not finances, bankers or politics. Although, again I see your point.

I absolutely cannot prove that a soul exists. What I suppose I meant by a soul was, who we are as a person. It takes away a part of who you were before it happened.

After enduring a rape, a person will not and can not ever be the same person they were before it happened.

It causes one to lose a part of themselves. That is what I meant without getting all philosophical or spiritual about the existence or, lack there of, of souls.

I can understand your point from that vantage, eg. after the event you lose something, possibly some part of yourself, obviously/possibly the event changes ones outlook, emotional characteristics, etc. and that is what quantifies the loss. As I said however, it is generally a one-on-one assault that could/would effect surrounding friends and family. My point is that the sentencing once found guilty of such a crime as rape is disproportionate to other financial and presumably social criminal acts that can effect tens to hundreds of thousands of people/families/friends.

Kind of reminds me of the saying, "Kill one person and you're a murderer, kill a million and you're a king." Which can in-turn be applied to, "Rape one woman and you're a rapist, rape a million women and you're the father of a new society." (The English did this with the Scots to try and breed out the Scots.) It then follows that, "Swindle a little old lady, it's larceny, swindle an entire country, it's business as usual." Why do we have lines in the sand that stop at one or two or twenty effected people? Why is it not a crime when the criminal act is performed en masse? As I said, it's disproportionate, one law fits all or one law fits none.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

After reading your original post with a clearer head, I completely understand your point. I absolutely agree with you on every point as well.

The judicial system is extremely flawed.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I don't think people really realize what that sort of violation truly does to a woman. I'm with you, sterilize and castrate.

So if a man gets raped by a women is the violation on the same level in your opinion?

It's only fair in my opinion given what is taken from a woman that endures such trauma.

It never goes away and you become a different person because of another person's selfish actions.

OK I get it.

However, open it up to the whole issue and that being rape in general.

You want to focus on men raping women for personal reasons maybe, doing that here will only get you frustrated and maybe upset by what you read.

Its about control and taking away free will.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Even worse is the stigma surrounded by reporting the assault. Women are terrified of reporting it because they blame themselves or get blamed by authorities.

Uh... I dunno where you come from but in the USA when you report a rape they usually arrest the guy and figure out the details later while the female is at the hospital doing a rape kit. Your assumption couldn't be more incorrect. Authorities have no bone in the fight and don't blame the female if anything there are a lot of cases that are falsely reported and the female never gets in trouble for reporting false allegations. Never have I ever seen a case where they blame a female for being assaulted. That is a very broad assumption and in no way fact.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpintology

In the vast majority of cases I would agree with what you have said but you must have missed some facts from the article. The "authorities" mentioned in the post you replied to refer to the school authorities not an actual police department or sheriff office. The school goes to great lengths to ensure that a sexual assault complaint is handled internally. They lie to victims, obfuscate facts and resort to intimidation. For example in one case they lied to a victim about the jurisdiction of the police when said victim considered filing a report.

The most prudent thing a victim can do is to bypass the school and report crimes directly to the relevant authorities in the jurisdiction. Unfortunately it seems that most victims of crimes on this campus are unaware of who these authorities are. Also, while you are right that law enforcement treats the report seriously and the victim with care, once the news of the report becomes public knowledge on campus many victims are treated....badly to put it mildly.

Sexual assault borders on being a culture at this particular campus. A code of silence and selective ignorance is encouraged. The administration staff prefers to handle complaints y having the victim and the assaulter sit in a room together and share their feelings. No joke. Anyone viewed as having opposed this culture is considered a traitor by student organizations like fraternities. It is quite horrendous and if I had my way all the perpetrators of sex crimes at that campus would be flayed with a scourge. Including the administration for being far more concerned with the public image and fundraising abilities of the school.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

I don't think people really realize what that sort of violation truly does to a woman. I'm with you, sterilize and castrate.

So if a man gets raped by a women is the violation on the same level in your opinion?

It's only fair in my opinion given what is taken from a woman that endures such trauma.

It never goes away and you become a different person because of another person's selfish actions.

OK I get it.

However, open it up to the whole issue and that being rape in general.

You want to focus on men raping women for personal reasons maybe, doing that here will only get you frustrated and maybe upset by what you read.

Its about control and taking away free will.

Rape is wrong no matter what the gender of the aggressor happens to be.

Personally, I can not speak of the effects it has on a male....as I'm not one. If you are a male that has been raped...by either a male or female then, by all means....make your case as to the effects it can have.

The reason I focused on Male to Female rape was because of the link I posted.

If you had read the link, you would have already known that it was about a lone female 18 year old college student that was attacked by multiple male attackers.

Make all the assumptions you choose but, rape is wrong no matter who is raping who.

I chose this post because I saw a story about a young female being dominated by a bunch of males....

It mad me angry and sad.

Plain and frickin' simple!

EVERYONE needs to STOP RAPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully that is clear enough.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpintology

Even worse is the stigma surrounded by reporting the assault. Women are terrified of reporting it because they blame themselves or get blamed by authorities.

Uh... I dunno where you come from but in the USA when you report a rape they usually arrest the guy and figure out the details later while the female is at the hospital doing a rape kit. Your assumption couldn't be more incorrect. Authorities have no bone in the fight and don't blame the female if anything there are a lot of cases that are falsely reported and the female never gets in trouble for reporting false allegations. Never have I ever seen a case where they blame a female for being assaulted. That is a very broad assumption and in no way fact.

You know absolutely nothing of what you spewed in that pathetic post.

Educate yourself a little further and then come back to the thread if you choose.

Obviously there are pathetic women that claim rape when there has been no such thing done to them. Those women should be punished just as harshly as the rapists! I honestly believe that.

It's the woman that are actually raped that are too afraid to report because of the lingering stigma surrounded by the topic.

What does it matter what a woman wears?

Why doesn't it matter what a man is wearing?

What does it matter if a woman is dancing?

Why doesn't it matter if a man is dancing?

Why can't both sexes go out and have a fun time without being accused of bringing it upon themselves?

Oh, that's right....it's only the female that get's that judgement placed upon her. Certainly not the male.

Disgraceful.
edit on 1-12-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
i think i know how to solve the rape issue.

death penalty for rape.
death penalty for false accusation of rape.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join