It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poppy seller burned in aerosol attack in Manchester

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: nukedog

Actually, there was perfect justification for both wars on behalf of the British.

World War 1, we only declared after Germany invaded Belgium and we gave them an ultimatum to withdraw before doing so. We guaranteed Belgium's sovereignty from a Treaty dating back to 1836.

World War 2 - same thing really. We guaranteed Poland and Germany invaded.

Granted, the root cause for World War 1 was dodgy, but it was in effect the result of a series of Alliances and guarantees being invoked which triggered the slaughter.

Well the way I heard it yall had nothing more than a gentleman's agreement. Then again I do recall the kaiser pissing and moaning about a piece of paper. Either way, if yall would have stayed out of it, the world would be a very different place. It really wasn't your beef. The treaty was drafted via the Napoleonic wars and served only the interests of commerce. You would have been fine with your Anglo brethren if you would have left it alone but tptb decided it wasn't in the middle classes "best" interest. Now you have nothing to show for it. Now you have nothing. The second war was a direct consequence of the first. The third will be as well. This is some messed up crap we keep perpetuating with military industrial complexes, usury loans, yellow ribbons and poppy flowers. Messed up dude
edit on 2-11-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Near Manchester

You?
edit on 2-11-2014 by PhoenixFreeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

Houston. From Idaho. I didn't mean anything by it but I swear sometimes places like this get "hacked."

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I agree, we should have stayed out of it - chances are, it would have been over quicker and we wouldn't have lost our Empire, the decline started then. As a matter of fact, we're still paying interest on bonds raised during the War - Link

But it was a proper Treaty and the Kaiser was not so dismissive of it as was reported - in fact, it was the Chancellor who reportedly said it was "just a piece of paper" - Interesting link here

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

Houston. From Idaho. I didn't mean anything by it but I swear sometimes places like this get "hacked."

I dont get you?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Big respect to the kid (poppy appeal collector)for doing something worthwhile.
I am hoping the lowlife who did this was nothing more than a street cretin,but he should get the max scentence for ABH that is allowed IMO.
Had the poppy collecter been wearing nylon or polyester clothes,this could have been horrific.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
When you get drunk do you walk around with aerosol cans? a reply to: nonspecific

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Well Paki is a term of endearment....Don't you call us Australians, Ozzies (or Aussies if you wish)? Same thing isnt it?.

At least I didnt Eddie Booth their A**...and call them Nig Nogs and Sambos

"Oh, Eddie Booooth you White Honky"....

BTW, the Indians are always referred to as being from the "Sub Continent" and don't consider themselves part of Asia.

They are Sub Continentals.

I would think Indians/Pakis would be offended by White Fellas calling them Asian, that would be an insult to them........Have you ever asked one?
We certainly Do Not refer to them as Asians down here.

Whether you think it's a term of endearment or not, and I personally don't, India and Pakistan are both within the continent of Asia, so people who come from either are Asian.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
BTW, the Indians are always referred to as being from the "Sub Continent" and don't consider themselves part of Asia.
They are Sub Continentals.

Indeed, Indians are from the sub-continent. The sub-continent is a geological term that describes the Indian plate (as in tectonics) which collided with the Eurasian Plate. The Indian Plate (boring, I know) actually encompasses a number of countries, including Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, to name but three.

However, people from India are also - in non geological parlance - from South Asia, alongside those same nations (and more) sitting on the sub-continent.

On the word "Paki". In the UK it has offensive connotations. What you call a person from Pakistan is a Pakistani. You call a person from India, an Indian.

Regards
edit on 3/11/2014 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sits back and waits for the Greater Manchester Constabulary to f*** this right up! Poppy seller + potentially Asian attacker = way too political for the keystones!!!
edit on 4-11-2014 by damo1583 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Personally never but butane abuse is not unknown.

Carrying a can of deoderant is also not out of the question, bizzare I know but not out of the ordinary.

a reply to: Maxpower0001

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: MysterX

When I was a young fellow, and out and about around town, I always used to have a can of deodorant in my backpack, along with a tooth brush and tooth paste.

What a big girls arse...Did you also have spare undies in your man bag just in case

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I wonder what the world is coming to. Respect is such a rarity.

I wore my Poppy with pride today.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Did you read the rest of the post you quoted, he was sleeping rough!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
On the many occasions that I have found myself blind drunk, I have never ended up with an aerosol can and a match in hand! And to my mind a 15 year old poppy seller us not a terrorist target!! This sounds like another case of care in the community going very badly wrong!! I am sorry but some mental illnesses become dangerous for others and there has to be institutions to protect firstly those people and the wider community!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
India and Pakistan are within the continent of Asia therefore by definition they are Asian like we in the UK are European because we live on the continent of Europe.

It's really not a difficult concept to understand - just look at a world map

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
India and Pakistan are within the continent of Asia therefore by definition they are Asian like we in the UK are European because we live on the continent of Europe.

It's really not a difficult concept to understand - just look at a world map

We live on an island off the continent of Europe, might wanna check that world map buddy

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: damo1583

So which continent do you think we are part of then? Africa, Asia, N or S America's or Australasia/Oceania ?????

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Actually I don't know a muslim man who doesn't drink alcohol, despite the rhetoric. It seems to be the women who have real religious zeal.

This attacking young people whilst isis is murdering and raping seems a bit rich to me if the attacker is an asian. Its not acceptable and he needs to be hunted down, punished and deported.

Poppy day and all it stands for is a very important tradition for us Brits and anyone offending against it who is immigrant has no business interfering or doing the despicable behaviour and maining he has carried out. I hope every effort is made to catch this viscious hypocrite and he and his family are exposed and shamed.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

We are clearly part of Europe mate, but here it is as far as Asia goes! The sub continent is a geographical term and not to be confused with race or people, pakistanis , Indians, Bangladeshi and sri Lankans are all of the indic race of people! But politically they are all Asian

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join