It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and the new Cold War Against the West

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
China is becoming increasingly defensive against the West, and the US in particular.
It seems we're not the only ones wearing tinfoil hats these days.

Chinese officials have voiced conspiracy theories with relish, accusing foreigners, their companies, national agencies and nongovernmental organizations of plotting to weaken or overthrow the party.

This anti-West sentiment stems from China's attempt to take attention from problems on their home front, specifically because of the widening gap between the haves and the have-nots, reported nearing a crisis in China.

In addition, China is on the offensive to make the US to be an evil empire.

In July, for example, he told Brazil’s National Congress that developing nations must “challenge U.S. hegemony on the Internet.” Two months earlier, Mr. Xi suggested at a conference in Shanghai that the United States should cede power in Asia, saying, “It is for the people of Asia to run the affairs of Asia.”

The surge in anti-Americanism extends beyond speeches. Over the summer, for example, the Chinese government began a security review of foreign NGOs operating in China, as well as Chinese NGOs that receive foreign support, scrutinizing their finances and freezing bank accounts.

How much of this official line is a concern to the US?
Do you think the average Chinese or American really care about the official stance of their governments?

Between Putin's saber-rattling over the Ukraine and Xi's Asian isolation stance, it seems Communism is rearing it's head again.

source:
www.nytimes.com...
edit on Tue Nov 11 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

“It is for the people of Asia to run the affairs of Asia.”

Without anything else, this makes sense to me.

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Communism was the creation of the Illuminatus.....they wished to set up scenarios where conflicting ideologies prevent the world from uniting.....That way they keep control by lending money to both sides to deal with the other.....
Everybody owes mega bucks.....or is basically already owned by them.....The current crisis will benefit only the bankers who rape the world unchecked by honest men....

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I believe China is trying and achieving to be a 19th and early 20th century America Only they are using Communism. America was once a country that loved its isolation and ability to do what it wanted. To grow as a major dominating force, a country must first grow from within, and I believe China is trying to do just that. Although I believe China is a rising force, we "America" still have many footholds in areas that China could only dream about right now, but thats not to say that China isnt trying to do just that. And given any little bit ground they will. Hence the reason China wants Asia for itself, to grow and grow it will
edit on 11-11-2014 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Without anything else, this makes sense to me.

Peace

I agree to a point, but China is not all of Asia, and many other Asian countries do not look at China in good terms. Like the Islands n dispute with Japan, and The islands in dispute with South Korea. But I do think it will become harder and harder for America to persuade Asian countries to allow it to be such a dominating force in the region

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Everyone says China relies on America heavily. That won't last forever. America should realize it's hegemony is ending rather rapidly and move to be less of an arrogant dick. We still have time to show the world we aren't evil. Most countries would be our best friends if we'd just stop with the American exceptionalism. We're clearly not that amazing anymore.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

I can see the day when China starts aggressively take over many Asian nations like North Korea (In fact there was rising tensions due to Kim Jong Un' s execution of his Uncle who happened to be Pro China) Philippines and Taiwan.

Meanwhile the US is slowly retreating to isolationism. In fact there are already proposals on withdrawing US troops from South Korea.
edit on 11-11-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's what the Chinese Government do, willing to make a few rich (themselves included), but are more than prepared to tell other countries to keep out of their affairs.

They know the rest of the world aren't actually in a position to do anything about their Human Rights record, after all when money is the master, they are the master.

They don't want western ways infringing on their own customs and besides is the western way of life the best model anyway?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Behind the smiling and handshaking China/Russia and the West are at war.

Libya, Ukraine, Syria, ME, Hong Kong, BRICS, Petrodollar, etc. are examples of it.

So it should not come as a surprise to see these kinds of rhetoric coming out from both sides.

China and Russia have launched a serious attack on the (Petro)dollar, and if it`s all part of a bigger plan as some seem to think (The West, Russia and China being all in on it (pushed by bankers)) remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

That has a very reminiscent WW-II Japanese ring to it.

I hope China follows a different path.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

That has a very reminiscent WW-II Japanese ring to it.

I hope China follows a different path.

If China had invaded neighbouring sovereign nations, I'd agree, but as they haven't are they really a problem anyway?

Apart from not wanting western culture becoming invasive, although looking at the obesity problem in her major cities it looks like it already has, what else are they threatening?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

If China had invaded neighbouring sovereign nations, I'd agree, but as they haven't are they really a problem anyway? u

Not recently but China has had border clashes with the Soviets, and India and back in 79 had their rears handed to them when they tried teaching the Vietnamese "A lesson"

Apart from not wanting western culture becoming invasive, although looking at the obesity problem in her major cities it looks like it already has, what else are they threatening?

The invasion of China has already happened. They have RAP music, Coca Cola, Blue jeans and just about every 'Merican' manufacturing job that was available and easily exported there.

China's #1 preoccupation will be trying to keep a lid on their people. Now that the genie of Western liberalism is way the hell out of the bottle it would take something on the scale of another 'Cultural Revolution' to reign it all in.

Tiananmen square and recently Hong Kong would be simple street corner protests by comparison.

Good luck with that China...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

China's #1 preoccupation will be trying to keep a lid on their people. Now that the genie of Western liberalism is way the hell out of the bottle it would take something on the scale of another 'Cultural Revolution' to reign it all in.

Tiananmen square and recently Hong Kong would be simple street corner protests by comparison.

Unless the Western "fairytale" comes crumbling down.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Unless the Western "fairytale" comes crumbling down.

Agreed

That whole making a 'quick buck' in Real Estate resulting in Ghost Cities is going to dampen their enthusiasm real quick.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I meant more, ordinary Chinese who are now buzzed up with Western society won`t be that anymore if US and EU implode, and what better way to achieve such a thing as to let the Petrodollar collapse (and by so the Dollar).

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I know what you meant.

The way things are looking the whole planet seems to be about ready to implode.

Have a BOB ready?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yup, it only has cost me about 5000/6000 Euros, but I`m good to go.

With Russia, China, etc. being on their own system, they might come out much less worse as to the US/EU.

Russia is now working on a system out of SWIFT, they say it will be ready in about half a year.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

OOOh! you said that word, Liberalism. I hope no Republicans see that..they get all itchy and scratchy about that.

Anyway, cold war..it takes two to tango, and in any case events thus far indicate a warmish cold war. Putin got his boat from the French for instance. Elsewhere there is a run on the Ruble with big losses in its value, conversely Russia has one of the biggest gold reserves in the world, (fifth or sixth) all according to who you talk to, so arguably the western 'sanctions' might just not hurt too much in the long run. China is thought to be on a gold grab too, as is the west..in the west's case stealing it if necessary. Cold wars are an anachronism nowadays. So the rhetoric will flow, and who believes it?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The Modern world makes for a very different 'Cold War' environment. The economies are so intertwined it would be disastrous for either sides economy to actually start shooting. I posted a fairly recent thread on the new space race and how both sides are amping up their apposing space tech assets though.

So, there is that.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Agree, China and the US play a dangerous game...with our POTUS being in a bit over his head foreign policy wise.

And, don't you think that Putin really, really,, really!!!! longs for the days of Soviet expansion, both for territories and resources??

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join