It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poppy seller burned in aerosol attack in Manchester

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

A 15-year-old Army cadet who was selling poppies for Remembrance Day suffered burns to his face in an attack with a lit aerosol can.

The boy, who was wearing his uniform, was at a bus stop near Manchester Art Gallery at 18:00 GMT on Saturday when he was attacked.

Police said a man lifted an aerosol can and a lighter and sprayed him with lit fumes.

The cadet suffered burns to his face and singed hairs, officers confirmed.

Greater Manchester Police said the offender, described as black or Asian, 5ft 8in tall and wearing a dark hooded top, then walked off without saying a word.

Another cadet attacked for simply selling poppies - this follows another recent attack on one in Derby - is this what we can come to expect now?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The article I just read said that the attacker was clearly intoxicated so it's possible that he was just a knob.

Its worrying though, my 16 year old brother is a cadet and is more than likely out there selling poppies as well.

a reply to: stumason

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yep, probably - I was insinuating anything, just that this is the second one in a week.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I did not mean to imply that you did, just thought you might have caught a breaking story without the aditional info.

Although shocking I think we will find out this was a drunken idiot with issues and from what I gatther the kid got a bit singed and shaken but is pretty much fine.

a reply to: stumason

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Asian...hmm
?

Thought it would be when i clicked into the story.

Get out

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Do drunks usually walk around with aerosols to light with a lighter in the face of innocent kids?

I was young, and got drunk regularly in my late teens and twenties...and thirties come to that, and in all those years i never once carried an aerosol can with me anywhere, nor knew anyone else that did.

I can see how you want to look for a less nasty explanation for what happened, but i don't think being drunk was it.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

A 15-year-old Army cadet who was selling poppies for Remembrance Day suffered burns to his face in an attack with a lit aerosol can.

The boy, who was wearing his uniform, was at a bus stop near Manchester Art Gallery at 18:00 GMT on Saturday when he was attacked.

Police said a man lifted an aerosol can and a lighter and sprayed him with lit fumes.

The cadet suffered burns to his face and singed hairs, officers confirmed.

Greater Manchester Police said the offender, described as black or Asian, 5ft 8in tall and wearing a dark hooded top, then walked off without saying a word.

Another cadet attacked for simply selling poppies - this follows another recent attack on one in Derby - is this what we can come to expect now?

Now that is a nasty one, and the Cadet is probably lucky to not have been hurt more seriously.

The other thread of yours that you linked is hardly an attack though, but stupid stuff shouted out of a car window. Lets not make that something that it clearly wasn't Stu.

Anyone that begrudges the Poppy Appeal (or far worse) needs to get a grip on reality. What ever one's feelings on Wars, one would have to be a special kind of twisted to object.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The report said black or asian so thats a pretty broad field really.

a reply to: rigel4

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We will have to wait and see, the point I was making is that the attacker was intoxicated and the attack although unusual was not something that could be life threatening.

I think with the information we have it is most likley that it was a stupid random act of violence.

a reply to: MysterX

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Plenty of aggressive drunks and drug addicts hang out in central Manchester and violence/aggression is not an uncommon sight.

It can be a pretty rum place.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I wasn't making anything out to be anything, both are how they are being treated by the Justice system. I am merely commenting on this seemingly new phenomenon. What next, defacing the Cenotaph?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
got to admit manchester didn't get the nickname of madchester for nothing and by the gods i'm not too bothered about most places but some of the suburbs of manchester really are the pits and could be called mos eisley on acid

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yeah, we'll have to see.

BUt one thing at least, if the fruit cake that burnt the kid was actually drunk, that excludes it being a radical Muslim attack on a kid in uniform.

They are forbidden to drink booze aren't they?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
there are no rules to be a mooslum as long as your attacking the infidels. Pretty much allowed to do anything eat ,drink watch strippers ,kill all legal and encourage. That's why it is so popular in prison.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Are you suggesting this was a terrorist attack?

a reply to: mikell

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Really?

So to attack someone they encourage radicals to get off their heads on booze and then do it?

That's absurd.

Either they're forbidden by their religious dogma to touch alcohol or they're not..i don't think the Koran says Alcohol is forbidden except to give you Dutch courage enough to have a pop at young kids.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The report I saw never stated alcohol but said intoxicated.

I knew someone would end up saying it was race related.

You can imagine the meeting. "The thing is were all out of suicide bombs and all the machetes are off bieng sharpened.

Heres a can of lynx and a clipper, no go and take the infidels eyebrows clean off!"

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You are very naive if you seriously believe Muslim males don't drink.

Where do you live? Can I buy a house there?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think they are reffering to radical extremist muslims.

As opposed to the regular every day people who have religious beliefs.

a reply to: CJCrawley

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
The report said black or asian so thats a pretty broad field really.

a reply to: rigel4

Hmmm yės, you could say somewhat nonspecific...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join