It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big review set by Democrats after election losses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It's the neoRED movement.

The Democrat compartmentalization continues.

Look how small those Blue blotches are !!!!

The whole system is "Under Review"

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Many States got REDirected this time.

The Blues forgot about the essence of the Fabian Agenda.

The Blues let the frog pot boil over, and some frogs escaped.

Now the croaking is louder than ever.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It was a democrat-led House and Senate that brought us the economic collapse in 2008.

It was a democrat-led House and Senate that brought us Obamacare which caused millions to lose their insurance and further millions to pay more for lousier insurance.

And they are wondering WHY THEY LOST?????

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Just remember, those "red blotches" don't mean "everyone within is Republican" in fact it means "a few more votes in the last election."

A more accurate representation would be purple, some more red-purple and some more blue-purple.

Just like the elections ... 52 % wanted the outcome 48 % percent didn't and most of the Democrats stayed home or had their votes suppressed.

Why is Republican Totalitarianism so important?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It was a democrat-led House and Senate that brought us the economic collapse in 2008.

It was a democrat-led House and Senate that brought us Obamacare which caused millions to lose their insurance and further millions to pay more for lousier insurance.

And they are wondering WHY THEY LOST?????

ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

Composition of Congress by Party

109th 2005–2007 Senate D 44 R 55 House D 202 R 231
110th 2007–2009 Senate D 49 R 49 House D 233 R 198

Composition of Congress by Party

I've seen you stretch the truth before Beezzer, but never out and out misrepresent it.

edit on 15Sun, 09 Nov 2014 15:13:55 -060014p0320141166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Oh puh-leeze!

And you are the paragon of impartiality.

lolz

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

No, that's not only not what I mean, but not what happened.

So, now it's the order of the day to overtly misrepresent the truth?

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You forgot the so-called "Independents" who always go Democrat/Progressive.

2 made the difference in the 110th Congress Senate.

49+2=51

Clever Tangent.

All "Under Review" now isn't it.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is only my opinion but I think that it's time for the Dems to once again become the party of working men and women. ( Not the welfare party, not the party of illegal immigrants)

Working people make this county strong. Historically, the dems were the party of the working class but they have forgotten their roots.

Stop trying to play to everyone and go back to their roots.

BTW I am a democrat but I'm pissed off at the left direction that the party has taken in the last 20 years or so

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

The point I'm making is that 40% of the electorate doesn't give a damn about Republican or Democrat partisanship. If they did, they'd be out there voting every time.

You make a lot of unsupported assumptions Vor ... I see your assumption, care to back it up?

I know you don't have to support it, and it's fine to keep offering your opinion, ... but do you have any proof of what the 40-70% that don't vote in a given election think or believe or hold to be true? Or are you just assuming?

Young Voters

So, you're ignoring the fact that 88% of the under 30 age group stayed home, and taking the percentage of that group that did vote and claiming that the fairly narrow margin of Republican votes there (something like 6%) is something to worry about?

Okay.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
This is only my opinion but I think that it's time for the Dems to once again become the party of working men and women. ( Not the welfare party, not the party of illegal immigrants)

Working people make this county strong. Historically, the dems were the party of the working class but they have forgotten their roots.

BTW I am a democrat but I'm pissed off at the left direction that the party has taken in the last 20 years or so

I'd be willing to vote D if it ever came to that.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No not clever at all, just factual.

What was the claim? That Democrats were responsible for the 2008 crash, right?

If I had counted Independents in with Democrats I'd be as dishonest as you two are.

The Financial Crisis started in 2007 as a result of the policies of a Republican President and a Republican Congress.

You know this, I know this, Beezzer knows this.

Talk about spin ...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

I don't disagree with you. The only reason I've become a Democrat is that the other side wants to ignore scientific consensus and destroy equality.

But what do you mean, specifically, when you mention "a move to the left" ... because you mentioned labor unions and workers rights which had their beginnings in far "left" political movements.

Thanks if you have time to answer.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

So the financial crisis (housing) started in 2007 now?

Busy rewriting history, aren't you, Winston.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

So the financial crisis (housing) started in 2007 now?

Busy rewriting history, aren't you, Winston.

