It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Around and Refueling From Our Sun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I thought they fed off our hopes and despairs.

It usually presented here.

(post by MKMoniker removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: skyblueworld
a reply to: SLAYER69

Care to share the video or a nice linky?

Sure, here is the video and the 'Explanation' For what it's worth.

Here is the "official mission webpage" with "information" from the "scientists" who "developed, launched, and operate" the project. For what it's worth.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: skyblueworld

Care to share the video or a nice linky?

Sure, here is the video and the 'Explanation' For what it's worth.

That there is a solar ejaculation, notice the spermly shape

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Sorry for insulting you and your thread, MKMoniker. I am over the top sometimes and I need to be more careful.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

And why would we believe anything NASA scientists have to say when they are renowned for doctoring images & keeping secrets from the public.

Great Comment from the video.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am quite sure its just an Solar eruption.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

And why would we believe anything NASA scientists have to say when they are renowned for doctoring images & keeping secrets from the public.

That's exactly why they launched SOHO and post the data online... to keep the information from the public.

Not the most successful of strategies, as this thread would indicate.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Apology accepted.

I know ATSers can be passionate about their favorite subjects. But "politeness" is and has always been a barrier to soften our rhetoric and mute the anger. I'm still working on this myself.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Um, you guys realize that the sun is really hot right?

Like REALLY REALLY hot :-)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.answers.com...
HOW IS OUR SUN DIFFERENT FROM OTHER SUNS/STARS?
"Our sun is a lot smaller than other suns. Our sun is not as hot either, because the more whitish it is the younger it is and that also measures how hot it is too. Our sun has gone from white to orange so its getting older and not as hot. "

www.windows2universe.org...
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN OUR SUN AND OTHER STARS
" The Sun is a pretty small star as compared with the giants in the Universe.Only about one out of one hundred stars are more than eight times as massive as our Sun. The largest star, Mu Cephei is so large you could fit over one billion of our Suns inside of it!"

nfo.edu...
OUR SUN AND OTHER STARS
"Our Sun is now about halfway through its middle age. It will continue to give us light and heat for another 5 billion years. How long a star lasts depends on how big it is. The biggest stars live fast (meaning hot) and die young by blowing themselves to bits (Supernova) . Smaller stars live calmly for hundreds of millions of years and die much more quietly.

"Stars all seem to be made up of the same elements that are found on Earth, even though they can be different sizes, temperatures, and ages. Our Sun is an average-size star, maybe a little smaller than most stars. Stars the size of our Sun are known as Dwarf Stars. The largest stars can be 10 times larger across then the Sun. These are called Giant or SuperGiant stars.

"The very smallest stars are not much bigger than the planet Jupiter. They can all be different colors. Their color depends on their temperature, how hot they are. The coolest stars are nearly 500 degrees, while the hottest stars can reach 90,000 degrees. Cool stars appear red, and hot stars look bluish-white.

chandra.harvard.edu...
GREAT ILLO OF OUR GALAXY, AND WHERE OUR SUN (AND SOLAR SYSTEM) ARE LOCATED

*****************************************************************************************

"Stars the size of our Sun are known as Dwarf Stars."

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...
WHITE DWARF STARS
"A white dwarf is what stars like the Sun become after they have exhausted their nuclear fuel. Near the end of its nuclear burning stage, this type of star expels most of its outer material, creating a planetary nebula. Many nearby, young white dwarfs have been detected as sources of soft, or lower-energy, X-rays. A typical white dwarf is half as massive as the Sun, yet only slightly bigger than Earth."

According to some ETs, our Sun is "very unique." Since its composition appears to be the same as other stars, the uniqueness must come from its size and temperature.

Sooooo ... Our sun is the size of a spent white dwarf, but is still a fully functioning, middle-aged "star," and not as hot. This would be rare in the galaxy, and possibly figures in as to why so many UFOs or rogue/nomad-planets seem to visit it to refuel
edit on 28-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: corrections

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Great Comment from the video.

Or is it simply some people don't have a clue what they are looking at or the processes used to record the images
edit on 28-10-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

According to some ETs, our Sun is "very unique." l

Which ET's? Please name and qualify your sources.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
More on our "very unique" Sun, and possible explanations as to why such a variety of UFOs seek it out to refuel.

www.techtimes.com...
NASA'S "IRIS" UNLOCKS MORE MYSTERIES OF OUR SUN
"Thanks to NASA's Interface Region Imaging Spectrograph (IRIS), which launched last year, we now not only have an unprecedented view of our sun, but also new data that explains many of its mysteries.

"On Friday, five scientific groups published papers in the Oct. 17, 2014 issue of Science magazine based on data and images derived from IRIS' instruments.

