It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Girl Walks Around Mumbai(India) For 10 Hours. And Proves That Not All Men Are The Same.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

If you’ve seen the 10 hours of walking in NYC video that went viral a few days back, you already know what this video is all about: It’s the Indian version. In the original NYC version, the girl gets catcalled more than 100 times in under 10 hours.

The good news is that in Mumbai, the girl didn’t get harassed even once. Another similar video done in Pune got same results.

This video is not to be treated as a survey, but it proves on thing for sure:
Not all men are the same.

Just posted here in my minor attempt to disprove a common stereotyping which is usually common in ATS against Indians

I have nothing against New Yorkers nor is this supposed to be a comparison with NYC . Its kinda sad i have to add that comment lol
edit on 10-11-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So this proves enlightened new yorkers are jerks..

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So this proves enlightened new yorkers are jerks..

IN their defense i would say they only got 3 minutes worth of clip in a 10 hour video

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Yeah because we all know females can travel by bus in India without any threat of violation.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
the original survey was flawed in many ways from the fact that nobody really walks 10 hours in one day, to the fact that the video showed a disproportionate amount of minorities, that led me to believe that they had the woman walk in "bad" areas of the city, where you are more likely to find people with a lower level of education, and hence, more rude.
kinda strange how you don't see a white guy at least in the video that was released to the general public.
As for india, i work with lots of people form there, and they all tell me that dating is not how it happens in other places, more often than not, dates are set up among friends, or co workers, it's a cultural thing that you don't stop someone you like in the middle of the street and talk to them.
So implying that "not all men are alike" because indian culture is very different form ours, is a bit like cheating

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
HOW DUMB DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO STILL THINK THAT ALL MEMBERS OF A CERTAIN GROUP ARE THE SAME!!! /rantover but seriously though, not all men think the same, not all woman think the same, not all muslims think the same, not all pirates think the same, not all autistics think the same. It is simply the various phenomena that results in a similar expression of ideas, such as group think, that results in this BS.

Posts that I see about members of a specific group not being the same somewhat infuriate me, because it's like DUH, of course they aren't.

/error/anotherrantover

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Yeah because we all know females can travel by bus in India without any threat of violation.

Same thing I had in mind. Stories out of Mumbai are far worse than a wannabe actress being hit on in New York.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
To the OP: I've never read the "common stereotyping which is usually common in ATS against Indians" here...

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
...the fact that the video showed a disproportionate amount of minorities, that led me to believe that they had the woman walk in "bad" areas of the city, where you are more likely to find people with a lower level of education, and hence, more rude.

Why do you think that people with a lower education are likely to be more rude? I know of no such association...

kinda strange how you don't see a white guy at least in the video that was released to the general public.

So, black people are naturally more rude? What's the point here?

it's a cultural thing that you don't stop someone you like in the middle of the street and talk to them.

Agreed. BOTH situations reflect the culture in the different areas. Not men, not black men, not Indian men or education.

The New York film reflected the culture of certain areas of New York (rude and abusive, IMO), just as this film represents the culture of the areas in India (respectful and kind). The only thing they prove is that there's an improper and a proper way to treat other people.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yeah, white men are great...

Disgusting street 'pick up artist' who pushes women's heads into his crotch gets kicked out of Australia

Source

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

They usually can in most cases, but of course bigoted narrow minded holier than though attitude of most people here can't see beyond their discriminatory viewpoints. And again people with glass houses should not throw stones at another's house . If i took example of Vatican and made a blatant stereotype of all Christians i would be banned by the mods here. And i morally know better than to stereotype people ..

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i saw bits of that video...i learned that suggesting a woman "smile" or greeting her to "have a nice day" is sexual harassment if not specifically requested.

ground-breaking experiment.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
To the OP: I've never read the "common stereotyping which is usually common in ATS against Indians" here...

I agree, maybe i am being a bit excessive in stereotyping folks in ATS .But i have received a lot of abuse against my people from ATS members by folks who usually use Rapes as a cheap attempt at a mudslinging contest

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

They usually can in most cases, but of course bigoted narrow minded holier than though attitude of most people here can't see beyond their discriminatory viewpoints. And again people with glass houses should not throw stones at another's house . If i took example of Vatican and made a blatant stereotype of all Christians i would be banned by the mods here. And i morally know better than to stereotype people ..

Okay, so you're not stereotyping New Yorkers by making the comparison of a similar video in New York to the one you've posted about Mumbai?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
Same thing I had in mind. Stories out of Mumbai are far worse than a wannabe actress being hit on in New York.

Keep dreaming , Its better to accept your faults than to live in a fairy tale .

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Okay, so you're not stereotyping New Yorkers by making the comparison of a similar video in New York to the one you've posted about Mumbai?

No i am not , read my second post in the thread i actually defended them . Also read the replies i made in the NYC thread if you think i was targeting you people

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Those two young girls raped then hanged in northern India was a couple of month ago, if that, then that rape in the bus, the lady died in hospital if I remember correctly.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

No i am not , read my second post in the thread i actually defended them .

Okay just seen your other post about stereotyping ATS members, now I see your agenda.

I have nothing against India or her people, but you can't deny there have been some horrendous crimes on females travelling on public transport over there.

However, I wouldn't stereotype every male as being a rapist, regardless of their nationality. There's good and bad everywhere and has been suggested already on this thread, culture has a significant impact on behaviour.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

No i am not , read my second post in the thread i actually defended them .

Okay just seen your other post about stereotyping ATS members, now I see your agenda.

I have nothing against India or her people, but you can't deny there have been some horrendous crimes on females travelling on public transport over there.

However, I wouldn't stereotype every male as being a rapist, regardless of their nationality. There's good and bad everywhere and has been suggested already on this thread, culture has a significant impact on behaviour.

These crimes happen everywhere ,its not isolated to India . Western media often love painting and stereotyping countries who challenge western dominance . AS i said i can take thousands of example from thousands of countries. Do you know that the Conviction rate in India is actually better than western countries ?

China is constantly targeted for low working standards and human rights , Russia is constantly demonized , Brazil was targeted during the FIFA world cup . Similar stories were made about children being abused by Saddam before gulf war in 1990 but of course, After 6,00,000 children were killed in result of the war on Iraq. That number made no difference

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Almost everyone has an agenda (a.k.a. Motives), of some kind, and their agenda is rarely the exact same as yours, the sooner you come to grips with it, the better. For me, I’ve always found it best to be open and honest with others by encouraging them to be the same. My agenda is mine and theirs is theirs. When it’s all on the table we can serve each other and help each other mutually.

Almost Everyone Has an Agenda

Here is what an agenda actually looks like:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I am in Mumbai right now and just like N.Y. reaction depends on many factors/variables.. with that said I can record something that happens in Mr. Roger's neighborhood and what ever percentage you want to construct has a chance a happening.
edit on 10-11-2014 by BlackOops because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join