It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of emergency declared in Missouri preceding Verdict

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

If the camera wants to focus on the local TV store as a hundred people do some early Christmas shopping then I am sure then that is what you will see and if the camera focused and 20,000 angry protestors then that's what you will see.

I bet that not many of these stores are owned by blacks but you can guarantee that if one is focused on in the news then yes, he be d black man

youre gonna see black men on the news ripping that place apart cause that is what is going to happen.
peaceful, lawful protest is going to last about 2 seconds....

then its going to turn into what it did last time...
same as katrina. same as the watts riots. same as rodney king.

theyre going to try and disguise getting free # as protest.

its happened so many times before...why do people think this is going to be different?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Well he seems to have met with some pertinent people close to the Ferguson situation....

Obama Met With Ferguson Activists – Said He’s Concerned They “Stay on Course”

President Obama met with Ferguson protest leaders on November 5th, the day after the midterm elections. The meeting was not on his daily schedule. He was concerned that the protesters “stay on course.”

What does that mean?

And why is the president meeting with the violent Mike Brown protesters before a verdict is reached in the court case?

Hmmm.

Perhaps good intentions?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Obama Met With Ferguson Activists – Said He’s Concerned They “Stay on Course”

According to the Rev. Al Sharpton, who has appeared frequently in St. Louis with the Brown family and delivered a speech at Mr. Brown’s funeral, Mr. Obama “was concerned about Ferguson staying on course in terms of pursuing what it was that he knew we were advocating. He said he hopes that we’re doing all we can to keep peace.”

Yes, he advocated 'peace' - but somehow I find it a little more than odd the President met with these people, the meeting was not on his schedule and he (seemingly to me) did nothing to deter the actions.

peace

edit on 17-11-2014 by silo13 because: oh i'm so anal over spacing!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
maybe if youre one of the million....
not worth it if i am...dont speak for everyone

I was not speaking for everyone, certainty not you but I think even today that the USA has some people that know right from wrong and are prepared to stand up and face death for the freedom of others.

Don't compliment yourself, very unbecoming in my view.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
You cut paste faster than I do, lol!
Thanks for the input...

And now that we're here?

What do you think was running through Obama's head - what can you gleam from his...advice?

peace

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've seen too many 'If they riot, then the police are justified' sort of responses. It reeks of ignorance.

There are peaceful protests all over the world, most of the time nobody hears of them until the first arrest. Issues snowball out of violent protest. It practically the only time anything ever gets done and people start listening.

TPTB like any State, needs the public compliant for it to rule. Its a tiny minority keeping the vast majority in thrall and cannot accomplish this without the help of the serfs. Its in any and all State's interest, to impress upon people, the 'need for peaceful protest', when it is the type of protest that has always and will always be the least effective. All successful peaceful protests have behind them the potential for violence as an option. It was never taken off of the table, regardless of revisionist history you may have read regarding ML King et al.

People here associating stealing TVs to threatening their family need a reality check. When people are literally fighting for their human rights, your 'precious' has to take a backseat. Get your priorities straight.

Even a blind man can see clearly how the judicial system is fatally flawed. US history has shown this time and time again espcially in racially charged incidents in the past and present. A jury of peers is just that; a sample of people from the community, perhaps objectively fair and impartial, but as part of human nature loaded with internal predjucies, fears and confirmation bias.

Any marginalised group knows full well how that plays out in real life. Who catches the breaks and who gets the short stick 'unintentionally', yet statistically disproportionately. Those who never see this in action in first person view, can never understand it, try as they may and come off sounding like naive fools writing a thesis with only half of the information.

Ferguson is just another confirmation of the US still trying to hide its apartheid State status and failing. We have almost a whole country of holocaust deniers, some even still cling to scientific racism and the most shameful to me; that many don't even understand or fully know the true nature of US history and its inception.

Deny ignorance? Pah. Revel in it, by all means.
edit on 17-11-2014 by spacedog1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
USA has some people that know right from wrong and are prepared to stand up and face death for the freedom of others.