Nah, I'll leave that to you, Big Brother:

The State of Working America

The Great Recession—which officially lasted from December 2007 to June 2009—began with the bursting of an 8 trillion dollar housing bubble. The resulting loss of wealth led to sharp cutbacks in consumer spending. This loss of consumption, combined with the financial market chaos triggered by the bursting of the bubble, also led to a collapse in business investment. As consumer spending and business investment dried up, massive job loss followed.

The Recession of 2007-2009

Financial Crisis of 2007-2008

Much has been written about the Global Financial Crisis of 2007-08.

Forbes Magazine

.... and it didn't have anything to do with the composition of Congress ... you might remember it had to do with some little banks called Lehman Brothers, Goldman-Sachs, etc.

Do you want me back in Room 101, now, Brother? Am I repeating the truth rather than Doublespeak?
edit on 16Sun, 09 Nov 2014 16:04:28 -060014p0420141166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No, I'm actually telling you quite the opposite. We don't know what they believe. That's kind of the point here. With that many people choosing not to vote, its hard to tell what the 'will of the people' actually is. The only thing we know for sure is the 'will of the people who actually vote.' As for the non-voters, is it an assumption that they're not major partisans? Sure, but until they provide evidence of the contrary and actually show up at the polls, it seems a relatively safe one.

Regarding 18-29 year old white voters, again, I'm just looking at exit polls of the last three elections, including the 2012 presidential election. If Democrats are content losing that demographic, when they were winning it a decade ago, that's fine with me.
edit on 9-11-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

All of your theories are under review.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Ceeker63

Despite Republican complaints that Reid is the cause of gridlock, the Washington Post in August did an analysis of the past 20 congressional terms and found that the number of House-approved bills awaiting action in the Senate this session isn’t that unusual.

“In 11 of the past 19 Congresses — more than half — more than 300 bills were waiting for Senate action by the time the Congress completed its work,” Philip Bump wrote.

Factcheck.org - Boener's Bipartisan Bunk

Let's see damage done by the Democrats ... so anything that's happened as a result of the last 6 years can be attributed to Democrats?

That's a bit of a sweeping comment, but ... okay if you say so.

Then the Democrats get SOLE credit for:

Lowering the unemployment rate from 10.1 to 5.8 percent

Highest Stock Market index in history

Highest corporate profits in history

Deficit reduced by 66%

.... and 63 straight months of economic expansion

Yeah.

Why yes, yes they do get credit for all of that. And yet consumer spending is down, wages are down, more people than ever on public assistance. It doesn't matter if those issues above are the nth degree if people can't pay their bills, afford health care, support their families and put food on the table from their own efforts without government assistance.

And that my friends is why the Dems lost. They looked at all those big numbers and thought they were doing a great job without looking at how people are really doing. It's called disconnect.
edit on 9-11-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I'm not sure about your logic there Stout. Democrats are on record trying to increase wages, Republicans want to decrease wages to increase profits that never "trickle down" to the rest of us as they've been promising for 30 some-odd years.

Republicans want to offshore more jobs, because, hey, that's good for profits and profits are good for ... the fatcats at the top.

David Purdue, our new Republican Senator from Georgia bragged during the election not only that he has worked to send jobs out of this country; he's PROUD of it!

The "Dems lost" because of about 2.2 million votes out of about 44 million. It's simple math.

Claiming otherwise has a term to describe it as well: it's called "overreach."

Republicans are great at it, as we will soon see. Heheh.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: StoutBroux

I'm not sure about your logic there Stout. Democrats are on record trying to increase wages, Republicans want to decrease wages to increase profits that never "trickle down" to the rest of us as they've been promising for 30 some-odd years.

Republicans want to offshore more jobs, because, hey, that's good for profits and profits are good for ... the fatcats at the top.

David Purdue, our new Republican Senator from Georgia bragged during the election not only that he has worked to send jobs out of this country; he's PROUD of it!

The "Dems lost" because of about 2.2 million votes out of about 44 million. It's simple math.

Claiming otherwise has a term to describe it as well: it's called "overreach."

Republicans are great at it, as we will soon see. Heheh.

The facts speak for themselves. All the points I quoted have not been inhibited effectively by anyone. My points still stand. And as Obama has clearly shown, he has a pen and a phone and he knows how to use them. Saying the Republicans have stopped anything is wussing out. Obama has EO power, remember? Besides, Obama is pushing TPP so, don't try and tell me how much he is trying to do for this country or how much the Republicans aren't.

Namaste

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join