It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How ebola spreads other than direct human contact.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Earlier thread on ATS said it can live for weeks in liquids and on surfaces.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was curious about waste disposal there, so i goggled waste disposal in Liberia.

“There is a serious problem of hygiene in Monrovia as residents throw waste, including feces, in the streets,” said Dehwehn Yeabah, director of environmental health in the Liberian health ministry. He said water accumulating at dumpsites is spilling into uncovered wells throughout the city.

www.irinnews.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Once Ebola makes enough copies of itself inside a host it comes out, seeking fresh victims.

It behaves in a country on a mass scale just like it does in a single body. Once enough people become infected in a country, they start to come out carrying the virus.

Ebola seeks a path…

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I 'm in Australia & just read a news feed stating that a nurse is in quarantine in Brisbane after returning from West Africa with a fever & gets results back tomorrow,this was 9 News feed ,but also on the feed was Ebola patients passing it along to their pets. Anyone else read about this also?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm surprised the poor rural people don't just drop their pants and eliminate where ever they happen to be when the need arises. Dumping a bucket of excrement in the street sounds like a European tradition to me.

I wouldn't doubt that they don't use toilet paper. Why would anyone use toilet paper if they have no toilets?

Diapers? Probably no diapers either.

Fresh water is likely scarce, so if, or when, they take a bath it is probably in a polluted pond or river.

I'm sure the population outside of the major cities is just swimming in filth on a daily basis, so it's no surprise they are infested with diseases.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I'm surprised the poor rural people don't just drop their pants and eliminate where ever they happen to be when the need arises. Dumping a bucket of excrement in the street sounds like a European tradition to me.

I wouldn't doubt that they don't use toilet paper. Why would anyone use toilet paper if they have no toilets?

Fresh water is likely scarce, so if, or when, they take a bath it is probably in a polluted pond or river.

I'm sure the population outside of the major cities is just swimming in filth on a daily basis, so it's no surprise they are infested with diseases.

You make it sound like a week at hunting camp
Ahhh, how I miss those days.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, got to deal with the hunting thing soon (sigh).

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

You make it sound like a week at hunting camp
Ahhh, how I miss those days.

Huh? You guys use diapers at hunting camp? LOL!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The article is about cholera and dysentery not ebola.
But yes, the living conditions (low health care, dangerous cultural practices) are a major reason ebola has become epidemic there.
edit on 10/26/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join