Don't compliment yourself, very unbecoming in my view.

not complimenting myself at all.
just dont want you speaking for everyone...

im not one of the ones that would face death for the freedom of others....my family, of course.
you, oh hell no

this 'protest' is never going to be about peoples rights and freedoms.
its going to be about a free blu ray to go with the flat screen from last time

dont kid yourself

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This "President" needs to stay out of affairs such as this, he is race-baiting and causing conflict, it goes back to the black dude getting arrested breaking into his own home in a mis-understanding and bringing the white cop and black man to the white house for a beer summit.

STAY OUT OF IT!

Not everything has to do with race, put away your race card and move on

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is going to get me flak but o well when the African American community can get over this race idea that makes no sense all realized that they been turned into civilized brainwashed slaves like every other race then maybe we can move past this white, yellow, brown, tan, black , neon orange and so on we are all Slaves beeing played on each other and then seperated by Mere pigmintation So over it we should be protesting other things more important things...

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

He said he hopes that we’re doing all we can to keep peace.”

Obama normally talks in tangents and opposites, in fact he is proven liar many times over.

""Keep peace"" could be directed at the "authorities" and taking notes.

There is a big experiment being conducted with Ferguson.

Very disturbing.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedog1973

theyre not fighting for their human rights though...

how many protests, marches, petitions, etc etc were held in the name of human rights in the i unno, forever that ferguson has been around?
once mike brown got shot, then all of a sudden its a human rights issue...all of a sudden its about their rights...

everything musta been hunky dory before then.....

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I call a big pile of BS on that list. Perhaps a little more investigating should be done before throwing more kindle on a fire.

www.facebook.com...

The black population here won't take out the art museums, the gardens or any other city owned attraction. They are the few places where all of the citizens here feel equal.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ahhhh, cut paste the same and think the same.

Here's a nice 'ditto' to your post.

And yes, it is very disturbing...

*grumbles something about not letting a good tragedy go to waste or something like that*

I hope all those involved stay safe -

peace

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I hope the judge doesn't slap Darren Wilson's wrist too hard
he's gonna need it for playing golf on administrative leave.
edit on 17-11-2014 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't like liars or thieves. Burn the whole place down to the ground and make the dregs accountable for their actions. Don't use the wrong you think the world is doing to trash your own backyard. You are sick and the cure is about to come in directly and show you the error of your ways. Peaceful protest isn't rioting or stealing. Better yet, why don't you look at the sorry excuse for a human being that was shot. How can you make this silly bastard a hero? This world is about to blow and most of you deserve what's coming.

I'm for zero tolerance on this deal. Can't protest peacefully, you need to pay and pay you will.

I get like this every so often because I see the macro of it all. Justice is perverted. I want to change the world but I don't know what to do. I guess it has to get bad before it gets better. Same as it ever was. We're too stupid to learn from history or the mistakes made in the past. May god have mercy on your souls.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I'm with ya

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I really don't understand how easy it is for most of you to marginalize... it makes you just as guilty as the media, the justice system and the government. Yeah, there's looters... but they are outnumbered by people protesting, literally, to save their lives and to be recognized as humans entitled to the same treatment from the law that you and I are. It really is heart breaking and demoralizing knowing that there's so many people willing to devalue other humans.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They're spreading the butter on the bread as we speak.....

FBI Warns Ferguson Decision ‘Will Likely’ Lead to Violence By Extremists Protesters

"Those infiltrating and exploiting otherwise legitimate public demonstrations with the intent to incite and engage in violence could be armed..."

edit on Nov-17-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'm asking a respectful question:

In the 'fight for their lives' - what right do 'they' have to destroy and loot the property and lives for those who actually serve them? The Mom & Pop shops who sell them their beer and cigs - along with milk and bread. What gives these 'protestors' the right to act out violently?

And what will violence beget?

See, I believe there are other ways to protest.

And no - I'm not saying they should not protest - I'm pointing out there are ways to do things, and ways not - especially when it hurts your 'own home'...

peace

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedog1973

Thank you for that wonderful post. I am trying to keep some faith in my fellow ATS members to see the larger picture. How members can concern them selves with what may be looted over that of a downtrodden community being the ones who finally stand up and do something about all the police abuse that most ATS'ers post and complain about is a sorry affirmation that some think that we are indeed not all equal. I guess police brutality is only admonished when it's against a white person or their pets.

Funny how almost all news sources are vetted here, especially by senior members....sorry that this subject doesn't see the same scrutiny when it comes to sensational headlines.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join