It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big review set by Democrats after election losses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Democrats are completely befuddled and bewildered after the massive losses suffered in elections the other day.

Naturally, they are in panic mode and seem to be attempting to re-group.

Everything under the Sun is now under review.

Committees are forming and consultants are lining up for the payout grabfests.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Democratic National Committee Chairperson is saying changes are necessary.

No mention yet if Obama is at fault

Democrats are planning an extensive review of what went wrong in the 2014 and 2010 elections, hoping to find ways to translate success in presidential campaigns into future midterm contests.

A party committee will conduct a "top-to-bottom assessment" of the Democrats' performance in recent midterm elections and try to determine why they have struggled to turn out its core voters in nonpresidential elections.

Big review set by Democrats after election losses

Please help us. Please vote again

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Oh noes!!! It looks like an unbalance of power!!!

It doesn't matter anyway, the pen is mightier than any of our votes or congressional approval.

Here Barry goes again on his own, going down the only road he's ever known.

I don't know where I'm going
But, I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An' I've made up my mind,
I ain't wasting no more time
But, here I go again
Here I go again

Tho' I keep searching for an answer,
I never seem to find what I'm looking for
Oh Lord, I pray
You give me strength to carry on,
'Cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An' here I go again on my own
Goin' down the only road I've ever known,
Like a hobo* I was born to walk alone
An' I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time

edit on 8-11-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Democrats are completely befuddled and bewildered after the massive losses suffered in elections the other day.

Naturally, they are in panic mode and seem to be attempting to re-group.

Everything under the Sun is now under review.

Committees are forming and consultants are lining up for the payout grabfests.

That sounds like an easy gig:

"The people that previously voted for you didn't understand what you planned to accomplish. Now they do. That will be $10,000, please."

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I would give a large percentage of their losses to Obama care and people waking up to the deductibles, rate hikes, and lack of keeping your doctor if you want to not to mention keep your plan if you want it.. the lies used to sell the plan to the American people did not help... No republicans voted for it ....

Most people who could afford a plan had one and were more or less happy with the cost, co-pays and deductibles... I have not heard anything good from my friends who are forced to change plans and purchase the ACA... So IMO they (democrats) made their beds and now they get to sleep in their mess for the next two years..
edit on 8-11-2014 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I really don't get the big deal.

Democrats lost because of voter turnout. It wasn't because the majority of Americans agree with Republicans.

Democrats..let the Republicans bask in their small victory..come 2016 the majority of the voters will turn out and you will still have the white house.

They worry for nothing..

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Democrats lost because of voter turnout. It wasn't because the majority of Americans agree with Republicans.

Democrats..let the Republicans bask in their small victory..come 2016 the majority of the voters will turn out and you will still have the white house.

They worry for nothing..

But look at the maps now !!!!!

The maps The maps.....

The Maps !!

How could Democrats let this outrage happen !!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

First of all, this is news for what reason??? Did you expect the losing party to just keep doing what they've been doing when all that did is make them lose???

Naturally, after realizing they have the wrong game plan they are planning to review what they are doing. Ya and??? As if they were going to keep things the same. I don't even get the point behind you mentioning this. Of course they're going to change strategy. Why wouldn't they??

Second of all, rather than continue to complain about Democrats who no longer matter why not focus on who's actually in power and what they are up to??? Unless of course you're afraid what you might see.

Who gives a rats ass about what the dems are doing as a result of them losing. Like it matters at this point. You should be focused on who's in charge now and what they plan on doing which from the looks of it is "Fast Tracking" what's left of America down the corporate toilet.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Because if you've noticed here, it's not enough that the Republicans won, the most important thing is that the Democrats lost.

Suddenly, government is POPULAR again around here and so many are excited to see what power the Red Congress is going to be able to wield, finally. Big government is only a bad thing when the Republicans are not in control. They always make the same mistakes. It's a level of hubris rarely seen outside of Greek drama ... and the funniest thing is: they can't see it!

They project on the President, the Democrats, the liberals, the academics, the scientists ... because their own pride blinds them.

And what was it that goes before a fall?

But don't get me wrong -- I'm so excited to see what the Republicans are going to do ... I'm almost giddy.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Big government is only a bad thing when the Republicans are not in control. They always make the same mistakes. It's a level of hubris rarely seen outside of Greek drama ... and the funniest thing is: they can't see it!

They project on the President, the Democrats, the liberals, the academics, the scientists ... because their own pride blinds them.

And what was it that goes before a fall?

But don't get me wrong -- I'm so excited to see what the Republicans are going to do ... I'm almost giddy.

Yeah, I've noticed. Didn't any of you people play sports??? What did your coaches always tell you??? "
You don't celebrate during Half Time. It's not over yet so get your heads back in the game!!"

Yes, the Republicans won and Democrats Lost. So what about "The People"?? Remember them??? Because you're one of them and they've been losing every damn game for years. Meanwhile ya'll are happy because your enemy on the Right beat your enemy on the Left. Who cares when you've still got your enemy gearing up to whoop your asses next???

Why not celebrate when "We the People" actually win something??? F*ck the Republicans Big Win!! F*ck the Democrats too!!

You may be on their team, but they are not on yours!! Figure it out!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Does anyone really believe a republicrat majority will change things for the better? Yes? Well that's what the demopublicans thought in 2008. What they got was a mirrored reflection of the previous administrations policies.

