It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Girl Walks Around Mumbai(India) For 10 Hours. And Proves That Not All Men Are The Same.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I find that by cracking a joke and making myself look stupid (really easy) I have an easier time bringing down her defenses. Haha.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

not my experience at all...they usually make themselves available to me and I don't have to do much at all. sent more packing than average.

but I feel for those guys...they're just trying to make something happen.

and the girl from the NY video is just a (expletive laced rant here) and the guy who taped her is clearly a shameless pimp.

edit on 10-11-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux

not my experience at all...they usually make themselves available to me and I don't have to do much at all. sent more packing than average.

but I feel for those guys...they're just trying to make something happen.

and the girl from the NY video is just a (expletive laced rant here) and the guy who taped her is clearly a shameless pimp.

If I saw that chick in a bar, I would have to toss a coin to make up my mind what she was so pissed off about.
She just has that look like something smells really bad.
I'm calling vagetarian.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
Yeah, white men are great...

Disgusting street 'pick up artist' who pushes women's heads into his crotch gets kicked out of Australia

Source

Excuse me, what's wrong with white men? Keep your racist # off this site, you're grouping all white men with your comment, and I take offense to you! I've met dirtballs of all races, what's your race, I'm sure I could tell you about a bunch of dirtballs that I've met that are your race! There are some good people, and some dirtballs out there, of all races! Don't just attack one group.

I`m as Caucasian as it gets.

I was merely pointing out to what you say about dirtballs being there from all races. It was meant as and adjective to the post before. I`m sorry you missed that and assumed it was racist.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I never heard about this guy until today on the news. He wants to come to Canada to do his seminars. Anyway, checked him out, what a complete douche. Douchebaggary at it's best. Enough of me talking, thought you might like this.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
That's a pretty funny response. Do yourself a favor and do a search on rapes in Mumbai.
/quote]

Do yourself a favor and search for Rapes in NYC and America . Western world loves to criticize others while being in the hole themselves. For example Obama calling Assad a dictator

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

Yeah, white men are great...

Disgusting street 'pick up artist' who pushes women's heads into his crotch gets kicked out of Australia

Source

Excuse me, what's wrong with white men? Keep your racist # off this site, you're grouping all white men with your comment, and I take offense to you! I've met dirtballs of all races, what's your race, I'm sure I could tell you about a bunch of dirtballs that I've met that are your race! There are some good people, and some dirtballs out there, of all races! Don't just attack one group.

I`m as Caucasian as it gets.

I was merely pointing out to what you say about dirtballs being there from all races. It was meant as and adjective to the post before. I`m sorry you missed that and assumed it was racist.

Your original comment was mis taken then and I apologize. Its hard to here humor, sarcasm, or any type of inflection from a persons comment. I concur with your quote now that I'm set straight, t.y.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

10 hrs of walking condensed to 3 minutes of video. That's 0.5%. What about the rest of the 99.5% of the time? These studies are flawed.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
It's nice to know that in New Zealand, and India so far, there seems to be a simple cultural barrier to the NY behavior being repeated. Personally, if it's NY culture, I don't expect it to be replicated as easily elsewhere. I know people in New York are summarized as blunt, rude & crass (my personal experience with NY tourists kind of backs that up...) but it doesn't mean everyone anywhere else is. That much should be obvious.
As far as women violation issues in India, it's 3+ times the population size of the US with a massive cultural & religious variance. There are bound to be cultures within the borders with varying degrees as to what poor treatment is acceptable to a point (we are talking about a country with a caste system after all) I would like to see the correlation between poor treatment of any culturally designated sub-classes & castes versus those sub-classes and people who buck the caste tradition.

originally posted by: signalfire

originally posted by: wayforward

The fact is the woman strolling NYC did NOT get harassed 100 times. Saying "hello" isn't harassment. In fact the way she ignored a number of people in the video after they said hello was a bit rude. Harassment is not when someone says "hello" to you!

So she's supposed to say 'hello' back to dozens of people every day, just so as not to be rude to them, even though the initial talking to her WAS rude? Do you realize that to some of these jackasses, saying 'hi' back will be seen as an invitation to go on a 'date' or join their imaginary pimping tribe?