"This set of research really delivers on the promise of IRIS, which has been looking at a region of the sun with a level of detail that has never been done before," says Bart De Pontieu the IRIS science lead. "The results focus on a lot of things that have been puzzling for a long time and they also offer some complete surprises."

"One of those surprises, perhaps the biggest, concerns pockets of heat at about 200,000 degrees Fahrenheit low in the sun's atmosphere. This discovery surprised scientists who never expected that such high temperatures could exist that close to the sun's surface. These "solar bombs" contain a lot of energy that get released in a short amount of time. This changes everything we understand about the sun's atmosphere and "will likely lead to a reassessment of other phenomena in the low solar atmosphere."

("Solar Bombs" of 200,000 degrees F. low in the sun's atmosphere? Could this unique phenomenon be what UFOs and/or rogue/nomad planets are refueling from?)
edit on 28-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: corrections

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I know that some UFOs are only visible in infra-red (night vision), so people can take a photo of something else in the sky, and only see a UFO when they download their photos to their computers. This answers that tired refrain "With all the cell phones out there, why aren't there more UFO photos?"

But Yes, SOHO records in ultra-violet, or NUV, "near ultra-violet, which is the light closest to optical or visible light". So it's possible some/many UFOs can also be seen in the visible light spectrum.
facweb.cs.depaul.edu...
ULTRA-VIOLET LIGHT
"Ultraviolet (UV) light has shorter wavelengths than visible light.

"Scientists have divided the ultraviolet part of the spectrum into three regions: the near ultraviolet, the far ultraviolet, and the extreme ultraviolet. The three regions are distinguished by how energetic the ultraviolet radiation is, and by the "wavelength" of the ultraviolet light, which is related to energy.

"The near ultraviolet, abbreviated NUV, is the light closest to optical or visible light. The extreme ultraviolet, abbreviated EUV, is the ultraviolet light closest to X-rays, and is the most energetic of the three types. The far ultraviolet, abbreviated FUV, lies between the near and extreme ultraviolet regions. It is the least explored of the three regions."

(The Apollo astronauts left an ultra-violet telescope on the moon, per the above article. And besides the SOHO telescope near the Sun, we have also put UIT's (Ultraviolet Imaging Telescopes) in orbit since the 1990s.)

archive.stsci.edu...
ULTRAVIOLET IMAGING TELESCOPES

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Thanks. However I do know quite about the EM spectrum and the UV wavelength.

It still didn't answer my question: Is the "shark fin object" in any of the visible light images taken at or about the same time?

I've not had the time to go look for myself, but I would assume due diligence in anyone researching this. So images across the entire spectrum that are available should be present.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

I know that some UFOs are only visible in infra-red (night vision), so people can take a photo of something else in the sky, and only see a UFO when they download their photos to their computers.

The problem with this most of those photo's/ videos are done with night vision goggles most of which are VERY LOW resolution and also by people with video cameras with a night vision setting, more often than not those people show they don't really know how to use the camera properly and some have the cheek to beg for donations for some very expensive equipment.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

www.thesuntoday.org...
THE SUN TODAY - MISSION HUB FOR SOHO
If you scroll down to "10 Best SOHO Images," the first photo is of Earth," and it looks like it was recorded in visible light. So there is at least one camera on-board SOHO that can take shots in visible light, apparently.

As far as the "shark-fin UFO" being snapped by visible-light camera(s) on SOHO, I don't know.

However, NASA now has the SDO (Solar Dynamics Observatory) working with SOHO, and from the gallery of photos on their website, they can record in the visible-spectrum as well as thru about 17 different filters. (Again, the video stream they upload for the public may only be in ultra-violet.)

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
SDO - NASA

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

"The problem with this most of those photo's/ videos are done with night vision goggles most of which are VERY LOW resolution and also by people with video cameras with a night vision setting, more often than not those people show they don't really know how to use the camera properly and some have the cheek to beg for donations for some very expensive equipment. "

No, from what I've read of UFO witness reports on MUFON and NUFORC, people can take photos of the daytime sky or landscape with an ordinary cell phone, and only see the UFOs when they download the shots to their computers.

There are also UFO Watchers groups around the country, however, who stake out a UFO hotspot and set up specialized night-vision cameras/telescopes - not goggles:

ufomedia.blogspot.com...
UFOS IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT

(NOTE: You can still use night-vision goggles, but please avoid the mistakes of the early erroneous reports: A flock of migrating birds is NOT "A UFO Invasion Force"!)

edit on 28-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarify

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

A lot of those objects they would not see because they are things like bugs & birds which fly into the field of view as the picture is taken we have plenty of threads/posts on here with examples of that.

I would take with a large pinch of salt what claims are made re images by people like mufon etc going by my 35 years taking pictures and reading claims made.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join