And now it's time to jump for joy in 2014 much like 2008 for more of the same?

Ain't nothing gonna change people except for the worse.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeah I have to say that ACA did not turn out like people thought it would,and it really made them mad. My brother tried to apply for it and with having $000.00 income they wanted $6500.00 a year with a $6500.00 deductible. Now who in the heck can afford that? If you have no income,YOU HAVE NO INCOME. The government needs to stop being stupid and thinking people can pay that have no money at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The main problem started back when the Democrats locked out the Republicans when they where drafting the Obamacare health care regulations. I believe a lot of the mess we are in now started then. It also lands directly on Sen. Harry Reid for not allowing over 300 bills passed by the Republicans to come to the floor for a vote. Now everything is squarely on the shoulders of the Democrats for all the wrong that they have done to America, in the last 6 years.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Oh yes, Monday the "liberal media" couldn't be trusted to predict that the sun would rise in the east this morning, but now, that they're plastering the "wha happened" articles in a mostly slow news week, they're brilliant and incisive analysts.

I'm looking for a phrase here ... cognitive dissonance. No, wait, that's too highbrow ... let's just call it HYPOCRISY.

Really, we don't have to look much beyond one metric to see what happened Tuesday and in most Midterms:

Source - NBC News

Now I know that's all graphy and mathy but here's the takeaway: on Tuesday over 37% of people over 60 voted and about 12% of those under 30 did.

One wonders if depending on the over 60 demographic for your votes is the best long-term strategy.

edit on 9Sun, 09 Nov 2014 09:03:21 -060014p0920141166 by Gryphon66 because: Added linked citation

edit on 9Sun, 09 Nov 2014 09:16:19 -060014p0920141166 by Gryphon66 because: can't spell liberal, LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Despite Republican complaints that Reid is the cause of gridlock, the Washington Post in August did an analysis of the past 20 congressional terms and found that the number of House-approved bills awaiting action in the Senate this session isn’t that unusual.

“In 11 of the past 19 Congresses — more than half — more than 300 bills were waiting for Senate action by the time the Congress completed its work,” Philip Bump wrote.

Factcheck.org - Boener's Bipartisan Bunk

Let's see damage done by the Democrats ... so anything that's happened as a result of the last 6 years can be attributed to Democrats?

That's a bit of a sweeping comment, but ... okay if you say so.

Then the Democrats get SOLE credit for:

Lowering the unemployment rate from 10.1 to 5.8 percent

Highest Stock Market index in history

Highest corporate profits in history

Deficit reduced by 66%

.... and 63 straight months of economic expansion

Yeah.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

They worry for nothing..

I don't know about that. For one, if you can't motivate people to the polls, it says something of the popularity of your own policies regardless of what the GOP is doing. But more importantly, in a country where, even in good years, 40% of the eligible voters don't show up to vote, that's a huge voting pool that may not be on your side. When exit polling data shows that the independents who voted heavily Democrat in 2006 and 2008 have now voted Republican in the last three cycles (twice by double digits), and knowing that the 40% that don't vote are probably non-partisan independents, if I were a Democrat strategist, yeah, I'd be concerned.
edit on 9-11-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
When exit polling data shows that the independents who voted heavily Democrat in 2006 and 2008 have now voted Republican in the last three cycles (twice by double digits), and knowing that the 40% that don't vote are probably non-partisan independents, if I were a Democrat strategist, yeah, I'd be concerned.

That's interesting.

Here's a slightly different opinion:

But Independents who voted Republican were probably Republican all along. In fact, political scientists have long suggested that the vast majority of independents have clear partisan connections. When asked whether they lean toward a party, most independents are ready and able to pick one. A Pew center study conducted two weeks prior to the election, for example, showed that of the 36 percent of voters who identified as independent, 75 percent lean toward a party. What’s more, tracking elections over time shows that “leaning independents” typically vote for the party toward which they lean.

As we previously wrote, independents – by and large – are partisans gone undercover. Why? Because the label “independent” conveys a more positive image and most people want to convey the best image possible. Most people who hide behind “independence” are no different than their partisan counterparts, the only difference is that they are more embarrassed to call themselves partisans. In sum, it is unlikely that the independents who voted Republican were ever actually “up for grabs.”

Washington Post

Democratic numbers are pretty static overall; however, Republican margins of victory rely on the demographic of aging Americans over 60.

I don't think that's the best long-term strategy for the Republicans; do you?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Of course, many of the independents have partisan leanings. The point I'm making is that 40% of the electorate doesn't give a damn about Republican or Democrat partisanship. If they did, they'd be out there voting every time. But among the ones that DO vote, you have the Democrats going from winning by 18 in 2006 to losing by a dozen Tuesday. Yeah, that should set off alarm bells.

Funny you mention age. You know where a lot of this shift appears to be happening? It looks to be 18-29 year old white voters, who Dems were winning in 2006 and 2008, but again, have been losing since.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You mean .... 63 straight months of continued economic devastation.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

They worry for nothing..

But look at the maps now !!!!!

The maps The maps.....

The Maps !!

How could Democrats let this outrage happen !!!!

All this map shows is states that don't pay their fair share into the government but get back far more than they pay in but still whines about big government. Expect these deadbeat states to whine about big government even more while begging for more money.
edit on 9-11-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You mean .... 63 straight months of continued economic devastation.

Devastation? Please explain this devastation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join