It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting machines changing Republican vote to Democrat vote in Virginia...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes, it's suspicious.

Let's face reality here. The republican blogosphere/internet media is well-known for posting things that are taken out of context, slightly warped and even completely made up.

Hell, they even made fake Kenyan birth certificates and most of the republicans jumped all over it.

What we have here is a youtube video, with no context, made by a nutbag republican blogger and all other evidence is hearsay.

There may have been problems with the machines, no doubt about it. But that does not equate to their being an attempt by the democrats to steal the election....which is exactly where the republican "outrage machine" took this.
edit on 11/4/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Black Box voting is a good place to check discrepancies -- intentional or otherwise.

blackboxvoting.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And you people are making this an issue now.. where was the outrage in 08 and 12 or even 04?

08 and 12 I am going to considerate on them..

People in the Ron Paul camp were saying fraud and what were some of these lines you are just pissed he didn't win.. the votes are legit bla bla.. 12 even Ron Paul was thinking shady crap was going on. But hey don't let the numbers of literally thousands of people who come out to see him fool you we were just pissed he didn't win..

Welcome to out world where we knew for a very long time this was a problem.. even on 04 what really happened.com had a long ass list of voter fraud that was going on during those elections..

Maybe next time some crack pot Ron Paul supporter screams voter fraud maybe you people should start wonder what..
edit on 11/4/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

But, but, but voter fraud doesn't happen. Everything is on the up and up! You can trust everyone! There isn't even money involved.

The video wasn't evidence of voter fraud.

It was evidence of apparent Election fraud which is rampant and widespread

Tomato, tomahto. It amounts to the same thing in the end - an election is not a fair election. And very often, you have people doing one with the complicity of people who are willing to do the other.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thus the reason I do not vote. My post above states alot.. what is the point in playing a game if there is already a winner?

This gives me more than enough reason to complain about the idiots in office.. see I didn't vote for them, you all did because I knew before the game started like WWE wresting the fix was in.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

As if the lefty blogosphere is pure as the wind-driven snow ...

Let's get real for a second. If this is just hysterical right-wing vapors and the machines are merely improperly calibrated, then you would think some of those oh-so-smart folks on the left would simply prove it with their own video evidence. After all, if this were something that simply switches votes because you hit the wrong spot on the screen, then anyone ought to be able to replicate the results and skew votes away from Democrats.

So ... where are those video proofs?

Or is this going to be like the epic non-existent video evidence of Emmanual Cleaver and James Clyburn getting spat upon and called racial slurs on his way to vote for Obamacare? A legend on the left that no one can produce evidence of despite the fact that the Congressman's own aides carried in camera phones to record the proceedings?

edit on 4-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
Thus the reason I do not vote. My post above states alot.. what is the point in playing a game if there is already a winner?

This gives me more than enough reason to complain about the idiots in office.. see I didn't vote for them, you all did because I knew before the game started like WWE wresting the fix was in.

Gerrymandering...
I probably wouldn't have bothered voting today if my gf wasn't driving. I had to go to the eye doctor and my pupils were O_o . Then she wanted to vote. Figured I'd try to give her kids the illusion of democracy kinda like Santa or the Easter Bunny.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's desperate times call for desperate measures agenda now for the mentally ill Democrats. They will do anything they can to hide the results of their numerous failures. Felons and dead people voting too. Both parties are corrupt of course, but that is not the topic of this thread. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
1. By the by, it does happen the other way 'round ... I've provided several links to Democratic votes being "switched" to Republican .. .here's another:

NC Voting Machines Flipped Votes for Democrats to Republicans

2. It's a problem. Probably why most states are returning to paper ballots ...

States Ditch Electronic Voting Machines - The Hill

3. It's a problem, but it's an obvious problem that would be a ludicrous way to 'steal' votes. Almost as ludicrous as attempting in-person voter fraud.

Concerns over "this" problem have been ginned up for the last couple of months by the right-wing media machine so the chances of any Republican faithful not noticing that ONE of their vote sections (notably not ALL in any report I have seen) went askew seems almost impossible. That said, the issues happen both ways, and in many cases it IS a matter of screen calibration and has been PROVEN to be a problem of screen calibration in past elections, thus, the reason that many states are abandoning the machines.

edit on 19Tue, 04 Nov 2014 19:30:58 -060014p0720141166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

edit on 4-11-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

Sorry...didn't read it the way it needed to be. Carry on.
edit on 4-11-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

I knew as well as many others that Ron Paul got shafted and there was an abundance of fraud going on in that party. Thing is primaries are run by their party and are governed by different regulations. I am pretty sure they can make up whatever rules they wish, which they did. Only those in the republican party can reform that party.