Like I said in the other thread, the NYC chick is flat-out rude to polite passersby. Utterly rude. If you don't feel like answering back vocally, the next common response is an acknowledging nod. I do that quite frequently, and did so today in fact. Early AM, I wasn't quite awake enough to muster any verbal reciprocation to the person who said "Morning, ma'am!" passing me out a door. What rock were you raised under where being the Ice Princess when someone is being polite to you is acceptable manners?? I don't really care if you take offense or not, but women with this attitude is why we have such horrible nasty/mean/cold stereotypes regarding women to begin with. You don't help the image any when you support that behavior. I'm not a people person, not social by any means, but when simple polite exchanges come up, I respond in kind. I'm disgusted that you advocate the opposite. Good behavior & manners have to be put into practice, not used once in a blue moon whenever Signal thinks it's not harassment.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I don't get how one short 3 minute video is supposed to stereotype every man in New York city as leering rude sexist pigs just the same as i don't get how the same type of video from Mumbai makes them all out to be perfect gentlemen . The first video had a producer and i am sure the second also . Very big heads up there people .

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

Do yourself a favor and search for Rapes in NYC and America . Western world loves to criticize others while being in the hole themselves. For example Obama calling Assad a dictator

Again, another great response. Last I heard however, gang rapes aren't an issue where I'm from.
edit on 11-11-2014 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2014 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So this proves enlightened new yorkers are jerks..

IN their defense i would say they only got 3 minutes worth of clip in a 10 hour video

Yup. And a good portion of that "harassment" were things like "Good morning" and "good evening." Oh the humanity!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

originally posted by: michaelbrux
i saw bits of that video...i learned that suggesting a woman "smile" or greeting her to "have a nice day" is sexual harassment if not specifically requested.

ground-breaking experiment.

Are you trying to be obtuse? Talking to someone you don't know who is minding their own business is rude. It's another thing to say 'have a nice day' or 'hello' to a customer if you're the clerk in a store, or to a coworker...

How about saying 'god bless you' and then using it as an excuse to follow alongside her for five whole minutes? Boy, I bet he was REAL religious...

I'll never understand the comments men have made on the NYC video, that the women 'should get over themselves'

Like we should 'get over' our wanting to be left alone in our own thoughts, or free from worry about what exactly our stalker has in mind, or even just from being yelled at by strangers, especially when those yells are sexual in nature?

I wonder how this would pan out in a Texas town where there's a lot of people concealed carrying?

As someone who has been accosted by one of these dirtbags, I'm all in favor of wholesale street cleaning. And not the kind that involves a machine and twirling brushes.

I disagree. Casually saying "Good morning" or "Hello" or "Howdy" to passerby on the street is very common outside the big cities, even in today's rude and insular age.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Look at all the harassment that us fit guys have to put up with in NYC too! We need to end street harassment! /sarc
If you are bothered by being addressed by people, you need to stay out of public. Or see a therapist to help you get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Look at all the harassment that us fit guys have to put up with in NYC too! We need to end street harassment! /sarc
If you are bothered by being addressed by people, you need to stay out of public. Or see a therapist to help you get over yourself.

Two dudes in full on Tinkerbell mode ogling another dude...

Definitely got to be a first.

The chick getting rebuked by her boyfriend is also hilarious.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

There`s a huge difference, for males it`s not threatening.

And I can speak from experience about how he feels. I have been groped by 5 woman in only a few minutes time and 4/5 flirting with me at the same time is also pretty normal. Even males doing that to you isn`t threatening as a hetero.

Women should be left alone unless they show some interest, they know what they want, no need for us males to do anything other as to just looking and show respect for it being threatening to them.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien
If you are threatened by human interactions, public is not the place for you. Big difference between talking to someone and groping someone.

What I am hearing from you is that it's perfectly fine for women to approach, talk to and randomly grope men; but men should know their place and leave women alone. That sounds pretty warped.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Females and males are different, so for a woman it can be threatening and by so they should be left alone when minding their own business.

Women will make it clear when they are interested and that should be the sign to talk to hear.

You seem to think as if they can be treated the same way in these situations, but you can`t, because males and females are fundamentally different.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The parodies that are coming out are hilarious.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Yeah because we all know females can travel by bus in India without any threat of violation.

I LoL'd. Such a true statement.

I never saw the NY vid, maybe the Indian girl just wasn't good looking enough to warrant any harassment.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join