It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting machines changing Republican vote to Democrat vote in Virginia...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I know. I checked it as soon as I got home. Try telling that to the 90 year old lady that was crossing me off the list lol. That's the reason I emailed my mom to see if they checked hers. I've never had that problem until now.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

But, but, but voter fraud doesn't happen. Everything is on the up and up! You can trust everyone! There isn't even money involved.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Indiana required my ID

In Indiana, you can get an exemption if you have a religious objection to having your picture taken.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

But, but, but voter fraud doesn't happen. Everything is on the up and up! You can trust everyone! There isn't even money involved.

The video wasn't evidence of voter fraud.

It was evidence of apparent Election fraud which is rampant and widespread

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thankfully, your stove doesn't decide who writes federal laws!

Some days I think her stove might make a better choice than our voting public

Part of that is the poor choices in candidates that we have. The last two Presidential elections are prime examples.

Thats why imdependents is the fastest growing voter demographic.

Neither right nor left can win without it.

link   

if they had the ability to do this, why not just let the person pick their selection, show it on the screen as they selected it, then change it once its submitted and off the screen?

For all their power and money, to visually show someone they are cheating their vote, doesn't make sense. It wouldn't happen on the screen. it would happen behind the scenes so the regular JOE didnt know.

To me, this is just IT issues.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

if they had the ability to do this, why not just let the person pick their selection, show it on the screen as they selected it, then change it once its submitted and off the screen?

For all their power and money, to visually show someone they are cheating their vote, doesn't make sense. It wouldn't happen on the screen. it would happen behind the scenes so the regular JOE didnt know.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense. If they wanted to rig the whole thing then this is a piss poor way of doing it by showing the switching of the vote right in front of the voter's face.

You'd have to be really out of it not to notice the obvious switching.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

That's what we had when I voted.

Lot's of little old ladies.

A "scantron" paper ballot.

I filled out the paper ballot, the scantron machine sucked it in, and I got my I voted sticker from of course a little old lady.

We little old ladies rule the world, Bwahahahaha

I think this is the best way, paper ballots with a scantron type machine to count the ballots and keep the paper ballots in case of questions.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

But, but, but voter fraud doesn't happen.

Technically speaking, this isn't voter fraud, it's vote fraud, as opposed to election fraud.

voter fraud -- individual voters voting more than once, voting as a dead person, or similar scams, is minimal and never amounts to anything that matters.

vote fraud -- is gaming the voting process either through what we see here, misplacing lots of ballots, screwing with the optical scanners, etc. It can amount to numbers that matter.

election fraud -- is higher-level manipulation of the entire process. Like ensuring long lines and some precincts, purposefully delivering malfunctioning machines to precincts, rigging the reporting, etc. It often amounts to numbers that matter.

edit on 4-11-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

LOL really ?

So the same people who designed the ACA website is the same people who code voting machines!

Well that does explain why they don't work.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Two possibilities.

1) The democrat that did this is inept and it was rushed hack

2) It's a republican ploy to take machines out of circulation, and create longer lines late in the day because of fewer machines. Studies have shown that long-lines late in the day favor republicans.

I tend to lean toward #1.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

But, but, but voter fraud doesn't happen.

Technically speaking, this isn't voter fraud, it's vote fraud, as opposed to election fraud.

voter fraud -- individual voters voting more than once, voting as a dead person, or similar scams, is minimal and never amounts to anything that matters.

vote fraud -- is gaming the voting process either through what we see here, misplacing lots of ballots, screwing with the optical scanners, etc. It can amount to numbers that matter.

election fraud -- is higher-level manipulation of the entire process. Like ensuring long lines and some precincts, purposefully delivering malfunctioning machines to precincts, rigging the reporting, etc. It often amounts to numbers that matter.

Two sides to the same coin. But I get what your saying...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the info SO. I did another search and found this.

Touch Screen Parallax
Touch screen systems are typically calibrated for use by an average height voter
in a standing position. Voters positioned lower in chairs may experience an optical parallax effect that makes the screen's visible buttons appear to be
slightly higher than the touch sensing area for that visible button. Touching near
the boarder of a visible screen button may cause selection of the adjacent button.

Source

So is it entirely possible that a machine not properly calibrated could cause this sort of issue?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think within the next 10 or 15 years people will be voting on their 'smart' phones.

After all it's the digital age.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Indigo5
Didn't see this at all in the video? Watched it several times. Are you confusing the fact that they cancelled their choice and tried again a few times?

In the video, you can see a red-check for Republican Ed W. Gillespie right at the top of the frame.

Also, in the comments, the voted says, "when I went to page 2 and began voting for city council members, I touched inside each box (like I did on the first screen) and this time had NO issues whatsoever."

There is a lot odd going on here...for example in the Youtube Video where you quote "when I go to page 2 and began..." he finishes by saying Follow me On Twitter @ConservVoice..

PATRIOTS OF AMERICA..... Don't let voter fraud continue! This may happen to you one day!

Follow me on Twitter @TheConservVoice

2014 Mid-Term Election
Virginia Beach Virginia

www.youtube.com...

Which I thought was odd...a right wing political commentator shooting the video..

Then when I pulled up his Twitter profile...

Out of Many, One
@theConservVoice

Passionate, true-blooded patriotic war veteran, who isn't ashamed to cling to his family, his God, his Bible, and his guns!

theconservvoice.wordpress.com

And a week ago he was tweeting about this..

Out of Many, One @theConservVoice · Oct 21

**FRAUD ALERT: IL State Representative Casts Vote for Himself, but Voting Machine Casts Vote for His Dem Opponent eagnews.org...

twitter.com...

Of course it's possible that someone that is fiercely right wing and conspiratorial just happened to fall victim to rigged or malfunctioning machine that appears to rig votes for Democrats...

link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

If it's user error, then why haven't we heard of democrat votes being switched to republican votes?

Why is it ONLY to democrat votes?

I would agree that it is screen error/calibration if there was a margin of error that encompassed both parties.

But this is like flipping a coin 100 times and 100 times, it comes up tails.

The math ain't right.

link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
So is it entirely possible that a machine not properly calibrated could cause this sort of issue?

Parallax misalignment causes errors in the 2-5 pixel range, not 50-60 as is apparent in the video.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Agit8dChop

LOL really ?

So the same people who designed the ACA website is the same people who code voting machines!

Well that does explain why they don't work.

you can show proof about these being the "same people" right? if not, this statement of yours has zero credibility

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The guy who posted the video?...here is his blog...

theconservvoice.wordpress.com...

Just saying..has the video been examined for edits?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I just provided a link that says this error can occur if a voter is not at the proper level. The guy who took this video claims to be a war vet. What if he is sitting down or in a wheelchair? What we see in the video may not be exactly what he sees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join