The national elections are governed by different rules and regulations as they should be. So when stuff like this happens it is cause for concern for everyone.
edit on 4-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
1. You're 100% incorrect about LCD-based touchscreens not requiring calibration

Pixel-based. Yes.

1/4 inch or more. No.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I have tracked down much of the specifications of the Diebold AccuVote-TSx's touchscreen from the system overview (PDF). The inclusion of a touch screen calibration option in the system setup menu should be evidence enough that the screens require calibration but for the unconvinced:

The system overview also revealed the screen to be a 15" TFT LCD resistive touchscreen. Here's a lengthy proposal for a calibration algorithm for resistive touchscreens (LCD or otherwise) that starts by explaining the sources of calibration errors.

As I pointed out earlier, a calibration issue could have been ruled out if the person who took the video had only tried to touch the box next to the Democrat. I strongly suspect that doing so would have checked the box beside "Write-in."

This is quickly becoming the GOP version of chemtrails.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As if the lefty blogosphere is pure as the wind-driven snow ...

Never said anything to the contrary. Although, the topic at hand has nothing to do with lefty bloggers and everything to do with a republican blogger, correct?

If this is just hysterical right-wing vapors and the machines are merely improperly calibrated, then you would think some of those oh-so-smart folks on the left would simply prove it with their own video evidence.

If some lefty posted a video on YT showing "evidence"....would you believe them? I wouldn't without context behind it. Besides, the machines have been pulled and no one would have access to them, except election officials and machine techs, right? How would a lefty get access to one to make said video?

After all, if this were something that simply switches votes because you hit the wrong spot on the screen, then anyone ought to be able to replicate the results and skew votes away from Democrats.

I've already posted a link to a source that states that this exact issue can occur if the voter is not at the correct height the machine was calibrated for. It's right there for anyone to see and it's a known issue.

Or is this going to be like the epic non-existent video evidence of Emmanual Cleaver and James Clyburn getting spat upon and called racial slurs on his way to vote for Obamacare? A legend on the left that no one can produce evidence of despite the fact that the Congressman's own aides carried in camera phones to record the proceedings?

I don't know anything about all that, but as I said....you can check out the links I provided previously and see that this machine does need to be calibrated and it can have problems as shown in the video.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: Subsonic

As I mentioned, flat-panle touch-screens do not require calibration. That excuse is a farce.

Not only that. IF there was a calibration issue, why on earth didn't they calibrate them before the voting process?

I fear the day we have electronic voting in New Zealand, and that's probably going to be the next election...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

just a calibration issue that the poll workers should be able to fix on their own

So when were they planning on doing that?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good job guys. It appears that without more evidence to substantiate the claim that the Democrats are rigging machines to alter the vote, we can safely assume this is just another known error with the equipment....and not a grand conspiracy to steal the election.

Another one bites the dust.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I thought it may interest some on who were the choices for that race so I looked them up if anyone cares to see.

Scott Rigell

S Rigell

Suzzane Patrick

S patrick

From what I read I don't think Patrick ever had a chance of winning the race even with machines in her favor so it makes me wonder why rig them and I thought maybe psychological.

It is just the way my mind works but I considered it being done to make a party look victimized and not risking any seats. I am not sold on the idea but I am open to it. As has already been pointed out the republican party has got a bad rep for what they did to Ron Paul.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Why would any attempt at voter fraud be so obvious? Drawing attention to it defeats the purpose of the alleged trickery.

Technology doesn't make everything better. Many things yes - but there is always the risk of overkill. This seems more like a technological fail to me.

edit on 11/4/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I've created inventory management systems for two companies, both using handheld data terminals ("scanguns") with TFT (3.5"/3.7") resistive touchscreens (Datalogic Falcon's and more recently Motorola MC9000 series). I wrote all of the code for the scangun portions too. Granted these aren't as large as the 15" screens in kiosks, but the technological is the same. The Falcons have the added similarity in that they were also running an ancient version of CE on 20 year old hardware, just like the Diebolds.

Every single time the Falcons start up, the first thing that happens is the user completes a calibration routine with the stylus. I had to enable a way to drop out of the menu system on the Motorola's to enable access to screen calibration. I've literally seen calibration errors hundreds of times, perhaps even thousands. They're more frequent in this application probably because the scanguns are jostled (a lot and dropped as well) and because they're exposed to large, frequent swings in temperature and humidity.
edit on 2014-11-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join