It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'I’m going to do what I need to do' on immigration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

President Obama repeated Sunday that he intends to change U.S. immigration law through executive action, over Republican leaders’ repeated requests to wait and dire warnings about the consequences of sidestepping Congress.

“I’m going to do what I need to do,” Obama told CBS’ “Face the Nation,” in an interview taped on Friday.

This is a BIG screw you to the American People who just voted overwhelmingly to remove Obama's supporters from office. Obama is playing God by legislating from the Executive Branch. Other presidents have used EOs in the past, but none have come close to using them to legislate his agenda like the Ego-In-Chief. This man makes me physically ill.

LINK

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

He's been doing "what he needs to do" the whole time he's been in office. He has a pen and a phone remember?

He does what he wants and damn the consequences. We have the system set up to "supposedly" prevent that, but it's apparently not enough for Obama. He's judge, jury, and executioner and America is his personal fiefdom.

For the naysayers... No he's not the first one to use executive action, but he's the only one doing it right now, so let's try to concentrate on that instead of Bush.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Obama didn't get his way in the election and he's going to throw his little tantrum. I said it another thread : Like a spoiled little brat who doesn't want to share his toys, he's going to destroy what he can't keep for himself. This is just spite, from a incompetent, spineless, do nothing, who doesn't have the grace to admit he was beaten and it was his own fault. But, he sure could rub it in when he won.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I really wish people would just sit down and shut up.

The Emperor has spoken.

That's all there is to it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You know what handle it obama. How can anything get worse? Getting worse actually means we're closer to getting better so let's see what the hell he can do.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Good we need an emperor to make it clear to the steeple who's in charge. let's get this show on the road.
edit on 11/9/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I really wish people would just sit down and shut up.

The Emperor has spoken.

That's all there is to it.

But… the Emperor has no clothes.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well let him run hog wild... sooner or later he will step on it and this newly elected bunch will tear him a new butt hole... On the other side with the new DOJ appointment and Holder gone things have got to improve somewhat.. My understanding is the new appointment was known for going after police corruption.. WTG girl !

Obamacare and immigration are probably a big part of why the Dems suffered such a large defeat.. Even the classic Dem voter who could not bring themselves to ever vote Republican just stayed home and did not bother to vote... I do not like either party and their lip service to their constituents... Constituents who voted them into office to represent their wishes.. Dems went against their wishes and paid the price.. So will the Republicans if they play the party game against the wishes of the majority of the population.. We can only hope

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A godlike emperor has spoken. Illegal immigrants, millions of them will be made legal by his almighty power alone.

He is awesomeness. Everyone who disagrees can shut up and move along.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This nutcase is going to tear America apart at the seams until he is out of that chair.

Right now he's like a little child that got scolded and he's going to strike back with everything he has out of his hurt pride and anger at the entire Country.

Watch out America...MAD MAN on the loose.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
From Fox--

Obama also said Sunday that inaction is a “mis-allocation of resources” and that the country cannot continue to deport people who should be allowed to stay and keep those who should leave.

Well that clears it up, thank you.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

My understanding is the new appointment was known for going after police corruption.. WTG girl !

The new appointee is BFFs with Holder.
Obama wouldn't nominate anyone who wasn't already on his side and willing to follow his every command.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As evidenced by his party loses over the last congressional and gubanatorial elections his gun slinger approach and more importantly his policies are not well received by the masses.

My guess is he is playing political poker and posturing but I bet McConnell and Boehner will sell out and do it the through congress. Same will hold true for fast tracking the TPP.

He might give a little on pieces of Obamacare but thats only so The two new congressional puppet masters can save face.

Politics as usuall in DC, Corporations rule and the little people can just suck it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
This nutcase is going to tear America apart at the seams until he is out of that chair.

Right now he's like a little child that got scolded and he's going to strike back with everything he has out of his hurt pride and anger at the entire Country.

Watch out America...MAD MAN on the loose.

Peace

That's what we need. Wake up everyone real quick Obama get everyone back into politics so we get this country straightened out.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Well let him run hog wild... sooner or later he will step on it and this newly elected bunch will tear him a new butt hole... On the other side with the new DOJ appointment and Holder gone things have got to improve somewhat.. My understanding is the new appointment was known for going after police corruption.. WTG girl !

Obamacare and immigration are probably a big part of why the Dems suffered such a large defeat.. Even the classic Dem voter who could not bring themselves to ever vote Republican just stayed home and did not bother to vote... I do not like either party and their lip service to their constituents... Constituents who voted them into office to represent their wishes.. Dems went against their wishes and paid the price.. So will the Republicans if they play the party game against the wishes of the majority of the population.. We can only hope

Anyone Obama wants by his side is not to be trusted.

Guilt by association has never been so clear IMO.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
there is a word that people forget - precedent

Let President Obama pass amnesty for 11-20 million illegals.

There will be a Republican president in 2016 if he does.

He will have set the precedent that the President can rule by EO as he sees fit. And the Democrats here should be behind that president 100% same as they are behind President Obama now.

Even if a new guy should decide to gut the social safety nets those new citizens are going to be dependent on.......

Or if the new guy decides to cut taxes on the 1% by EO .............

We used to have a system in this country for making and enforcing laws. It's gone off kilter in the last decade.

I sincerely hope Ben Carson wins, that way any decision he makes will automatically be right. Because if you disagree with Ben Carson for any reason you are obviously a racist (getting a early start LoL)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Have you considered the impact on that 2016 election if those 11-20 million all vote for their guy or gal? The real number is actually closer to 30 million.

imo

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That's cool. That's 10 million people that are going to add to the unemployment rolls, probably a good 5 million to add to the food stamp rolls, and a thousand other things.

This joker is going to bring in 10 million more people to compete for low skill jobs that are all that is left to most people right before what looks to be the beginning of a major downturn.

Congrats, Democrats, I don't care if the Republicans want to take away gay rights and my own reproductive rights. At this point, I'll vote for them simply because they're not actively trying to implement policies that will literally unravel the country almost overnight.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: 727Sky

My understanding is the new appointment was known for going after police corruption.. WTG girl !

The new appointee is BFFs with Holder.
Obama wouldn't nominate anyone who wasn't already on his side and willing to follow his every command.

I agree however I can not imagine anyone being as bad for Justice as Holder was with his race baiting fast and furious cover-ups.... verses enforcing the laws of the land.. Holder covered everyone's butt in this government who played the party line.. Will she do the same.. probably only with a feminine touch... again we can only hope there will be real change... yea I know doubtful...

edit on 9-11-2014 by 727Sky because: '

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

Impeachment? Eric holder?

Maybe there's more to this story then we know. Maybe this is a good thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join